CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Constellation (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/390664-constellation.html)

KellyKayden July 19th, 2012 12:04 PM

Constellation

Anyone here even been on the constellation? Any tips you can give me on what to do or not do? Fun features of the ship? Etc.?

KellyKayden July 20th, 2012 10:21 AM

Uh..huh????

dkjretired July 20th, 2012 10:40 AM

Kelly:
Occasionally we get these jerks come on the board and put up links for advertisements which are strictly forbidden according to the community guidelines. I reported the post and it should be gone soon.

Celebrity is an excellent cruise line, I don't now if you have cruised before but they are a little quieter than most lines. They don't have a lot of activities like rock climbing walls and surfing machines (nothing wrong with them) however they will provide you with a relaxing atmosphere, elegant dining, and plenty of activities.

Celebrity also has some of the best Specialty restaurants on their ships. I would suggest at least once try one of the Specialties.

Sorry, I saw your entry about Epic I have sailed NCL also and both NCL and Celebrity provide an excellent product. YOu will find food better on Celebrity and entertainment better on NCL. Celebrity also seems to have a better space to passenger ratio, doesn't seem as crowded. Do not know if it is an issue but Celebrity has one of the strictest smoking policies of all the mass market cruise lines. No smoking in cabins, on balconies and totally indoors.

Do not know when you are booked but Connie will be going in for major rehab next year in which they will add Aqua Class cabins and a couple more Specialty restaurants as well as many of the features of their very poplular S class ships.

KellyKayden July 21st, 2012 09:50 AM

Thank you very much for the info! Especially the comparisons to ncl and the epic, that will give me a good idea of what to expect!

We are going march on 2013, and i am very much so looking forward to a nice relaxing time. I really like the idea that it will not feel too crowded. Although i did love the epic, there were times it did not feel as big as it was and we were crammed with people!

johnthed0g July 21st, 2012 03:37 PM

Last time I was on her there was a splendid hydropool that was free & adults only....excellent. Oceanliners speciality restaurant is or was splendid.

Sid1962 July 26th, 2012 09:34 AM

Kelly,

We have been on the Connie 3 times, the last being for 2 weeks over Easter of this year in the Caribbean.

We love the ship.

As one other poster mentioned, Connie and all of the other M-class hips have an adults only area which is forward on the pool deck; you can't miss it. In there is our favorite thing, and why we love the M-class ships: the Thalossotherapy Pool, or as we call it, the T-pool.

It is a heated pool, adults only, seawater, that features areas on both sides that have a series of round bars that you can lay one....underneath the bars, the water bubbles and provides a massage like experience...you will love it.

Also in this same area is what is known as the AquaSpa Cafe, and it is behind the T-pool. It features light fare. We always have either the yougurt parfeits or the meusli in the mornings....for lunch the have various light dishes, and I am told you can order broiled (?) salmon any day for lunch. Try it....you'll like it...to steal a line from an ancient Alka-Seltzer commercial....

Our other favorite on this ship in particular is an entertainer called Perry Grant. He is featured nightly in Michael's lounge. I think his show starts at 7:30, but if you are not there by 7:00 or a little after, it's SRO. I won't try to describe his act, but it involves a lot of music - he sings and plays the piano - and some "campy" banter. You will either love him or not care for him Try and get to at least one of his shows. He also has a late shown nightly.

As for specialty restuarants, we have eaten twice at Tuscany, and can't say enough about it - we love it. Also very good is Bistro on Five. We have not done Ocean Liners, but have dined in the equivalents on other M-class ships. truth be told, to us, once was nice, but we prefer the less formal Tuscany. Again, personal choice.

We have opted for the Anytime Dining option, or whatever the name Celebrity has for it. We are early diners, and are usually there either at opening time or soon thereafter. We have had excellent service and have never had to wait for a table for 2.

Another nice venue is the Rendezvous Lounge, just in front of the MDR. It has a comparatively large dance floor, and the music there is nice as well. We particularly enjoy watching the skilled couples dance, and it seems like there are always a one or two couples that are really good.

That's all I can think of for now, but if you have any specific questions, I will try and answer them.

enjoy the voyage !

Ets80 August 7th, 2012 11:18 PM

It is a good cruise line. My favorite part is the food and the shows. There is tons to do and it is not that crowded either. Enjoy.

KellyKayden August 8th, 2012 08:47 PM

Thank you all so much! :-) i really like being able to get info like this before getting on the ship! Didn't belong to this boad prior to my last cruise so this is a really useful feature! :-)

momofmeg August 14th, 2012 08:13 AM

I was on her 5 years ago for a transatlantic and will be on her again in January. I will post after my cruise.

I loved the T-pool mentioned that is in the adult's only solarium area. Michael's club was a great a piano bar-we did not get to enjoy it much though as it was always super crowded. There is a bank of glass elevators and the 2 on the end face the ocean-which I loved. I also loved the coffee bar area which had music entertainers usually in the evening.