CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Connie - Nov. 5, 2014 - TA (that probably won't happen) (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/399808-connie-nov-5-2014-ta-probably-wont-happen.html)

felix_the_cat November 10th, 2013 11:17 AM

Connie - Nov. 5, 2014 - TA (that probably won't happen)

I have clients doing b2b2b on the Connie starting on Oct. 14, 2014. The last leg is the transatlantic. Now I don't believe that part will happen :mad:

The Nov. 5 is "closed for inventory adjustment". Well that means one of 3 things. Charter, dry-dock or just a huge change to itinerary.

Urgggh this is so annoying.

Travlr November 10th, 2013 02:10 PM

A concern for us too!

We are also booked B2B2B, ending on the TA. Charter = UGH. Change to itinerary = probably not a big problem for us. I think dry dock unlikely since the Connie was fully "solsticized" this past April, we sailed on the TA following the dry dock. Hopefully we get some info soon so we can rest easy or make alternate arrangements. Thumbs down to Celebrity for not being up front with this for booked passengers!

felix_the_cat November 10th, 2013 05:49 PM

I agree with you completely. My clients are being very kosher about it. But I'm the one getting ticked ;)

I did suggest they start looking at plan B in the meanwhile but not consider cancelling yet because if Celebrity does cancel, they will offer something.

Travlr November 15th, 2013 05:48 PM

Now a 16 Night Cruise

Just got a call that the cruise is now a 16 night cruise, not 15 nights. The Nov 20 cruise is cancelled, to be a 3 night charter. Sorry for those folks, happy for us.

Donna November 15th, 2013 07:12 PM

Well, if anything good about this, your clients still have plenty of time to adjust arrangements, but still....urgh....

felix_the_cat November 17th, 2013 01:22 PM

I did forget to come back with the good news. This cruise is back on with one additional day. From 15 to 16 with an extra day in the Canaries. My clients are happy about it.

Donna November 17th, 2013 07:27 PM

Nice Felix,
That is good news, lets hope it stays like this.

felix_the_cat November 17th, 2013 07:39 PM

I understand this happened because there was suppose to be a 4 day cruise on the return to fll but that is now a 3 day contracted cruise.

Paul Motter November 20th, 2013 09:32 AM

Are you saying it was a chartered cruise, aand was four days but they changed it to three.

That is a bad deal when cruise ships get chartered out and people who were booked on those cruises get bumped.

felix_the_cat November 20th, 2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1489646)
Are you saying it was a chartered cruise, aand was four days but they changed it to three.

That is a bad deal when cruise ships get chartered out and people who were booked on those cruises get bumped.

yes, the cruise after was originally a 4 day cruise. Because of the charter, it is now a 3 day cruise and they put the single day onto the TA. I have no idea who has booked the charter but it must be a good client to make a change like this.

They cancel cruises a lot if they can get a full charter. Celebrity seems to be doing it a lot more than other cruiselines.