Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Excursions in Rome

Hi everyone, just booked a cruise on the Silhouette for June with my husband and 2 daughters, we have only done 1 Caribbean cruise before, so this will be different for us. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for booking tours in Rome, is it better to book with the ship or are there other options that would be a little cheaper. Our girls are 19 and 22 so its basically 4 adults. Thanks any advice would be wonderful!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

The best option is a private guide in a car - but it is a matter of cost. That way you get to see everything YOU want to see without waiting for other people. The guide will take you where you want to go and help you get in.

Go to our Destination area and go to "Europe" and you will see many recommendations for Rome tours.

When you have 4 adults, a ship's tour could easily come to $1000 total anyway, which is more or about the same as what a private guide might cost.
Old March 15th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks Paul, I will check that out, for sure. We assumed that our day in Rome will cost about 1000.00