Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2013, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Default Changes to Loyalty plan slowly being leaked :)

Over the last couple of days the new loyalty plan has started to leak. I have received some info, but not enough and what we do know we aren't allowed to say until Nov. 29.

However, there are 2 new levels, Elite + and Zenith.

It is being changed to a point system, how those points are going to accumulate - who knows.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2013, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Here's how the points will work, take your current points and multiply by 30. Couple of the benefits will be Elite Plus, 200minute internet package and Zenith free drink packages.

Preview - 0

Classic - 2 to 149

Select - 150 to 299

Elite - 300 to 749

Elite Plus - 750 to 2999

Zenith - 3000 or more
Old November 21st, 2013, 02:28 PM
First Mate

Any idea of when this is supposed to go into effect?
Old November 21st, 2013, 06:27 PM
Admiral

Believe it is going to be Jan. 1.
Old November 21st, 2013, 09:52 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
Here's how the points will work, take your current points and multiply by 30. Couple of the benefits will be Elite Plus, 200minute internet package and Zenith free drink packages.

Preview - 0

Classic - 2 to 149

Select - 150 to 299

Elite - 300 to 749

Elite Plus - 750 to 2999

Zenith - 3000 or more

Where did you get the x30? That information has not been released yet but it is being speculated on a lot. That's going to hit anyone with 9 credits who will now need 2 cruises so it is a step back.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old November 22nd, 2013, 06:06 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
Where did you get the x30? That information has not been released yet but it is being speculated on a lot. That's going to hit anyone with 9 credits who will now need 2 cruises so it is a step back.
It was posted for awhile early yesterday morning on the Captains Club
and then pulled down.

I don't understand you point of needing two cruises but they are supposed to have something where they are adding 50 point, not sure how that will work.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
It was posted for awhile early yesterday morning on the Captains Club
and then pulled down.

I don't understand you point of needing two cruises but they are supposed to have something where they are adding 50 point, not sure how that will work.

If they add 50 it will be fine, but 9 x 30 = is 270. 300 is the new point level for elite which is why I said that. However we also don't know how many points per night and all the other nuances to get anywhere.

I assume they will still do reciprocal with RCCL but wonder if D+ will be Elite + etc. I expect I'll get an email from my BDM or Celebrity within a couple of days explaining the new system.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old November 22nd, 2013, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Quote:
If they add 50 it will be fine, but 9 x 30 = is 270. 300 is the new point level for elite which is why I said that. However we also don't know how many points per night and all the other nuances to get anywhere.

I assume they will still do reciprocal with RCCL but wonder if D+ will be Elite + etc. I expect I'll get an email from my BDM or Celebrity within a couple of days explaining the new system.
A lot has to be explained and digested. As I stated, what I posted was placed on the Celebrity web site early in the morning and then pulled later. Lots of conjecture on other boards and questions that at this point cannot be answered.

It appears they will still being giving bonus's for suite, concierge and Aqua but who knows how they will handle longer cruises. Another point brought up which is interesting is that apparently Royal just started doing double points if you book as a single, the theory being you are paying twice the amount. Don't know if Celebrity will follow this.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 11:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:

But if it's 30 points per current cruise point wouldn't someone with 9 cruises (270 points) get to elite with their next cruise just as they would now?
Old November 22nd, 2013, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieG View Post
But if it's 30 points per current cruise point wouldn't someone with 9 cruises (270 points) get to elite with their next cruise just as they would now?

And sometimes I can't count. Thank you, yes 270 and 30 is 300. Duh (for me that is.)

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old November 23rd, 2013, 06:46 AM
Admiral

Quote:
And sometimes I can't count. Thank you, yes 270 and 30 is 300. Duh (for me that is.)

Check your My Celebrity account, the new points should be converted, look under sailing history, I do not see anything about the 50 points so that may have been wrong. It is 1 point equals 30 points.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Just did that. I actually have more points than I thought I would. It also looks like they are only doing reciprocal to Elite level. Doesn't look like D+ will be Elite+.

Of course I realize that could change too.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old November 23rd, 2013, 09:43 AM
Admiral

In reviewing, I'm wondering if they will have reciprocal with RCL. Just the way it's worded on mine. I've sailed more with RCL than Celebrity by far. D+ with them but only had 9 points with Celebrity. I was receiving Elite because of D+. However it says, since you were so close we have moved you up to Elite.

My 9 x 30 = 270 plus bonus of 16 = 286.

Sounds like they are going to grandfather in some but not others?

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old November 23rd, 2013, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Quote:
In reviewing, I'm wondering if they will have reciprocal with RCL. Just the way it's worded on mine. I've sailed more with RCL than Celebrity by far. D+ with them but only had 9 points with Celebrity. I was receiving Elite because of D+. However it says, since you were so close we have moved you up to Elite.

I think we need to stand by and wait for everything to come out. There are lots of rumors.
Old November 24th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Here's some further info on how you will earn cruise point in the future. It goes by cabin categories. All of these points are per day. The 30 point changeover is just to calculate what you had in the past.

IN/OV 2 pts. Per night
Veranda 3 pts. Per night
CC/AQ 5 pts. Per night
Sky/AQ/Century Suite 8 pts. Per night
Celebrity, Signature, Royal suite 12 pts. Per night
Reflection/Penthouse 18 pts. Per night

Press release should come out tomorrow and the program goes into effect tomorrow.

Don
Old November 24th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:

Gee: We have the exact same point total and I am still Select. They like you more than me.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 24th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Gee: We have the exact same point total and I am still Select. They like you more than me.

haha Sorry Mike, I am surprised though that they aren't moving you up to Elite, however are you D or D+ with RCL? This move seems to depend on where you are with Royal.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub