Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Celebrity Century Review

Celebrity Century Mar 19 2013 15 day to Hawaii: This was our 3rd sailing with Celebrity and all 3 were close to perfect. We are Diamond on Royal Caribbean and the amenities cross from one brand to the other. I don’t know of any other cruise lines that offer this to their loyal customers. This cruise was absolutely wonderful. The senior staff was always out and about available for you to talk with them, a very nice personal touch. The ship was beautiful and extremely clean. Even though she is going in for a refurbishment they did not let the maintenance slide. The food was very good. Our dining room waiter was outstanding. The assistant waiter was out of commission for a few nights our waiter did his job and hers also all with grace and poise.
We went to Murano for an upscale dining experience and were very pleased. This was a long cruise with many sea days, the activity staff always had something interesting and fun going on. Our favorite was the Beyond the Podium speakers. There were 3 speakers aboard this cruise; each specialized in a different area of expertise. We learned quite a bit.
Unfortunately there was one downside. When we went to the Elite Members Wine tasting, the Cellar Master suggested we sign up for the Wine Paring Dinner in Murano. Well . . . the 3 course dinner plus dessert was not worth the $95 per person surcharge. Only one wine was offered per course vs sampling how each course presented interacted with the taste of different wines. They didn’t offer to refill your glass, you had to catch their eye and they gave you a little bit more. The menu was pre set. The only course with 2 options was the entrée. It was a nice menu but I think Ahi Tuna is an acquired taste, not something I was interested in at all, but that is a personal choice. For the price we could have eaten at Murano 2 more times, the surcharge is $40 per person and we chose everything we ate from an upscale menu. It is up to you, but for the money it was not worth it for the wine paring.
We dined in the Olympic Restaurant on the Millennium a few years ago, absolutely top notch.
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Thank you for the review.

I would love to cruise on the Century again.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old May 18th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Great review.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 01:46 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the great review. I've booked my first Celebrity cruise on Century (Alaska, 2014) and can't wait. Good to know that my Diamond on RC will translate to Elite