Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default New CEO?

How do you think the new CEO is doing? Has Celebrity gotten better or worse in the last year?

They have raised prices and are putting more ships in places other than Europe (Australia, etc.) Do you think its a good thing?
Sponsored Links
Old May 14th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
How do you think the new CEO is doing? Has Celebrity gotten better or worse in the last year?

They have raised prices and are putting more ships in places other than Europe (Australia, etc.) Do you think its a good thing?
Some good things, some bad. New Captains Club levels and point system is fairer to those on longer cruises and in higher cabins. Not so fair to those who are in basic cabins.

New suite set ups are excellent but are really all about catching up to other cruise lines who have developed special areas in new builds. Would expect Celebrity to do so in new builds.

Prices on specialty restaurants have gone up, Bistro is now $7.00, I believe Murano is now $50pp.

Eliminated many entertainment choices such as Acapella groups and other lounge acts and replaced them with DJS.

Staff in many areas appears to be cut such as bars, lounges, theater and restaurants.

Prices on drinks have increased causing a lot of anger, I am setting up a seperarate thread for that.

Lots of complaints about Aqua Spa cafe and cuts in food, many things now paid.

Don

Don
Old June 16th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Wow - I just read this (sorry I missed a response to my post).

I thought they stopped the acapella groups a while back, do you happen to know when that happened?

I agree that $50 is a very high price for a specialty restaurant - I would not pay that for any restaurant on a ship except something like a chef's dinner, or the Le Cirque experience on Holland America.
Old June 17th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
Wow - I just read this (sorry I missed a response to my post).

I thought they stopped the acapella groups a while back, do you happen to know when that happened?

I agree that $50 is a very high price for a specialty restaurant - I would not pay that for any restaurant on a ship except something like a chef's dinner, or the Le Cirque experience on Holland America.

I was on Silhouette in Dec. and the acapella group left when we went onboard.
Old June 17th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Thanks for the update. I didn;t realize they had kept them onboard for so long.

Nice job, walk around a cruise ship singing all day.

Just FYI: I happened to notice the latest results for Regent hair (Hanrahan's new job) were a little on the disappointing side. Bad economy.
Old June 17th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Admiral

The Glassdoor comments on Regis Hair Salons are not very good, with only 47% of the employees approving of Hanrahan, and the company getting 2.6 out of 5 stars in employee ratings. It looks as though the company culture and values are the worst rated area with pay not far behind. It's a hard business to turn around because they likely have high turnover and pay rates that are not especially high.