CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Premium vs. Specialty coffees/teas (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/398160-premium-vs-specialty-coffees-teas.html)

Clairey Bear July 28th, 2013 01:39 AM

Premium vs. Specialty coffees/teas

I'm trying to decide between Celebrity's Classic Non-Alcoholic and Premium Non-Alcoholic Beverage package.

The Classic Non-Alc. package (cheaper) mentions "premium coffees and teas." The Premium Non-Alc. package (more expensive) mentions "specialty coffees and teas."

I'd like to have the drinks served at Cafe Al Bacio included in my beverage package, and I don't want to choose the lesser package only to find out that they're "premium" not "specialty."

Can someone help? Thanks!

-First time cruiser, scheduled on Celebrity Solstice Alaska cruise in May 2014

Trip August 2nd, 2013 06:33 PM

I was on the media cruise for the Eclipse,and discovered a new tea for me anyway, called Tea Forte. The most delicious flavors and combinations I ever sipped,and I have been a tea drinker all my life. If this option is included in the package, I'd say go for it....the people who were coffee drinkers enjoyed every cup as well.....that little bakery/cafe is just delightful too!

Paul Motter August 8th, 2013 02:35 PM

How much espresso can you drink in a day?

Here is your answer:

Premium coffees (espressos, lattes and cappuccinos) are served in our coffee lounges such as the Cova Café and Café al Bacio. Specialty coffees include coffee with special flavorings and other ingredients that are also served in the Cova Café and Café al Bacio.

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water. *Starting from: 14.00 USD Per NIGHT

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package
Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water.

*Starting from: 18.00 USD Per NIGHT

Classic Package
Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all Beers up to $5 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving.

Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. *Starting from: 44.00 USD Per NIGHT

Clairey Bear August 10th, 2013 01:14 AM

Thank you! That is very helpful, and exactly what I wanted to know! After some discussion, we've about decided to hold off on purchasing any of the packages until we have a better idea of what is offered and what our cruise drinking habits will be.

joleyjames123 September 8th, 2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1481656)
How much espresso can you drink in a day?

Here is your answer:

Premium coffees (espressos, lattes and cappuccinos) are served in our coffee lounges such as the Cova Café and Café al Bacio. Specialty coffees include coffee with special flavorings and other ingredients that are also served in the Cova Café and Café al Bacio.

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water. *Starting from: 14.00 USD Per NIGHT

Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water.

*Starting from: 18.00 USD Per NIGHT

Classic Package
Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all Beers up to $5 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving.

Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. *Starting from: 44.00 USD Per NIGHT

This package is seems to fine to me and my friends and I'll take this.

Real Batman September 9th, 2013 01:20 AM

We are considering upgrading to premium package.

Having never cruised on Celebrity before, are the majority of wines less than $8 per glass? Are the majority of beers less than $5 per serving?

On another cruise line, we usually spent $10/serving for wine.

Ron & Joelle Baker November 26th, 2013 07:36 PM

I spoke directly to Celebrity about this, because it was a decision we had to make. The cruise offer came with a classic beverage package included. At first, my understanding was this...If I chose a drink that is above $8 they would charge me the difference. This is incorrect. The Celebrity agent told me.."if you choose any beverage over $8.00 you are charged for the drink in its entirety"...If you upgrade to the Premium package (Max $12 per drink) THEN you can order anything you want and pay the difference...i.e...a drink costing $13 would be billed $1 on your account. So, we opted for the premium package (the upgrade was like $150 apiece for the 2 week cruise) we will find out how good it is as we depart on 12/13. Cheers!

Donna November 26th, 2013 08:18 PM

R. & J.
Be sure to report back and let us know how the drink package worked out for you both...Happy cruising...

pwrca December 19th, 2013 03:50 PM

Drink packages

I've read this thread with interest and appreciate the breakdown of the various packages offered.

My question is, are these packages worth what they charge for them? I realize of course it depends on ones consumption but, on average, with average consumption (coffee or 2 a day, a couple of beers, maybe a glass of wine) are these packages really worth it? I do find it awfully expensive.

Donna December 19th, 2013 05:13 PM

Hi Prc,
I think it depends on how much you would use it daily to make it worth the price. For me, no, it would be much less expensive to just purchase what I can consume.

BernieG December 20th, 2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwrca (Post 1491557)
I've read this thread with interest and appreciate the breakdown of the various packages offered.

My question is, are these packages worth what they charge for them? I realize of course it depends on ones consumption but, on average, with average consumption (coffee or 2 a day, a couple of beers, maybe a glass of wine) are these packages really worth it? I do find it awfully expensive.

If that's your average consumption then no, I wouldn't recommend a package.

iluvcruising2 December 26th, 2013 09:20 AM

You need to drink quite a lot to make the package 'worthwhile', so to speak.

Personally, I don't buy a package. I'd rather purchase wine/beer on the go. Anyway, I don't drink enough to warrant the expenditure on a package.

We just sailed on the Silhouette. Let's see if I can find any pictures I took of the wine lists.

iluvcruising2 December 26th, 2013 09:25 AM

wine lists

A couple of photos of the wine lists I took at the Main Dining Room of the Celebrity Silhouette. Sorry, a bit dark.

One page
http://i40.tinypic.com/21jufjm.jpg

Second page
http://i42.tinypic.com/4ljf36.jpg

From what I can see, the wines by glass are at least 8, though I saw one or two that were 7 and 7.5

iluvcruising2 December 26th, 2013 09:29 AM

Here is a page from the Michel's Club. The cheapest beers cost 6. That includes Heineken, Carlsberg and Beck's.
http://i40.tinypic.com/besi1d.jpg

Ron & Joelle Baker February 4th, 2014 12:02 AM

Eclipse premium beverage package info.

14 day cruise on Eclipse ended on 12/28/13. We went for the premium package because we found out that the lesser package includes any beverage up to $8. If the beverage costs 8.50. you are charged for the full $8.50. The premium package covers beverages up to $13. if the beverage is $14 you are only charged the difference $1....all tips included no signing anything, not even at the specialty coffee shop. Also includes bottled waters all day all the time. Cant tell you how nice it was to never have to sign anything. At the end of the cruise you can still add up how many drinks you had (if you really want to) on your bill it simply shows the date, bar location and 0.00. Loved it. The bartenders did not treat us any differently. and when ordering wine, they just kept filling the glass. highly recommend the upgrade. cheers!

Ron & Joelle Baker February 4th, 2014 12:04 AM

14 day cruise on Eclipse ended on 12/28/13. We went for the premium package because we found out that the lesser package includes any beverage up to $8. If the beverage costs 8.50. you are charged for the full $8.50. The premium package covers beverages up to $13. if the beverage is $14 you are only charged the difference $1....all tips included no signing anything, not even at the specialty coffee shop. Also includes bottled waters all day all the time. Cant tell you how nice it was to never have to sign anything. At the end of the cruise you can still add up how many drinks you had (if you really want to) on your bill it simply shows the date, bar location and 0.00. Loved it. The bartenders did not treat us any differently. and when ordering wine, they just kept filling the glass. highly recommend the upgrade. cheers!