Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2001, 05:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Anyone have an airline they like?

My last few encounters with airline tavel have been anything but wonderful. The last year I've flown Air Atalia, Air Canada, American, United, and Canadian. The entire year I didn't have a uneventful travel day. Seems the only flights that ever left on time were the ones I was supposed to be connecting to.
Anyone have a favorite airline that occassionally flies on time?

Regards,
Kuki
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2001, 07:58 PM
Ceddie

Default Re: Anyone have an airline they like?

Varig Airlines was the best flight I ever had to Manaus Brazil really had a great flight. But the worst was the return trip using LAB (Loyd Air Bolivia) worst flight ever.
this was a few years ago so I'm sure things have changed.
Ceddie
Old January 17th, 2001, 08:53 PM
Richard Shipman

Kuki, Where are you traveling from and going to? If you are traveling in the US, particularly East Coast to Florida, I've had good luck with US Airways. They have lots of flights and different options for reroute if weather or mechanical problems crop up. It's still not a bad idea to go a day early, particularly if you're traveling a long distance.
Old January 18th, 2001, 06:48 PM
Beckie

Our favorites are American and, unfortunately now, TWA...which I guess means it's just American since they're merging. The aircrafts are comfortable, staff is knowledgeable, professional and courteous, and the food is usually good. My flights have generally been on time.

The one airline I absolutely, positively will NOT fly is USAir. (US Scare?) Without going into a lot of detail, I've never had a good experience with them. (Out of curiosity, are they EVER on time? Any airline can be delayed, but EVERY flight?) My complaints with them go well beyond delayed flights. Yes, I've written to them. Several times. IF I get a response, it's basically "too bad." So they've lost our business. I'll walk first.
Old January 18th, 2001, 09:02 PM
Ragene

If you are traveling on the East coast of the US I really like USAirways the best. I have traveled with them for over 10 years now and have always had great service. For two years of that 10 I was flying every other weekend with my two children and I never encountered any major problems.
Old January 19th, 2001, 09:04 PM
Admiral

My choice of favorite airlines depends on where I am on the plane. Up front, transatlantic, I don't think you can beat Virgin Atlantic's "Upper Class"... a deluxe business class product coming really close to first. British Air's first class is remarkable. Your own private little area with a full bed too boot.

In the back, they are all pretty much the same... but I always prefer a European airline to a U.S. one... service and food is generally better.

Ernie
Old January 19th, 2001, 09:05 PM
Admiral

Ceddie... Varig is always terrific!!!

Ernie
Old January 21st, 2001, 11:18 AM
Tim Rubacky

I happen to love Continental and Virgin Atlantic. I've never hd anything but a great flight with either airline!

Tim Rubacky
Consumer Affairs Editor
Old January 22nd, 2001, 06:57 PM
First Mate

Well Im in Nebraska we are lucky here (Omaha) is a minor hub for Midwest Express Airlines. www.midwestexpress.com First class seats, First Class meals at coach rates or very close. They might fly out of your city.?? Look at there web site. Airline Code is YX.

Michael Sinn
Old January 23rd, 2001, 08:33 AM
Yeoman

I'm with Michael - I'm from Milwaukee WI - home of Midwest Express. I will always use them when I can. Sometimes the flights I need are fully booked or Midwest doesn't fly where I need to go - when this happens, I'm always disappointed in the flight on every other airline.

I'm spoiled - try it, you'll be spoiled too.
Old February 6th, 2001, 05:57 PM
Linda Marie

My favorite is United for 2 reasons. 1: they replace their parts 1 year before expiration date, and 2: it's a smoke-free airline.