Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2001, 10:20 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Wedding Cruises

I am looking for a cruise for my wedding. I would like hear from someone who has had or has attended a wedding on a ship. I would also like tips on what to do, which ship to book and any specifics that you can give me. Right now I am looking at R.C.'s Voyager of the Sea's ship for the big day. However, no plans have been made. I would like helpful hints first.
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2001, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Wedding Cruises

Hi Lisa,
Here is a link that has information on weddings on ships etc. I think it will give you some great ideas, actually a wedding on a ship sounds so romantic. Let us know what you decide. We're in the process of planning an April wedding for our daughter, so love hearing all the wedding talk :-)

<http://www.aweddingforyou.com/>

Donnassei
Old January 24th, 2001, 06:11 PM
Carole Dunham

If you want to actually be married at sea rather than on a ship in port, I believe your options are Grand and Golden Princess who's captains are licensed to perform marriages. Of course, since the wedding chapel abord the ships is small, that would limit the size of your wedding, but that might not be a consideration.

Carole
Old January 25th, 2001, 10:03 PM
Admiral

Grand Princess (and sister ship Golden Princess) are the only two ships with a wedding chapel and a Captain who is legall qualified to marry you. It's beautiful, and the staff will participate. If you go to Princess' web site, I'm sure you'll find package rates for it.

CruiseMates has information on outside companies which do all the work for you. You choose the ship and location (in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale) ... get married before the ship leaves port and then honeymoon for a week or so. Royal Caribbean's ship would be great if you decide to pursue this course. They can also help you get married in St. Thomas, while the ship is in port.