Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2013, 10:04 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
Just a quick mention of Celebrity's web site:

Note that T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurants at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The appropriate dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. Additionally, you are asked to follow the "Smart Casual & Above" dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.
Old June 25th, 2013, 10:06 AM
First Mate

Celebrity may have on their web site but do they enforce with any regularity?
Old June 25th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by big apple View Post
Celebrity may have on their web site but do they enforce with any regularity?
In my experience, they do enforce the no bathing suits rule on a regular basis.
Old July 11th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Before hanging the staff from the yardarm, remember there are two sides to every story. Not saying one side is swayed in any way, but no one here has seen the clothing that was worn and I'm sure it would be interesting to see same.
Most everyone seems to be blaming the staff-- how many times do we see posts criticizing the cruise lines for NOT enforcing the dress codes --if we want them to enforce the dress, then don't be so quick to criticize them when they do without their side of the story.
Just my opinion, which is worthless to anyone but me.
Sail on-- dressed, undressed or in between-- but sail on !
personally, i'm not in disagreement with staff as far as enforcing the rule.

i am, however, in the opinion of how a situation is handled. if what the OP said was true, then i don't think this was deemed as an appropriate way of handling it.

part of my job is dealing with customer service - the best way to handle a sticky situation is to diffuse the problem so that the person who is in offense, deals with it right away, without causing a scene (not to say a scene was caused but by the way this employee handled it, a scene MIGHT have rose from this situation - everything is about prevention as best as possible).

bottom line, she was wrong to wear what she wore - but there is no need to treat her as a criminal which judging by this staff's chosen words, came pretty close.

having said that, i will agree, there are two sides of every story. my response, however, made no assumptions of what the clothing was or wasn't... just feeding off the professionalism of how the situation was handled.

and of course your opinion matters - all of ours should matter.
Old July 11th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Quote:
she was approachd by a restaurant manager who told her she looked offensive and would need to leave and put a shirt on.
I would really like to know what the manager actually said. This is a very vague recount.

If it was really so insulting that the daughter ended up crying and refusing to dine out - it must have been pretty bad.

By the same token, it is pretty hard to believe that a request by a professional doing his job to notify a guest that bathing suits are not appropriate attire for the room would be worded in a way that says "your dress is "offensive'"

What exactly did he say - I think it makes a big difference. The fact that the OP made a big point of saying he was staying in a suite, that he demanded compensation, etc. but that their request were not honored just all adds up to "hearing half the story"

1) what did the manager actually say?
2) what did you ask for as compensation?

Also - for the record, the choice to defer a decision on this to after the cruise is not unusual for Royal Caribbean - they do have a customer service department to follows up on matters like this.
Old July 11th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Admiral

I'm not taking sides in any way. As I mentioned in another post, we constantly see posts made about how people dress and violate the dress codes and how the cruise lines should enforce them, or drop them. If They are going to enforce them , naturally some people won't be happy.
Almost all the responses seemed to fault the crew member without having the slightest idea of what was actually said and how it was said.
Reminds me of having a trial with just the complainant testifying and convicting the defendant without even giving him / her a chance to present their side. To just assume the crew person was in the wrong is unfair to him / her.
One person posted that she was sorry the O.P's daughter went through a "Horrible experience "-- that's quite an assumption, in view of the fact we have only one part of the story. Wonder what type of experience the crew member had to go through to enforce the dress code ??
Anyway, that's it from this side of the tracks-- just remember judgements and assumptions should not be made on one side of the story alone.
Sail on--sail on !!
Old July 12th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I'm not taking sides in any way. As I mentioned in another post, we constantly see posts made about how people dress and violate the dress codes and how the cruise lines should enforce them, or drop them. If They are going to enforce them , naturally some people won't be happy.
Almost all the responses seemed to fault the crew member without having the slightest idea of what was actually said and how it was said.
Reminds me of having a trial with just the complainant testifying and convicting the defendant without even giving him / her a chance to present their side. To just assume the crew person was in the wrong is unfair to him / her.
One person posted that she was sorry the O.P's daughter went through a "Horrible experience "-- that's quite an assumption, in view of the fact we have only one part of the story. Wonder what type of experience the crew member had to go through to enforce the dress code ??
Anyway, that's it from this side of the tracks-- just remember judgements and assumptions should not be made on one side of the story alone.
Sail on--sail on !!
Additionally there is a reason why heresay evidence is not admitted into court proceedings.
Old July 24th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
I would really like to know what the manager actually said. This is a very vague recount.

If it was really so insulting that the daughter ended up crying and refusing to dine out - it must have been pretty bad.

By the same token, it is pretty hard to believe that a request by a professional doing his job to notify a guest that bathing suits are not appropriate attire for the room would be worded in a way that says "your dress is "offensive'"

What exactly did he say - I think it makes a big difference. The fact that the OP made a big point of saying he was staying in a suite, that he demanded compensation, etc. but that their request were not honored just all adds up to "hearing half the story"

1) what did the manager actually say?
2) what did you ask for as compensation?

Also - for the record, the choice to defer a decision on this to after the cruise is not unusual for Royal Caribbean - they do have a customer service department to follows up on matters like this.
i don't think you're going to get a response. not sure if the original poster is a frequent member. maybe just some one passing by to vent. and hey - we all need to vent once in awhile. human nature.

but lets just suppose that the original poster was quoting the staff. would that be appropriate in how this client was dealt with? once again, we're also in agreement (from what i can gather from everyone else on this thread has conveyed), that the staff had a right to address the lady's attire.

i'm putting this more into a hypothetical situation, here.
Old August 13th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I don't think you were appropriately covered, either. Would you have worn that cover into the buffet without nothing on top underneath? or with your bra only underneath? If not, then the cover was "not a cover". It is not what you believe is appropriate; it is what the other passengers want to see or do not want to see while eating and also do not want sweaty pits dripping on the food. Grow up and dress appropriately for each venue.