Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)  
Old December 11th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
That is certainly not what I've been reading, but I'll be on her Jan. 12/13 so I will see for myself at that time.

I do however believe, they have increased capacity at the price of functioning space.

I've also never read so many negative/complaining reviews on a new ship as I have on the Reflection.

But I'll let you know when I return.
Here's what they added

Celebrity Reflection will offer 245 more loungers on its expanded pool deck to suit the increased overall guest capacity, as well as 45 additional seats in the Celebrity Theater, 118 in Oceanview Café, 24 additional seats each in Blu and in Tuscan Grille, four more in Qsine, and 40 additional seats in the main dining room, where Celebrity offers Celebrity Select DiningSM, the industry's first flexible dining option allowing guests to choose when they wish to dine on a flexible, day-by-day basis.

Above is a quote from the press release which is linked below.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/abou...A&pageNumber=6
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old December 11th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
24 additional seats each in Blu
24 seats...didn't they add 34 Aqua Spa Suites? 34 x 2 68 people for 24 seats. Did they increase the amount of Aqua Spa rooms too or just add the suites?
__________________
Upcoming:

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old December 11th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackypup View Post
24 seats...didn't they add 34 Aqua Spa Suites? 34 x 2 68 people for 24 seats. Did they increase the amount of Aqua Spa rooms too or just add the suites?
I'm sure they did some research, as I said earlier they can still not allow those in suites to attend Blu if it is a problem. I'm sure they are figuring a number of those people are going to eat in Specialties or perhaps in thei room.
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old December 12th, 2012, 10:03 AM
felix_the_cat's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 1,623
Default

They added numbers - not footage. Huge difference. They took space from the Sky Lounge to add cabins. That is space no longer available.

I have read conflicting reports about Blu but most are unhappy. They are allowing suite passengers to use Blu and no longer charging them the $5 min. fee.

Passengers from Aqua have been asked to return at later times because there is no seating. The seating the did add does not cover the passengers added and they did not add any more footage so now they are more crowded.

You must give all the information please. Celebrity is my line of choice but I will not be blinded by only taking part of the information.
__________________
Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old December 12th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Paul Motter's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: in my office!
Posts: 10,600
Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default

This is just a thought - look into the capacity of Blu on Reflection.

I walked through it and it looked much bigger, but I do not have the solid specs in front of me (and Im in Europe and access is slow).
__________________
I am the editor, but I also speculate, ask questions and play devil's advocate. I reserve the right to change my mind.

Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old December 12th, 2012, 07:10 PM
felix_the_cat's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 1,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
This is just a thought - look into the capacity of Blu on Reflection.

I walked through it and it looked much bigger, but I do not have the solid specs in front of me (and Im in Europe and access is slow).

Are you in a hurry? I'll be on Jan. 12 and will most definitely be checking it out.
__________________
Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old December 13th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
They added numbers - not footage. Huge difference. They took space from the Sky Lounge to add cabins. That is space no longer available.

I have read conflicting reports about Blu but most are unhappy. They are allowing suite passengers to use Blu and no longer charging them the $5 min. fee.

Passengers from Aqua have been asked to return at later times because there is no seating. The seating the did add does not cover the passengers added and they did not add any more footage so now they are more crowded.

You must give all the information please. Celebrity is my line of choice but I will not be blinded by only taking part of the information.
They added space also, ship is overall bigger...Ship is wider and has more gross tonnage.
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old December 13th, 2012, 09:38 AM
felix_the_cat's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 1,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
They added space also, ship is overall bigger...Ship is wider and has more gross tonnage.
Yes, I understand that but they also took away about half of the Sky Lounge. The extra space was for cabins as was the space they took away from the Sky Lounge. They did not add any space to Blu - only more seating.

I know you are a huge fan and cheerleader for Celebrity but you cannot justify what they have done or try to make it look like they haven't. They have taken away the space and turned it into cabins. They have increased capacity and made the ship more crowded and taken away from the common area.

You can go on about width and tonnage all you want - they changes were for cabins not common area where they have actually removed space.
__________________
Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old December 13th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
Yes, I understand that but they also took away about half of the Sky Lounge. The extra space was for cabins as was the space they took away from the Sky Lounge. They did not add any space to Blu - only more seating.

I know you are a huge fan and cheerleader for Celebrity but you cannot justify what they have done or try to make it look like they haven't. They have taken away the space and turned it into cabins. They have increased capacity and made the ship more crowded and taken away from the common area.

You can go on about width and tonnage all you want - they changes were for cabins not common area where they have actually removed space.
I disagree with your post on many levels. I would suggest you check my posts on other threads and other boards and you will find that I am not a cheerleader for Celebrity. I have criticized them since before you were on any board over their stateside customer service, failure to comply with their own rules, web site and their inconsistencies. I do praise where I feel it is necessary. I try to call things as I see them, good or bad.

Also, please note that I have not given an opinion on this, only straight facts from press releases and Celebrity's own comments.

Finally, they did increase public spaces in volume, you are absolutely wrong on that.

Come back and report what you find after your cruise but it looks to me like you are working yourself up to a big letdown, no matter what.

Don
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old December 13th, 2012, 01:34 PM
felix_the_cat's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 1,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
I disagree with your post on many levels. I would suggest you check my posts on other threads and other boards and you will find that I am not a cheerleader for Celebrity. I have criticized them since before you were on any board over their stateside customer service, failure to comply with their own rules, web site and their inconsistencies. I do praise where I feel it is necessary. I try to call things as I see them, good or bad.

Also, please note that I have not given an opinion on this, only straight facts from press releases and Celebrity's own comments.

Finally, they did increase public spaces in volume, you are absolutely wrong on that.

Come back and report what you find after your cruise but it looks to me like you are working yourself up to a big letdown, no matter what.

Don

That is amusing - you have not been around longer than I but that doesn't matter at all. I would ask you - have you been on the Reflection? I haven't but soon will be and I'm lookin quite forward to it. I don't care if they give us coupons or the Sky Lounge. We are taking 6 new cruisers with us and I hope they are duly impressed.

In case you aren't aware of it, I am a travel agent. I more than aware of the follibles of the RCL products, however I will tell you this, they are the best of all the cruiselines to work with when my clients have problems.

I am not wrong about the decrease in the public space but I'll take pics for you next month.

But you aren't seeing them - if you haven't been on the ship, you can't call it as you see it.

Anyway, as I said, I'll let you know. Oh, I take peoples word over press releases.
__________________
Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #41 (permalink)  
Old December 13th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
That is amusing - you have not been around longer than I but that doesn't matter at all. I would ask you - have you been on the Reflection? I haven't but soon will be and I'm lookin quite forward to it. I don't care if they give us coupons or the Sky Lounge. We are taking 6 new cruisers with us and I hope they are duly impressed.

In case you aren't aware of it, I am a travel agent. I more than aware of the follibles of the RCL products, however I will tell you this, they are the best of all the cruiselines to work with when my clients have problems.

I am not wrong about the decrease in the public space but I'll take pics for you next month.

But you aren't seeing them - if you haven't been on the ship, you can't call it as you see it.

Anyway, as I said, I'll let you know. Oh, I take peoples word over press releases.
I said, I have been posting on these boards which is obvious...You are dead wrong about the public space but it appears you can't be moved by facts put in front of you so I will not continue this conversation. I hope you enjoy your cruise but you appear to have made up your mind that you will not.
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old December 14th, 2012, 08:31 AM
felix_the_cat's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 1,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
I said, I have been posting on these boards which is obvious...You are dead wrong about the public space but it appears you can't be moved by facts put in front of you so I will not continue this conversation. I hope you enjoy your cruise but you appear to have made up your mind that you will not.

And asI said, you are so very wrong. But then you don't know me do you, so you are assuming and you know what they say about assume.
__________________
Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old December 14th, 2012, 09:04 AM
felix_the_cat's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 1,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
I said, I have been posting on these boards which is obvious...You are dead wrong about the public space but it appears you can't be moved by facts put in front of you so I will not continue this conversation. I hope you enjoy your cruise but you appear to have made up your mind that you will not.

Do you make a habit of telling people that what you read is more accurate than what they see? Just curious.

And you also seem to have a habit of reading people's minds and telling them what they think.

See you when I return from mu cruise on the Reflection, which I will enjoy thoroughly.
__________________
Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old December 15th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Paul Motter's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: in my office!
Posts: 10,600
Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default

FWIW: I am sitting here with Linda Garrison from About.com Cruises. She said Blu appears to be the sam size to her - however, I noticed that the number of new suites they added with acccess with Blu is just about 40 - not exactly a ton of new people.

I remember hearing in the past the restaurant was always somewhat open. Anyway - please do let u know.
__________________
I am the editor, but I also speculate, ask questions and play devil's advocate. I reserve the right to change my mind.

Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old December 15th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
FWIW: I am sitting here with Linda Garrison from About.com Cruises. She said Blu appears to be the sam size to her - however, I noticed that the number of new suites they added with acccess with Blu is just about 40 - not exactly a ton of new people.

I remember hearing in the past the restaurant was always somewhat open. Anyway - please do let u know.
The size difference may not be noticeable since the ship is wider, basically they didn't change the shape just made things bigger with the bigger ship. This is from people who have returned from the ship. The pool deck is definitely bigger and there is a new restaurant on the Pool deck.

As to Blu, they added 24 seats and 34 Aqua Suite cabins however as I said in an earlier post they do not have to let the other suite people in, that is only an option. They should guarantee that AQ cabins and suites are let in first if there is a problem because Blu was set up for them.

Don
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old December 26th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Paul Motter's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: in my office!
Posts: 10,600
Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default

Got this review on 12-23


by Sandra Goldberg
Eastern CaribbeanDecember 15, 2012


We were disappointed in some of the changes made on the Reflection. We have thoroughly enjoyed Aqua Class and Blu dining on Eclipse,Solstice and Equinox.

Reflection had many more Aqua guests and squeezed the tables together, but should have been made larger. Also,there were children and a baby for dinner,completely inappropriate. We love children and babies, but dinner should be for adults.That is why we pay exrea for Aqua Class. We enjoy dining in Blu.

Breakfast time was a fiasco. There were not enough waiters.The little sofas in the cabins were not sofas, but slabs of wood with hardpieces of foam on top.The quality of the food at dinner was just fair. I guess we cannot expext gourmet.

Our cabin attendant was superb. His Name was Ozy Fortado and he was the best we have ever had in 24 cruises.We are going again in April on the Equinox and hope everything will beas wonderful as it was when we were on there in January of this year.

Happy Sailing.
__________________
I am the editor, but I also speculate, ask questions and play devil's advocate. I reserve the right to change my mind.

Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old December 27th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
Got this review on 12-23


by Sandra Goldberg
Eastern CaribbeanDecember 15, 2012


We were disappointed in some of the changes made on the Reflection. We have thoroughly enjoyed Aqua Class and Blu dining on Eclipse,Solstice and Equinox.

Reflection had many more Aqua guests and squeezed the tables together, but should have been made larger. Also,there were children and a baby for dinner,completely inappropriate. We love children and babies, but dinner should be for adults.That is why we pay exrea for Aqua Class. We enjoy dining in Blu.

Breakfast time was a fiasco. There were not enough waiters.The little sofas in the cabins were not sofas, but slabs of wood with hardpieces of foam on top.The quality of the food at dinner was just fair. I guess we cannot expext gourmet.

Our cabin attendant was superb. His Name was Ozy Fortado and he was the best we have ever had in 24 cruises.We are going again in April on the Equinox and hope everything will beas wonderful as it was when we were on there in January of this year.

Happy Sailing.
Children have always been allowed in Blu, that is the policy of Celebrity. By its nature, Blu does not get many children because they only allow two to a cabin however they are allowed. Don't see why its inappropriate, dinner is not just for adults, if you want an adults only dinner go to one of the Specialties that has an age 12 or over limit.

Age limits in Blu are clearly on their web site, here's the wording which has been in effect since Solstice class ships and of course Blu was introduced.

Guests dining in the following Specialty Restaurants must be at least 12 years old: Murano, SS United States, The Olympic, Ocean Liners, The Normandie. Also, children of any age that are booked in AquaClass® staterooms are welcome to dine in Blu with an adult.
Additionally, onboard our Solstice® Class ships, children that are booked in suites that are at least 12 years old will be accommodated in Blu when dining with an adult, based on availability only. Please note that any suite guests that dine in Blu will be charged a recommended gratuity of $5 per guest.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onbo...ecialty_dining

Last edited by dkjretired; December 27th, 2012 at 10:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old January 20th, 2013, 02:03 PM
felix_the_cat's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 1,623
Default

I have just returned from the Reflection and I can absolutely assure you the Sky lounge has been cut in half. I saw it.................OK? With the addition of new cabins/suites I can also assure you the ship is crowded. The dining room alone has adde more tables and is very tight. There are tables right at th foot of the stairs meaning if you want to use the stairs from the third deck to the second deck you need to squeeze by the table at the foot of the stairs.

I will report more later, however I must give a huge thanks to the front desk. One of our group had to be air lifted but they couldn't take the spouse. I worked with her for the remainder of our cruise as the front desk gave her continuous access to the telephone and any other help she needed..
__________________
Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:20 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
I have just returned from the Reflection and I can absolutely assure you the Sky lounge has been cut in half. I saw it.................OK? With the addition of new cabins/suites I can also assure you the ship is crowded. The dining room alone has adde more tables and is very tight. There are tables right at th foot of the stairs meaning if you want to use the stairs from the third deck to the second deck you need to squeeze by the table at the foot of the stairs.

I will report more later, however I must give a huge thanks to the front desk. One of our group had to be air lifted but they couldn't take the spouse. I worked with her for the remainder of our cruise as the front desk gave her continuous access to the telephone and any other help she needed..
A lot of people are complaining about the sky lounge, those suites up there were put in the plans late in construction. I guess they figure it wasn't used as much as they wanted so why not put those suites in. I personally like the sky lounge, I'm usually up early and like to watch docking from there.

As far as room, I have seen posts both ways, its crowded, not crowded. I guess its just everyone's own perception.

Sorry about your friend, hope everything works out.
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:31 AM
felix_the_cat's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 1,623
Default

Our friend is fine thank you. He's back in Canada and home now. It was an upsetting time I must say. The whole issue had some pros and cons to it but that's another story.

We love to Sky Lounge too. It was always a nice place to sit and enjoy the sea sights. Those new cabins are under key entry only and of course, we weren't able to see them.. Whoever walking past the entry did not impress me at all, it truly looks like a late add on that doesn't belong.

The Sky Lounge was not available to passengers much during the day as they tied it up with the Art Auction. You couldn't get in there unless you registered. Then, on at least one occasion, we were asked to vacate 20 minutes after the Elite happy hour ended as it was booked for a private function.

The ship was beautiful, but frankly, I'm not sure we would sail on her again. We will sail (and have sailed) on her sister ships but this one - I don't think so.

There were a couple of other things that turned us off - a full performance in the centrum where there just isn't the room was ridiculous for instance and crew who were constantly asking to be named on the review - including one female who asked one of our group just because they had the same name - she didn't service her in anyway - didn't even know what department she was from!!!
__________________
Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)  
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:38 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
Our friend is fine thank you. He's back in Canada and home now. It was an upsetting time I must say. The whole issue had some pros and cons to it but that's another story.

We love to Sky Lounge too. It was always a nice place to sit and enjoy the sea sights. Those new cabins are under key entry only and of course, we weren't able to see them.. Whoever walking past the entry did not impress me at all, it truly looks like a late add on that doesn't belong.

The Sky Lounge was not available to passengers much during the day as they tied it up with the Art Auction. You couldn't get in there unless you registered. Then, on at least one occasion, we were asked to vacate 20 minutes after the Elite happy hour ended as it was booked for a private function.

The ship was beautiful, but frankly, I'm not sure we would sail on her again. We will sail (and have sailed) on her sister ships but this one - I don't think so.

There were a couple of other things that turned us off - a full performance in the centrum where there just isn't the room was ridiculous for instance and crew who were constantly asking to be named on the review - including one female who asked one of our group just because they had the same name - she didn't service her in anyway - didn't even know what department she was from!!!
f

Those suites are set up so they can be sold individually or someone can obtain all of them for a large family or group. The outside door is able to be locked so that only those staying there can use them.
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old January 21st, 2013, 12:23 PM
felix_the_cat's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 1,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
f

Those suites are set up so they can be sold individually or someone can obtain all of them for a large family or group. The outside door is able to be locked so that only those staying there can use them.

I understand that but they just look like they don't belong where they are. I can't ever see us affording one of them so it's no problem for me - I just think they look misplaced.
__________________
Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old January 21st, 2013, 01:15 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
I understand that but they just look like they don't belong where they are. I can't ever see us affording one of them so it's no problem for me - I just think they look misplaced.
Agree, haven't seen them but alway thought they were put in an odd location. Very similiar to this is when they did the Solstization of the M class ships they took part of the Sky lounge to become the new Fun Factory.

Don
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old January 31st, 2013, 02:11 PM
Paul Motter's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: in my office!
Posts: 10,600
Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default

I always think suites placed all the way forward on ANY cruise ship are in the wrong place.

Of course you get the best views and open space side to side there for the biggest suites, but I also wouldn't book one unless I knew we were going to be in fairly calm seas throughout. The front of the ship always bucks the most in high seas. Can you see being in that suite all the way forward on a north Atlantic cruise?

But then again, suites usually DO sell out first, before the rest of the ship, so what do I know?

I would prefer a suite all the way in the back - especially since new ships mostly have azipods. The propeller vibration is all but eliminated.
__________________
I am the editor, but I also speculate, ask questions and play devil's advocate. I reserve the right to change my mind.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2012, caribbean, corporation, dan, hanrahan, hanrihan, laying, ncl, off, offered, regis, resign, resignation, royal, salary, severance

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Info from CEO Dan Hanrahan dkjretired Celebrity 0 May 12th, 2011 12:36 PM
Conversation with Dan Hanrahan Rev22:17 Celebrity 10 June 1st, 2010 05:41 PM
Celebrity's Marketing Executive Resigns- Triton Celebrity 10 September 3rd, 2009 08:45 PM
Castro Resigns; Cruise Lines Rejoice AR Chit - Chat for Cruisers 28 February 20th, 2008 11:20 AM
Seabourn CEO resigns Surlok Seabourn 0 February 15th, 2001 09:27 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 PM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1