Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2001, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default De Lurk Here

OK.... we know there's MANY of you out there who stop by to read the articles, and read the message boards, but, at least til now chose not to post.

It's time!!! I'm inviting you to step out and say hi, and join in the cruise discussions, and fun. It's perfectly safe, since hunting season on newbies just ended <VBG>

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2001, 03:02 PM
Kellie

Default Re: De Lurk Here

Hi Kuki,

Glad to see you back from your trip, I'm a semi lurker!

Kellie
Old February 4th, 2001, 10:19 AM
First Mate

I have been lurking for quite some time. I just started to post here in the last week or so.
Old February 4th, 2001, 01:47 PM
Admiral

Mike and Kell.. welcome aboard!! Glad to see u starting to post. Hope u enjoy becoming part of the CruiseMates family!
Hope we can get some of the other legions of lurkers to get comfy and join in too.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
Old February 6th, 2001, 04:10 PM
Passenger

The power of karma
Hello everyone. My name is Alan and am new here. My brother and I went on a cruise last Fall and booked with Debbie Popick's Discount Travel Club for singles and recommend them very highly for singles. They usually have 100 - 200 or so singles in their groups and do an excellent job of coordinating parties, games and get-togethers and more at no additional cost. http://www.singlescruise.com
Anyway my brother explained about karma. He said if you have good karma, (I call it a positive mental attitude), things will work out well for you but if you have bad karma things will work out poorly for you. So what does that have to do with cruising? Well it is about the attitude we take with us before we leave on the cruise. Since I don't expect everything to be perfect I do not get disappointed or angry when those pesky little things go wrong. Instead I expect about 10% of things to be disappointing before I even leave home and don't pay any attention to them. What I do is enjoy the 90% of the things that are great and always have a wonderful time.
So what is the point? Simple; the amount of enjoyment you will have on your cruise is predetermined by the attitude that you decide to take with you before you even leave.
Does anyone else have any comments on that?
Old February 7th, 2001, 02:22 PM
First Mate

I am a cruise lover, and am interested in branching out to combo tours and cruises. I would like to get some info on the tour company Uniworld. They have a cruise of South America that is of interest, and a combo cruise and tour of China. I would appreciate any info one would have on this organization.

Thanks Chuck
Old February 7th, 2001, 08:23 PM
Mary Lou

Alan:
You have a great attitude. I wholeheartedly agree that you need to be flexible on a cruise...that way you aren't disappointed. Happy sailing!!!
Old February 8th, 2001, 04:15 AM
Passenger

Thank you Mary Lou. Those words rhyme so well together that perhaps you should hear them more often.
Old February 8th, 2001, 08:13 AM
Passenger

Would you recommend being an outside T.A.. My husband & I love travel. I have MANY friends who feel the same way.

I thought I might try it. A T.A. has asked me if I'm interested. All I need is a fax machine they tell me. This way ALL transactions also go through to their agency via fax.

Peggy
Old February 8th, 2001, 02:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Alan:

How well put: "The amount of enjoyment we will have is predetermined by the attitude that we decide to take with us...."

That so applies to life in general! "Life is what you make it".

Thanks for reminding us!

Pooh
=^.^=
Old February 8th, 2001, 07:41 PM
Admiral

Peggy wrote:
>
> Would you recommend being an outside T.A.. My husband & I
> love travel. >

> A T.A. has asked me if I'm
> interested. All I need is a fax machine they tell me. This
> way ALL transactions also go through to their agency via fax.
>
> Peggy

I would think being a TA could be a fun and interesting experience, but also one that'll make u pull your hair out at times.
As for only needing a fax machine..... I think good TAs need alot more than that.. training, knowledge etc. <G>
Loving what you're doing is a good start though.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
Old February 14th, 2001, 08:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hello, my name is Jan and I'm a lurkaholic...I began lurking way back in July when I was a cruise virgin and was trying to learn all about cruising and choosing my first cruise. Well a virgin no more I am, I went on my first one in January and had a wonderful time, so much so now I'm addicted..! BUT now I really have a problem. I'm not a first timer any longer and have a past cruise to to compare the next one too, I'm having a terrible time picking which ship I want to go on next because now I know more about what I prefer!. I think it was less stress when I didn't know any better..lol.
Old February 15th, 2001, 12:15 AM
Admiral

Jan,

Glad u've come out of the CruiseMates closet. And welcome to the ranks of the cruise afflicted. U'll know pretty quickly how bad it can get. It won't matter what cruise you've got coming up, as long as something is booked <G>
Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
Old February 15th, 2001, 06:21 AM
Passenger

Brneyznfl
I went on my first cruise in 1992. Naturally I was awe struck by the new world of grandeur, courtesy and excitement of it all. In 1993 I went again naively expecting the same new experience but alas it was a repeat of the same thing. Realizing that the same new feelings are not experienced twice I began going on singles cruises. Although the same it is different each time.
Old February 16th, 2001, 08:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Alan,

Yes, I agree with you, the feelings experienced from the first time I'm sure won't be quite the same. However, I'm in the process of planning another cruise (which by the way will be a singles group cruise) and I'm just as excited as the first time, sometimes I think I ALMOST love the planning and researching even more..lol.
Old February 17th, 2001, 04:01 AM
Passenger

Thank you ever so much Brneyznfl for allowing me to see the errors of my ways. I was only trying to share an insight I had on the second cruise which I now see was a negative one. Perhaps I should have mentioned it was fine otherwise.
Anyway you are completely correct in that the planning of it all is half the fun if not more. My next cruise will be in December but here I am having fun with Cruise Mates planning it all and communicating with others. These once a year escapes for one week from the realities of the workaday world are my idea of what a vacation is all about. The guys at work who know that I "blow" $1,500 a year think I'm nuts but they want to know all about it when I get back. They flock around like a herd of sheep to see the pictures of the girls around the pool in their bikinis! They have no comprehension that one paycheck a year should be spent on having fun so they live in their own world of dull drab grayness. Too bad for them but it makes the ship less crowded. Well, have to get back to planning; thanks for your response. Alan