CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Celebrity vs. Royal Caribbean (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/391340-celebrity-vs-royal-caribbean.html)

HazyDavy August 20th, 2012 01:43 PM

Celebrity vs. Royal Caribbean

We have cruised twice on Royal Caribbean but like the longer stay in Bermuda that Celebrity offers sailing from NYC.

Some friends have told us that Celebrity is much nicer all around from rooms to food and entertainment.

We would like to hear from people who would like to share their personal cruising experiences.

Thanks

aerospace August 20th, 2012 03:38 PM

I usually say that Celebrity is better in every category but not by a mile. It's the small things that add up to make a nicer experience. For example the first thing you will get on board is a free glass of champagne.

Celebrity is also geared more to the adult crowd which is good if that's what your seeking. Less crying babies, teens running around, quieter and more peaceful. Also less likely to have a slide/waterpark area, as many people in the club after midnight, etc.

Surfguyxxx1 August 20th, 2012 06:29 PM

For me, I see more emphasis on guest service and attention to detail on Celebrity. However, I find Royal more affordable. Don't get me wrong, I am a loyal royal but if I had to choose a better line, I would go with Celebrity.

Kuki August 20th, 2012 06:39 PM

Given a choice, my choice would certainly be Celebrity.

Food alone is worth the move.

Donna August 20th, 2012 08:52 PM

I agree, both are great lines to cruise with, all depends on what you like in cruising. I love the entertainment better on Royal over Celebrity and seemed like more activities. ROyal is more geared for families with kids, where Celebrity isn't. Celebrity is more refined and elegant feeling over Royal. I would cruise each one depending on itinary...

Manuel August 20th, 2012 09:21 PM

I have cruised 4 times on Royal and 9 times on Celebrity. I would say that Celebrity has better service and better food as well as a more refined atmosphere.
I will say that the larger Royal ships do have more activities and more variety in their entertaiment.

TM

OldFartCruiser August 20th, 2012 11:39 PM

I agree w/everyone's posts. We use both lines among a few more. Don't do RCL when kids are out of school unless it is a long cruise or if we are taking G'kids, then won't consider Celebrity.

There is an advantage of Cel. over RC when it comes to Crown & Anchor & Captains Club. Both will recognize the higher category from the other line on their ships (also Azamara) but it is easier to get to a higher category w/Celebrity's Captains Club than RCL's Crown & Anchor.

O F C'er

dkjretired August 21st, 2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldFartCruiser (Post 1442893)
I agree w/everyone's posts. We use both lines among a few more. Don't do RCL when kids are out of school unless it is a long cruise or if we are taking G'kids, then won't consider Celebrity.

There is an advantage of Cel. over RC when it comes to Crown & Anchor & Captains Club. Both will recognize the higher category from the other line on their ships (also Azamara) but it is easier to get to a higher category w/Celebrity's Captains Club than RCL's Crown & Anchor.

O F C'er

Celebrity has excellent childrens programs, my kids enjoyed them better than Royal CAribbean, NCL and a couple of other defunct cruise lines. Much more individualized attention. Have seen many posts where parents said their kids like Celebrity better than Disney.

Stennsan August 22nd, 2012 12:40 AM

We found the food and shows on Celebrity to be better than what was offered on RCI. Celebrity is also more expensive than RCI.

But that's to be expected with Celebrity being RCCL's higher tier offering.