CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Celebrity Constellation (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/400965-celebrity-constellation.html)

Mike L February 10th, 2014 03:01 PM

Celebrity Constellation

Anybody know if the problems on Constellation have been fixed? No power when they arrived in Key West yesterday and later in the day no air conditioning.

She also had power issues back in December.

Paul Motter February 11th, 2014 02:18 PM

I see it was refurbished in 2013...

Celebrity Constellation
gross - tons: 91000
download 2034
refurbished: 2013 April -

Added: 66 new cabins (17 oceanview, 12 Interior, 37 AquaClass), new balconies for suites, basketball court upgrade, Apple PCs, retail store, WiFi, carpeting, new loungers.

I don't see anything about the engines or power plant. That's too bad, admittedly we have been getting some sadder reports about the Millie class of Celebrity ships.

Mike L February 13th, 2014 01:58 PM

My daughter and son in law were on board and we are booked for the Baltic in August. A little nervous...

Paul Motter February 13th, 2014 02:11 PM

Keep checking back to see if anyone reports trouble. That's the best you can do.

If you got a great price then I wouldn't worry too much, but if this is a "trip of a lifetime" it is probably not to late to change ships (cancel and rebook) without penalty.

What is you have fears about - that you won't make all the ports?

mycruiseandvacations February 13th, 2014 08:16 PM

According to news reports the Celebrity Constellation lost power on Sunday morning (February 9, 2014) after docking in Key West, Florida. Power went out at approximately 7:15 a.m. and came back on 90 minutes later at 8:45 a.m. This comes less than 2 months after the same ship had engine problems which caused the ship to stay overnight in Key West. According to the report things are back to "normal". The report states that "During the power outage, the toilets did not work, there was no running water, and the elevators were out".

The Celebrity Constellation is currently on a 5 night cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. The cruise ship left Port Everglades on Saturday and has stops in Key West, Florida and Cozumel, Mexico.

Celebrity Cruises issued the following statement: “Today, while Celebrity Constellation was alongside in Key West, Florida, the ship experienced a technical issue that caused it to lose partial power for 50 minutes. During this time, the back-up system came online in order to support all of the ship's critical systems. Engineers onboard are resolved the issue and restored full power to the ship. We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may cause our guests.”

The crew according to report from onboard passengers state that the response by crew and captain was amazing - Breakfast with HOT coffee served ON TIME and bottle water available on board. Celebrity constantly goes above and beyond for their customers.

dkjretired February 14th, 2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycruiseandvacations (Post 1494970)
According to news reports the Celebrity Constellation lost power on Sunday morning (February 9, 2014) after docking in Key West, Florida. Power went out at approximately 7:15 a.m. and came back on 90 minutes later at 8:45 a.m. This comes less than 2 months after the same ship had engine problems which caused the ship to stay overnight in Key West. According to the report things are back to "normal". The report states that "During the power outage, the toilets did not work, there was no running water, and the elevators were out".

The Celebrity Constellation is currently on a 5 night cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. The cruise ship left Port Everglades on Saturday and has stops in Key West, Florida and Cozumel, Mexico.

Celebrity Cruises issued the following statement: “Today, while Celebrity Constellation was alongside in Key West, Florida, the ship experienced a technical issue that caused it to lose partial power for 50 minutes. During this time, the back-up system came online in order to support all of the ship's critical systems. Engineers onboard are resolved the issue and restored full power to the ship. We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may cause our guests.”

The crew according to report from onboard passengers state that the response by crew and captain was amazing - Breakfast with HOT coffee served ON TIME and bottle water available on board. Celebrity constantly goes above and beyond for their customers.

Don't know the veracity of the below report but according to them, the crew was selling the water. I would find that a little odd under the circumstances.

Celebrity Cruise Ship Loses Power in Key West, Florida

Mike L February 14th, 2014 03:11 PM

We paid what we think is top dollar for the cruise, $3,600 per person. Much more than previous 12 day cruises on Holland America and Cunard. Would be a shame to miss a port due to an aging ship that has experienced recent problems.

AF1 March 8th, 2014 11:36 AM

hopefully the cruise line will get it working and not have to experience any more engine problems. When it goes across the atlantic that should be a good test run to see if the engines will perform well. Good luck and keep reading posts to see if there are anymore problems. cheers

felix_the_cat March 9th, 2014 05:38 PM

I'm going to be on the Connie Mach 17 for the 5 day. I really don't care about getting off the ship so ports won't matter for me but they will for everyone else. (The reason I'm taking the Connie first, it was cheaper than staying at a hotel.)

I'm going on the Reflection next on March 22 so I sure don't want it to be late arriving back in Miami.

This is for a rest for me since losing my husband. I just want to get away for awhile.

AF1 March 9th, 2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix_the_cat (Post 1496285)
I'm going to be on the Connie Mach 17 for the 5 day. I really don't care about getting off the ship so ports won't matter for me but they will for everyone else. (The reason I'm taking the Connie first, it was cheaper than staying at a hotel.)

I'm going on the Reflection next on March 22 so I sure don't want it to be late arriving back in Miami.

This is for a rest for me since losing my husband. I just want to get away for awhile.

Bless You and may peace be with you. Rest well.

felix_the_cat March 9th, 2014 10:47 PM

Thank you AF1.

momofmeg April 19th, 2014 04:57 PM

I am curious too. We were to be on her Thanksgiving week but we switched to the Silhouette.

felix_the_cat April 19th, 2014 05:45 PM

We had no problems at all on the Connie. She was in excellent shape with a great staff.

momofmeg April 22nd, 2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix_the_cat (Post 1498983)
We had no problems at all on the Connie. She was in excellent shape with a great staff.

Glad to know as I do hope to cruise her again. I actually like the size of the Connie better than solstice class.