Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Default Press Release New Captains Club

Here is the press release for the new Captains Club.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. : Investor Relations : Press Releases=

Just a note, there is a link within the Press release for further details. Don't bother at this point, it takes you to the current program.

Last edited by dkjretired; November 25th, 2013 at 12:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Although it isn't mentioned in the press release, it does appear that Crown & Anchor members have retained their previous Captain's Club level. I only have 150 points with Celebrity but am still an Elite member. It has to be because I am Diamond Plus with RCI.

But, it also would appear that C&A members will not be given the two new tiers unless they earn them with Celebrity.

Here is a good link showing the new program.
Old November 25th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Beers View Post
Although it isn't mentioned in the press release, it does appear that Crown & Anchor members have retained their previous Captain's Club level. I only have 150 points with Celebrity but am still an Elite member. It has to be because I am Diamond Plus with RCI.

But, it also would appear that C&A members will not be given the two new tiers unless they earn them with Celebrity.

Here is a good link showing the new program.
You are correct, they will keep their status but will not be eligible for the new levels.
Old November 25th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Admiral

I've been looking at the new system. Now, this is my opinion based on what I see being posted more than anything.

If you have been sailing as Elite (crossover) and were with one actual cruise of being Elite on your own, you were given a bonus to be sure you actually reach Elite on your next cruise.

If you were one short of Elite because you only have only sailed with Celebrity and have never actually had Elite benefits, you were not given any bonus points.

There have been no bonus points awarded to those who were almost select as they weren't receiving any benefits prior to the conversion.

As the crossover is only to the Elite/D levels, the Elite + must earn their points on their own by sailing Celebrity. Therefore, a lot of people who thought they were going to receive E+ benefits based on being D+ are not. And some are complaining bitterly about it.

I have no problem with the new program. I do not sail for points. I will accept any perks that are offered but are not offended if I haven't earned them.

And then there are those who think they should have it all

Just completed - Celebrity Reflection, Nov. 22 (learning to sail solo) followed by Independence of the Seas Nov. 30.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.