CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   1st time beverage package purchase (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/391798-1st-time-beverage-package-purchase.html)

adamken September 11th, 2012 12:52 PM

1st time beverage package purchase

There are 22 of us going on the Reflection in January, we are all pretty good drinkers and want to purchase the packages, a couple questions for you...

Do you still have to sign each time you get a drink?
can you get drinks in the dining room?
do you have to purchase the packages in advance or once you get aboard?
how about the frozen drinks? like a mudslide, do you have to purchase the classic or premium package?

worth it in your opinion?

storybookcruises.com September 11th, 2012 12:57 PM

Your agent should have provided this information to you, but here's the link where it'll answer all your questions;

All Inclusive Cruise Beverage Package: Wine, Spirits & More | Celebrity Cruises

adamken September 11th, 2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruise planner (Post 1446055)
Your agent should have provided this information to you, but here's the link where it'll answer all your questions;

All Inclusive Cruise Beverage Package: Wine, Spirits & More | Celebrity Cruises

well, that link did tell me that I can use the package in the dining room, it didn't say anything about not having to sign each time you get a drink, nor if you had to purchase this in advance

dkjretired September 11th, 2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamken (Post 1446053)
There are 22 of us going on the Reflection in January, we are all pretty good drinkers and want to purchase the packages, a couple questions for you...

Do you still have to sign each time you get a drink?
can you get drinks in the dining room?
do you have to purchase the packages in advance or once you get aboard?
how about the frozen drinks? like a mudslide, do you have to purchase the classic or premium package?

worth it in your opinion?

YOu can purchase the package once on board, there will be tables set up as you board. You can also purchase it at any of the bars but it must be purchased for the remainder of the cruise. Also, if you purchase it on board but before you sail, in some ports not all, you may be charged a sales tax so inquire about that.

storybookcruises.com September 11th, 2012 05:44 PM

I'm really surprised your agent couldn't answer your questions about this. But yes, you can purchase it before you go or onboard. And no, you don't have to sign for anything. The only time you have to sign is if it's going to be charged to your onboard account.

Pete

adamken September 12th, 2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruise planner (Post 1446079)
I'm really surprised your agent couldn't answer your questions about this. But yes, you can purchase it before you go or onboard. And no, you don't have to sign for anything. The only time you have to sign is if it's going to be charged to your onboard account.

Pete

What agent? i guess you assumed I booked through a travel agent??

storybookcruises.com September 12th, 2012 03:57 PM

You should always book with an agent. If you book directly with the cruise line, they represent themselves. If you have any problems, they'll look after their best interest. If you have an agent and run into any problems, they can be invaluable as they represent you and they have resources not available to you. Plus, agents will look after you and should the prices drop, they'll get the new rates for you. Whereas if you book with the cruise line, the last thing they'll want is to let you know the price went down.

I could give you a dozen great reasons to book with an agent, but can't give you one good reason to book directly with the cruise line.

Bottom line; who will look after your best interest? An agent wants your business - the cruise line wants your money.

Just saying...

Pete