CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Luggage tags (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/400192-luggage-tags.html)

Real Batman December 11th, 2013 01:59 PM

Luggage tags

Our ship sails in 45 days, and all our paperwork is completed, issued and printed! I have applied several times for Luggage tags, and receive the following message:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to process your bag tag request at this time. Please try again later."

Any previous experience/advice concerning this?

Thanks.

Paul Motter December 13th, 2013 12:53 PM

No, I never have experienced it, but I would not worry about it. They will have tags at the pier. All you need to know is your cabin number.

Sometimes I don't even print them out.

Real Batman December 13th, 2013 04:30 PM

Thanks Paul. I thought I would take advantage of the 'perk' they offer, but it appears that they don't really offer it! We have always printed our own tags in the past and it's not a big deal… I was just curious if we were the only ones experiencing this.

kmm44 December 14th, 2013 11:04 PM

I've always been able to order tags when I did the on-line check-in. Fellow pax on my roll call on another website have had problems, too, and have been able to order them over the phone. I haven't done the check-in yet, but will do it soon. Evidently, Celebrity has updated their website and it has been screwed up for some time.

Paul Motter December 15th, 2013 01:35 PM

I personally think the "print them yourself" tags are pretty cheesy. I am happy to see the Stevedores are smart enough to bring staplers to work for the people who have not put them on yet, though.

richsea December 17th, 2013 04:19 PM

The error message you are getting is a result of the Mickey Mouse Celebrity website. Call customer service, tell them you are having problems ordering the tags, & give them your booking number. They will send them to you within a week. But as Paul says, you can always get them at the pier. To me, receiving luggage tags is like it used to be when you received your cruise docs in the mail! You could do the document dance!

storybookcruises.com December 18th, 2013 01:45 AM

As Paul said, we just wait till we get to the pier, get a couple of tags from the luggage handlers, write our cabin number on them, and it all takes about a minute - no muss, no fuss and they're better than the 'print your own'.

But you gotta love the cruise lines doing away with the old way of providing nice luggage tags to their clients as a way to save money.

Pete

dkjretired December 27th, 2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richsea (Post 1491429)
The error message you are getting is a result of the Mickey Mouse Celebrity website. Call customer service, tell them you are having problems ordering the tags, & give them your booking number. They will send them to you within a week. But as Paul says, you can always get them at the pier. To me, receiving luggage tags is like it used to be when you received your cruise docs in the mail! You could do the document dance!

Agree with Rich, I called Celebrity and had them in five days.