CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Celebrity cruise director. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/394210-celebrity-cruise-director.html)

poppadock January 18th, 2013 04:27 PM

Celebrity cruise director.

Just came back from a 14th day celebrity cruise on the eclipse. On the next to the last night performance in the eclipse theatre at the end of the show, the cruise director Patti Honacki asked the audience if they would be going up to the party on the 14th fl. or to bed. When the seniors answered to bed the cruise director then said to them, U people spend thousands of dollars to be on this cruise & U just want to sleep ? there will be time for sleep when you're dead ! and some of U R closer to dying then others. I guess it was suppose to be a joke, but it did not set well with the seniors in the audience. I for one hope I never run into Patti again.

aerospace January 18th, 2013 06:21 PM

On my transatlantic cruise the 2nd show of the night was usually about 10% full, but I was surprised how many people were up at 5am compared to other cruises. Up till 2am and sleep until 10, or in bed by 9 and up by 5 it's the same thing.

Also if they want to pay for the cruise and sleep why the hell not? :)

Manuel January 18th, 2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerospace (Post 1461839)
Also if they want to pay for the cruise and sleep why the hell not? :)

I agree! It's your cruise, you should do whatever you want to do.

TM

Voyager57 February 10th, 2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppadock (Post 1461831)
Just came back from a 14th day celebrity cruise on the eclipse. On the next to the last night performance in the eclipse theatre at the end of the show, the cruise director Patti Honacki asked the audience if they would be going up to the party on the 14th fl. or to bed. When the seniors answered to bed the cruise director then said to them, U people spend thousands of dollars to be on this cruise & U just want to sleep ? there will be time for sleep when you're dead ! and some of U R closer to dying then others. I guess it was suppose to be a joke, but it did not set well with the seniors in the audience. I for one hope I never run into Patti again.

You posted this on the 18th, meaning you were on the cruise just before the one I took. Well, she said the exact same stupid joke towards the end of the cruise I was on, (Eclipse from the 12th to the 26th).

She's always in front of Celebrity Central after a show to hear our comments, but she seems to be a lot more open to compliments than to criticism. After the "Edge" show, I asked her why do they make 2 vocal singers sing different songs at the same time, as they did with the themes from 'Dirty Dancing' and 'Tonight'. She tried to explain that this is called a 'mash'. I simply told her that it sounded cacophonous, just like when you're trying to listen to TV in one room and another TV is playing loud in the next room. Instead of telling me something polite like "I'll take note of your comment", she just stared at me and said "That's what it's meant to be". Nice brush-off. She turned me off. Completely.

She's been on cruise ships for about 6 years and it's her third cruise line, if that means anything. . .

Manuel April 23rd, 2013 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voyager57 (Post 1464049)
She's been on cruise ships for about 6 years and it's her third cruise line, if that means anything. . .

Sounds like she should move on to a different job.:mad:

That is why it's important to fill out the opinion survey at the end of the cruise.

TM

poppadock April 26th, 2013 05:58 PM

poppadock

Yes we did fill out the survely, but we fail to mention her. :(

kaiyara June 24th, 2013 01:34 AM

These perks are great. They've been offering them off and on for a few months now with 123 GO and other promotions. I really wish I could capitalize on them but there isn't another cruise in my future until next year. Land vacations and a few months in Mexico and Europe this Fall have eaten up the travel budget.

However, these promotions always make me think...................... Do I really need to pay those property taxes.

Donna June 24th, 2013 07:48 AM

Obviously, she was trying to be funny, but it doesn't sound like it came out that way....May-be time to get rid of that joke?

Askari July 20th, 2013 02:14 PM

I asked her for what reason do they make 2 vocal vocalists sing distinctive melodies in the meantime, as they did with the subjects from 'dirty Dancing' and 'tonight'.

Voyager57 August 11th, 2013 11:27 PM

I'm booked on the Eclipse next January...

If I'm lucky, someone else will be the cruise director. . .

vamoonbeam@comcast.net August 12th, 2013 06:08 PM

Looking for a long cruise just let me know when, cost and have a cruise companion

Clairey Bear August 13th, 2013 03:51 PM

That is, in my opinion, in extremely bad taste, I can't believe she did it twice! Definitely the comment card should be used.

beachbum13 August 13th, 2013 07:06 PM

Funny thing is I was recently at a party and there were a lot of "older" people there. A bunch of people were going to head down to AC for some gambling and a night cap. (About 30 minute drive) And I heard a man say almost the same thing to one of his friends. "We can sleep when we're dead. We might not have a lot of time left so we need to make every minute count!" Sounds like she just may need to change her delivery? I personally may not have even noticed. Then I'm not quite a senior citizen yet! When I cruise I try and let thing roll off me. (I try!!)

But,,, I might be closer to the end than I think!

Carpe Diem!!!