Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2001, 06:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Which Cruise Lines?

Just curious as to people's thoughts.

Which cruise lines would U like to try that U haven't sailed with yet? I think it would be interesting to hear why as well. Is it things you've heard about them from friends, advertising, cruise reviews U've read?

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2001, 07:56 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Which Cruise Lines?

Probably for me it would be Holland American. I've only cruised on RCCI and Celebrity. I suppose I stay with them because of the privileges you obtain once you become a repeat passenger.

Holland American, at least from what I've read, is more upscale that Celebrity. As I've gotten older, age 56, I seem to be more inclined to formal evenings. I certainly wasn't than was as a younger man. I don't know why I've changed, just seem to have happened.

With that said, I couldn't afford nor would I fit in, with the passengers on Silver Seas or Raddison, (they being more affluent). Howeven, from looking at the adds, I think I would enjoy that type of cruise.
Old January 19th, 2001, 08:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

For me it would definately be on Celebrity. I always head such great things about these ships and especially want to try Infinity on their Southern itinary sometime next year. Hey, I can hope, right?? Eventually I'd like to say I've been on them all :-) Right now looking forward to cruiseing on Explorer of the Seas in April, its actually getting closer, then of course Radiance of the Seas looks equally as another winner for Royal Caribbean, just add that to this list too.

Donnassei
Old January 19th, 2001, 08:32 PM
Mike Mastellar

I really want to try Radisson Seven Seas. I need to know if "luxury" is worth the price. Radisson does have some good specials that make it almost affordable for me. It might be attainable if I keep saving and can find a 4 foot tall Piggy Bank. Hopefully I won't have to wait until the "Pig Flies" before I can go.

Take Care;
Mike

Old January 19th, 2001, 10:15 PM
Keith Smith

Having sailed Carnival, Celebrity, and HAL (our favorite) we would like to try Princess.

Our next two cruises are on the Maasdam in about two weeks, and the Statendam to Alaska the end of July. We may try a Princess ship Jan or Feb of 2002.

Hope to "sea' you aboard one day,

Keith & Rita
Old January 21st, 2001, 01:27 AM
Carole Dunham

Although I have sailed Cunard it was in 1959 and think it is probably a completely different line now than it was then. I'd love to sail Caronia and then the Queen Mary II. I'd also love to sail Radisson and Rennaisance.

Carole
Old January 21st, 2001, 09:54 AM
Mary Lou

As everyone who knows me know....I love Celebrity. If, and when, I try another line I would like it to be Princess.
Old January 21st, 2001, 11:03 AM
Tim Rubacky

Orient Lines and Renaissance. I'd love to do the Crown Odyssey through the Orient or Marco Polo to Antartica. And I AM sailing Renaissance to Tahiti this year thanks to Santa!

Tim Rubacky
Consumer Affairs Editor
Old January 22nd, 2001, 10:22 AM
Captain

I would love to sail on the Marco Polo to Antarctica. I would like to try many different lines just to compare the different experience on the different lines. I mainly pick a cruise by destination and I prefer smaller ships.
Old January 22nd, 2001, 11:12 PM
rsawick

Have sailed RCCL and Celebrity. Like Keith S., we will be sailing with Holland America's MAASDAM in 41 days. I think I would like a smoke-free Renaissance cruise, or a barge cruise on the Rhine or Danube.
Old January 23rd, 2001, 10:25 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to suzanne

I would really like to try Carnival. I have only cruised RCCL and am booked on NCL's Norway for February. I have not cruised Carnival mainly because I heard a lot of things about wild parties, tacky decor and lots of "hand to mouth" eating....I think I have been unfair in avoiding the line....after all, you don't know until you try it for yourself....I plan to book a Carnival cruise next year, perhaps one of their five day excursions....

I would also love to try Celebrity...the description of pax in one of my cruise books says, "Recommended for those who like elegance but not stuffiness, a good time but without bad taste, the feeling of paying more for the cruise but YOU DIDN'T "....THAT'S ME!!!
Old January 23rd, 2001, 09:10 PM
First Mate

We've sailed on Princess, Celebrity, RCI and Holland America (22 cruises) and would rate them in that order. We did do one Norweigan but wouldn't run back there anytime ( did that for convenience, Boston to Bermuda). Have been following the chatter about Ren Cruises and that could be a possibility in the future, elegantly casual and small ships.

Currently, we'll hopefully be sailing on the Infinity to Hawaii in March and have the Golden booked in Europe for Sept.
Old January 24th, 2001, 03:19 PM
Teach

We've sailed RCL, Princess,Carnival,Hawaiin Amer. would recomend them in that order. Want to try Celebrity and Renacence. Guess we hate to be first timmers all over again. Up to the Vision we had been on every ship in RCL (RCCL) 's fleet plus we did try the Voyager. New ships get put on routes that are most popular and we've been there and done that. It's hard to face the flight to Fl. or San J if a ship is going to places we've been to many times.Due to skin problems we don't spend time in the sun any more and my ears cant take diving now so the Carrabian is a lot less fun now. Were going to Mex. sunday on the Elation just to get away And will go on the Legend in Aug in the Baltic to St. Petersburg.
Old January 25th, 2001, 08:55 AM
Admiral

I would love to try the Bergen Line... small coastal steamers thay ply the route between Bergen and Kirkines, along the coast of Norway. They have always fascinated me and I hear good things from people who have sailed with them. Don't expect the "Not the Newlyweds" games... just lots of good food and marvelous scenery and people.

A very close second would be the Marco Polo (Orient Lines) anywhere... but, preferable to the Antarctic.

Ernie
Old January 29th, 2001, 08:39 PM
Rich and Kathy

We're looking forward to trying 2 new cruise lines this year: NCL Sky to Alaska in May, and the Sea Princess to the Mexican Riviera in November. We're the most excited about trying Princess -- having been on Celebrity, HAL (twice), Carnival, RCI, and Premier.

-- R&K
Old February 3rd, 2001, 12:16 PM
jeanuk

always wanted to sail Princess, so this past xmas we did, was not overly impressed, prefer HAL anyday, have sailed Carnival (in our Youth!!) Costa--3 times, and HAL twice, now I would love to try Raddisson, jeanuk
Old February 6th, 2001, 05:44 PM
Linda Marie

Just returned from my 1st cruise,aboard RCL's Rhapsody of the Seas in Mexico,and loved every minute of it! Planning to go on the Crystal Harmony to Alaska in August, and Carnival's Elation next January. Hope to someday try Celebrity.
Old February 12th, 2001, 09:40 AM
addicted2cruising

We think we would like to try Celebrity sometime. Probably one of the Millenium Class ships, but for now we are still CCL and RCCL cruisers.