Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Default Elite Status?

I am wondering what this means when I cruise RCI as far as benefits. We will have that status after our Thanksgiving cruise next year and we are looking into booking a Hawaii repositioning cruise on RCI in May 2015.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Silhouette November 23, 2014
Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Here is a link that describes Celebrity's Elite benefits.

Welcome to Captain's Club | Celebrity Cruises

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 13th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Admiral

If you have elite status with Celebrity you will be given Diamond status with RCL. If you haven't sailed with RCL yet, call the Crown and Anchor desk and join so your numbers can be cross-matched.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old November 13th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
I am wondering what this means when I cruise RCI as far as benefits. We will have that status after our Thanksgiving cruise next year and we are looking into booking a Hawaii repositioning cruise on RCI in May 2015.
You will be given the equivalent status on RCI which is Diamond once you make Elite. They do not combine credits but as I said you just transfer your status. You will need to get a Crown and Anchor number from RCI which can be done by calling them and giving them your CC number. Make sure your Crown and Anchor number is associated with any RCI cruises.

Also, be advised that it is expected towards the end of this month that Celebrity will be changing quite a few things on their Captains Club. It is expected they will go to a different counting system, perhaps to counting days on the cruises and it is expected there will be a new level. Time will only tell but I wanted you to be aware of that because what I said in the first paragraph could change.

don
Old November 20th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Yes, I am much lower on RCI. I am not even sure how much credit we have but 4 cruises, 2 were short cruises that we took a long time ago, we did a 7 day about 10 years ago, and did not like voyager class, so we have not even tried freedom class or larger. We did do a 5 day radiance class and like that class ship very well.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old November 20th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Yes, I am much lower on RCI. I am not even sure how much credit we have but 4 cruises, 2 were short cruises that we took a long time ago, we did a 7 day about 10 years ago, and did not like voyager class, so we have not even tried freedom class or larger. We did do a 5 day radiance class and like that class ship very well.

You won't get any status credit with 4 cruises - that means you are still gold with RCL. You need to be platinum.

However you can sign up for Captains Club prior to cruising.

And some of the info is leaking on the new program. I did get some in one of my TA emails from Celebrity, but until I get all the changes, I don' want to say anything.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old November 23rd, 2013, 04:46 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
You won't get any status credit with 4 cruises - that means you are still gold with RCL. You need to be platinum.

However you can sign up for Captains Club prior to cruising.

And some of the info is leaking on the new program. I did get some in one of my TA emails from Celebrity, but until I get all the changes, I don' want to say anything.
I am select with Celebrity now and will be elite after my next Celebrity cruise as we need 2 points and we have booked concierge. We will not take the RCI cruise until after that which means we should have diamond status because of being elite on Celebrity. I only meant it would be a long time before we would actually have diamond status on RCI. (if we were not elite on Celebrity)

I guess I did not explain it well. I will try again. I still do not know what perks I will get with diamond. I am trying to find out what perks you get as diamond since I will automatically be diamond because of being elite on Celebrity.

This Celebrity cruise is Thanksgiving a year from now and the RCI Hawaii repositioning cruise we are considering is not until May 2015. That is why I want to know what diamond means as far as perks.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old November 23rd, 2013, 05:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I am select with Celebrity now and will be elite after my next Celebrity cruise as we need 2 points and we have booked concierge. We will not take the RCI cruise until after that which means we should have diamond status because of being elite on Celebrity. I only meant it would be a long time before we would actually have diamond status on RCI. (if we were not elite on Celebrity)

I guess I did not explain it well. I will try again. I still do not know what perks I will get with diamond. I am trying to find out what perks you get as diamond since I will automatically be diamond because of being elite on Celebrity.

This Celebrity cruise is Thanksgiving a year from now and the RCI Hawaii repositioning cruise we are considering is not until May 2015. That is why I want to know what diamond means as far as perks.

Gotcha now - I had it backwards. Getting D on RCL because of Elite on Celebrity will give you access to the D lounge which is on nearly all ships now. A free photo, hmm can't remember the rest.

Of course, with the changes being made with the Celebrity program this weekend, we are all wondering if things will remain the same.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old November 23rd, 2013, 08:36 PM
Admiral

Quote:

I think the one of the better perks of Diamond on Royal is the veranda upgrade. I'm hoping Celebrity does that on their new levels.

If you are close to Elite on Celebrity you will probably be given 30 points for being close. My son was give it and he will be Elite on his next cruise.

Don
Old November 24th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Admiral

It looks like that cruise was chartered-so moot point now. It was Rhapsody of the Seas in May 2015. Oh well.

I would have preferred Celebrity Solstice anyway, but the problem with it is no Kaui? I do not think I have it spelled right, that hubby wanted to see. I guess I need to google and see how much it costs from Honolulu.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old November 24th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Or just do NCL, and consider it ferry service and not a cruise.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old November 25th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Admiral

with the new scale Celebrity has I will be 15 points shy after next cruise. the operator at Celebrity told me I should do a 7 day cruise in concierge instead. That would not help, I would still be 5 points shy

I am now 260-I was 8. Old scale elite was at 10-now it is 300. I found a repositioning cruise on Pacific Princess in September 2014 that has Kauai. The problem is -the other cruise was May 2015 and so we had 7 and half more months to save for it.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old November 25th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Admiral

I've been looking at the new system. Now, this is my opinion based on what I see being posted more than anything.

If you have been sailing as Elite (crossover) and were with one actual cruise of being Elite on your own, you were given a bonus to be sure you actually reach Elite on your next cruise.

If you were one short of Elite because you only have only sailed with Celebrity and have never actually had Elite benefits, you were not given any bonus points.

There have been no bonus points awarded to those who were almost select as they weren't receiving any benefits prior to the conversion.

As the crossover is only to the Elite/D levels, the Elite + must earn their points on their own by sailing Celebrity. Therefore, a lot of people who thought they were going to receive E+ benefits based on being D+ are not. And some are complaining bitterly about it.

I have no problem with the new program. I do not sail for points. I will accept any perks that are offered but are not offended if I haven't earned them.

And then there are those who think they should have it all

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old December 1st, 2013, 05:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I've been looking at the new system. Now, this is my opinion based on what I see being posted more than anything.

If you have been sailing as Elite (crossover) and were with one actual cruise of being Elite on your own, you were given a bonus to be sure you actually reach Elite on your next cruise.

If you were one short of Elite because you only have only sailed with Celebrity and have never actually had Elite benefits, you were not given any bonus points.

There have been no bonus points awarded to those who were almost select as they weren't receiving any benefits prior to the conversion.

As the crossover is only to the Elite/D levels, the Elite + must earn their points on their own by sailing Celebrity. Therefore, a lot of people who thought they were going to receive E+ benefits based on being D+ are not. And some are complaining bitterly about it.

I have no problem with the new program. I do not sail for points. I will accept any perks that are offered but are not offended if I haven't earned them.

And then there are those who think they should have it all
Felix, I agree, I look for value and itinerary over line. Depending on what the cruise is for, as to which I look for. We have done the Caribbean so much, we have been too almost all of the ports, so then it is value. Normally those cruises we do with our teacher daughter, who can only go certain times, when the cruises cost more, since many people pick those for the same reason we do, school is not in session.

When hubby and I go somewhere different, to see new things and not just to take a cruise with our daughter, we go by itinerary. Our last cruise we chose Princess, because it was a California coastal sailing form SF and I have always wanted to see the wine country and redwoods near SF. I also was excited about the ports we did in CA and it was one of the best trips we have done in 31 years of marriage. I enjoyed it even more than our Med cruise a couple years back.

It just irks me because I would have had this after this next cruise. One more reason to put value and itinerary ahead of line, as far as I am concerned.

I considered canceling this cruise since I was so miffed about this-but I would be "cutting off my nose to spite my face". (an old southern US saying) We like that the Connie's (Celebrity M class) concierge rooms are larger, and so better for 3 people. We are paying about the same price per day as we paid for a dinky balcony room we had on NCL Sky a few summers back. I sure as heck would rather be on the Connie than the Sky.

We like the idea of a nice large, comfortable room, but do not give a flip about flowers, fruit and afternoon snacks though, lol!

There are several other cruises we would like to do besides a Hawaii re-positioning. We really want to go to Quebec and Charlottetown. Princess has one that is really pricey, but so does HAL and so we may just do HAL . Since it is an old ship, we would not mind the inside rooms or ocean view, since they are roomy. On HAL, balconies do not appeal to us, with all the smokers, so we may as well go on an older ship.

Of course we can't do them all the same year. We will take our time and decide which we want to do next. I doubt we will book anything for 2015 before summer.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old December 26th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Familiar Face

Default Diamond on RCI

We are Crown & Anchor Diamond.

The balcony discount is very nice. The dedicated Diamond Lounge (on most revitalized ships) is also very nice.

Here are some pictures from the Diamond Lounge, Legend of the Seas.

As newly minted Diamond C&A members, we were looking forward to using the Diamond Club Lounge. We thoroughly enjoyed this experience and I think we will not cruise on a Royal ship again if there isnít a Diamond Club onboard!

Here was the entrance, on Deck 9.

This was during breakfast hours, Day 2 of the cruise.

Breakfast drinks and the coffee machine. Oh, what a wonderful machine. It was available round-the-clock. They also had cups to-go.

Continental breakfast offerings. Same every day.

This is the Diamond Concierge desk. His name was Andrew Finegold, an American.

The lounge is on the hump. Good views.

The Diamond Club lounge from the corner. Capacity was about 40. I did ask Andrew what would happen if there were many Diamonds on the Legend. Ours had 37 and clearly not all used the lounge, at least not at the same time. So the lounge didnít feel crowded at all. Andrew wasnít sure, but I think they will face this challenge when the Legend sails to Europe and USA.

See my blog post for more pictures:
Guitar 123 Singapore Food and Travel Blog! ????????!: Diamond Club Lounge - Royal Caribbean Legend of the Seas
Old December 27th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Felix, I agree, I look for value and itinerary over line. Depending on what the cruise is for, as to which I look for. We have done the Caribbean so much, we have been too almost all of the ports, so then it is value. Normally those cruises we do with our teacher daughter, who can only go certain times, when the cruises cost more, since many people pick those for the same reason we do, school is not in session.

When hubby and I go somewhere different, to see new things and not just to take a cruise with our daughter, we go by itinerary. Our last cruise we chose Princess, because it was a California coastal sailing form SF and I have always wanted to see the wine country and redwoods near SF. I also was excited about the ports we did in CA and it was one of the best trips we have done in 31 years of marriage. I enjoyed it even more than our Med cruise a couple years back.

It just irks me because I would have had this after this next cruise. One more reason to put value and itinerary ahead of line, as far as I am concerned.

I considered canceling this cruise since I was so miffed about this-but I would be "cutting off my nose to spite my face". (an old southern US saying) We like that the Connie's (Celebrity M class) concierge rooms are larger, and so better for 3 people. We are paying about the same price per day as we paid for a dinky balcony room we had on NCL Sky a few summers back. I sure as heck would rather be on the Connie than the Sky.

We like the idea of a nice large, comfortable room, but do not give a flip about flowers, fruit and afternoon snacks though, lol!

There are several other cruises we would like to do besides a Hawaii re-positioning. We really want to go to Quebec and Charlottetown. Princess has one that is really pricey, but so does HAL and so we may just do HAL . Since it is an old ship, we would not mind the inside rooms or ocean view, since they are roomy. On HAL, balconies do not appeal to us, with all the smokers, so we may as well go on an older ship.

Of course we can't do them all the same year. We will take our time and decide which we want to do next. I doubt we will book anything for 2015 before summer.
Mom:

If I might make a suggestion give Celebrity a call and ask why you didn't get the bonus points. They were giving 30 points to those who were near Elite Status, my son is Select and got them. Can't hurt calling the Captains Club.
Old December 28th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
Mom:

If I might make a suggestion give Celebrity a call and ask why you didn't get the bonus points. They were giving 30 points to those who were near Elite Status, my son is Select and got them. Can't hurt calling the Captains Club.

The bonus points seem to have been given to those who were technically the next level due to their position with RCL.

Those that are complaining that they weren't were working their way up on Celebrity only.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old December 29th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Quote:
The bonus points seem to have been given to those who were technically the next level due to their position with RCL.

Those that are complaining that they weren't were working their way up on Celebrity only.
Not true, my son has never been on RCL, has 210 points with Celebrity and was given 30 points because he was so close.
Old December 29th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Not true, my son has never been on RCL, has 210 points with Celebrity and was given 30 points because he was so close.

I'm truly surprised at that, but hey whatever works.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old December 29th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I'm truly surprised at that, but hey whatever works.
I hate to bring it up but on other locations many, many people reporting the same thing as I did. Don't think there was public explanation as to the criteria.
Old December 30th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Mom:

I have 260 WITH the 30 bonus points. Since the Connie is a 5 day I get 25 points. The rep said switch to a 7 day day-I would still be 5 points shy-besides the fact that the Silhouette itinerary I would like to do is not scheduled for Thanksgiving week next year (Basseterre port)-if I am doing repeat ports I may as well stick with the Connie, since she is half the cost and only 2 days less plus solstice class ship concierge balcony rooms are no bigger-so not any roomier for 3 people.

The Connie concierge balcony is costing us $650 each for hubby and I. Our daughter is $400. that is why I would be cutting off my nose to spite my face by canceling. It is okay.

I did see that the Connie is doing a great itinerary after our cruise. St. Croix is one of the ports. We may end up booking that later on, but changing to a cheaper stateroom as that cruise is pricey. We would find our daughter a cheap flight home as she would have to go back to work Monday. It would just be hubby and I for the 9 day cruise.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old December 30th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Admiral

let me see if I can explain this better Djretired. I have 33 days with Celebrity, but because 2 of those cruises were 12 days, and one of the 12 days cruises was in a suite, plus a 4 day in concierge we had 8 points select by the old system.

So when we booked this cruise by the old system we were 2 points shy of elite and since we booked a concierge 5 day we would have had it. but this new system- we have -

Feb. 2006-Celebrity Zenith 5 day oceanview-10 points
Sept 2007 Constellation 12 day balcony- 36-
June 2012 Solstice 12 day sky suite- 60-
Jan. 2013 Connstellation 4 day 12

total 128 points

-so you see they actually gave us MORE than 30 points

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old December 30th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I hate to bring it up but on other locations many, many people reporting the same thing as I did. Don't think there was public explanation as to the criteria.

I've read all the whining on the other site. There was no explanation from Celebrity because they didn't owe one. However, as I said in a previous post, it was my assumption based on what I've read as to how I think the decision was made. Certainly I don't know for a fact anymore than anyone else.

I do find though, that most who are whining were the same ones whining about there being too many elites and they wanted the game changed.. Well, the game was changed and they aren't happy with that either.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old December 30th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
let me see if I can explain this better Djretired. I have 33 days with Celebrity, but because 2 of those cruises were 12 days, and one of the 12 days cruises was in a suite, plus a 4 day in concierge we had 8 points select by the old system.

So when we booked this cruise by the old system we were 2 points shy of elite and since we booked a concierge 5 day we would have had it. but this new system- we have -

Feb. 2006-Celebrity Zenith 5 day oceanview-10 points
Sept 2007 Constellation 12 day balcony- 36-
June 2012 Solstice 12 day sky suite- 60-
Jan. 2013 Connstellation 4 day 12

total 128 points

-so you see they actually gave us MORE than 30 points

mom - that is not how they arrived at it. The took the 8 points you had multiplied it by 30 and added the 30 points. Therefore you should have 240 points plus 30 = 270 points.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old December 30th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
mom - that is not how they arrived at it. The took the 8 points you had multiplied it by 30 and added the 30 points. Therefore you should have 240 points plus 30 = 270 points.
Mom:

Felix is right, prior to I believe Nov. 23rd, Celebrity did not count cruise days only points for each cruise. 1 point for cruise, 1 for premium cabins and l for longer cruise.

I just wanted to make sure you were aware that the 30 extra points were being given because you were close and apparently you did get them.
Old December 31st, 2013, 02:19 PM
Admiral

I did get extra points-but I have 260 not 270. The Celebrity rep told me that. it is okay, I have come to terms with it. as I said to Felix, I am back to looking at itinerary first, value second and cruise line third as I used to do until I got so close to "elite" with Celebrity.

I am not saying I will not cruise Celebrity again, because I will. I am just saying if I find a great itinerary and Celebrity has competition for that itinerary and they have the better price, I am more likely to go with the competition than I would have if I had achieved elite status.

I liked the idea of half price laundry and cappuccinos more than a lounge room. I do not drink alcohol so that was not an enticement and as far as the great views the one diamond poster was so enthralled with; we pick a stateroom with great views already and I do not mind getting that same exact food in the buffet area.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old December 31st, 2013, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I did get extra points-but I have 260 not 270. The Celebrity rep told me that. it is okay, I have come to terms with it. as I said to Felix, I am back to looking at itinerary first, value second and cruise line third as I used to do until I got so close to "elite" with Celebrity.

I am not saying I will not cruise Celebrity again, because I will. I am just saying if I find a great itinerary and Celebrity has competition for that itinerary and they have the better price, I am more likely to go with the competition than I would have if I had achieved elite status.

I liked the idea of half price laundry and cappuccinos more than a lounge room. I do not drink alcohol so that was not an enticement and as far as the great views the one diamond poster was so enthralled with; we pick a stateroom with great views already and I do not mind getting that same exact food in the buffet area.
260 points doesn't make any sense, unless you have been on a cruise since Nov. 23, your account has to be divisible by 30 which 260 is not. . Did you go on your MyCelebrity and look at your cruise history. I'm betting you have 270. Celebrity reps have been know to make plenty of mistakes.
Old January 6th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Admiral

DJ it came from Celebrity AKA the "horse's mouth." If they shorted me that REALLY pisses me. I may just have to cut off my nose to spite my face. I found a cruise on Brilliance of the seas leaving from Tampa, same ports, it just leaves on the sat. before Thanksgiving instead of Monday and it is a similar price. I can get the best category balcony for the same price.

I like the radiance class ships really well. Perhaps we should go with that. I do have time to consider which I want.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old January 6th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
DJ it came from Celebrity AKA the "horse's mouth." If they shorted me that REALLY pisses me. I may just have to cut off my nose to spite my face. I found a cruise on Brilliance of the seas leaving from Tampa, same ports, it just leaves on the sat. before Thanksgiving instead of Monday and it is a similar price. I can get the best category balcony for the same price.

I like the radiance class ships really well. Perhaps we should go with that. I do have time to consider which I want.
As I stated, their customer service is well known for making mistakes. Did you check your My Celebrity account on the computer, it has your entire cruising history on it with an explanation of how the points were determined. As I said earlier it makes no sense that you would have 260 points as it has to be divisible by 30.
Old January 7th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Admiral

Yes DJ I did.

I have now achieved-
139 days total