Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2001, 10:23 PM
Ken Z

Default Re: Upgrade Ideas

Michael, first of all you do not know why you live where you live. Your complaining about the snow. You say you want to live where its warm! You then suggest, Floriduh!

Why the hell would you want to live in a state where people cannot read! They cannot cast a vote correctly! They all eat supper at 4:00 or 4:30 because that's when the resturants have the senior specials! Do you really want to live with a bunch of former New Yorkers? Get real!

I would strongly urge you to consider moving to another place!

Your friend,
Ken
Old February 13th, 2001, 07:42 AM
Tim Rubacky

Default Re: Upgrade Ideas

Peggy,

Forgive me if I misunderstood your question. As a Crown & Anchor Platinum Member, there is a chance you will be upgraded but it depends solely on inventory and whether an upgrade is available....dont bank on it.

RCI will sometimes run upgrade promotions for Diamond and Platinum members.

Tim Rubacky
Consumer Affairs Editor
Old February 13th, 2001, 02:59 PM
Al Neill (Zymus)

Default Re: Ask Me Questions about Life

Why and when did people decide to try putting yeast into bread, originally? Did they even know what yeast was, much less know it would make bread rise?

Maybe it was aliens?
Old February 13th, 2001, 09:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Al Neill (Zymus) wrote:
>
> Why and when did people decide to try putting yeast into
> bread, originally? Did they even know what yeast was, much
> less know it would make bread rise?
>
Women first discovered it when they got infections. (Please don't send hate mail. I know its gross, but I was ROFL and couldn't resist).

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
Old February 14th, 2001, 09:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

This is totally in jest, but I do beg your pardon, I live in north Florida, I believe the ballot problem began in SOUTH Florida. We northern Floridians drew an imaginary line, have thus created our own state and totally disassociated ourselves. I have another theory also, south Florida is mostly Democratic, northern Florida is mostly Republican, I believe that answers the question. Not all of us are FloriDUH. !
Old February 14th, 2001, 11:46 PM
Passenger

thanks,

This will be a fairly popular trip. Maiden Voyage Transcanal Easter break Radiance of the Seas
we will have to see once we board I guess re. upgrades

Peggy
Old February 15th, 2001, 01:40 AM
First Mate

Sage, I have many questions.

1> On my yogurt cup I read, contains live and active culture. What is live and active culture? And what is it doing in my yogurt?

2> What is going on with the price of breakfast cereal and good old fashioned cold-cuts. The prices seem to rise contstantly. Is there a conspiracy? When will the madness end. A pound of bologne cost more than some steaks?

3> I watched the ocean trail from the stern of the Holiday. The churned water seemed to stretch to the horizon behind us. Why is that? How long does it look like that?

4> I read once in a magazine that cruise lines sometimes give free cruises to people how are willing to come onboard and provide lessons or activities for the other passengers. Such as cooking, crafting, etc.. Do these possibilities really exist. I need a (free) cruise BAD Oh Sage.
Old February 15th, 2001, 03:40 AM
Admiral

Pat wrote:
>
> Sage, I have many questions.
>
> 1> On my yogurt cup I read, contains live and active culture.
> What is live and active culture?

Well Pat, we know its not Pittsburgh (or Calgary, Alberta, Canada for that matter).

>
> 2> What is going on with the price of breakfast cereal and
> good old fashioned cold-cuts. The prices seem to rise
> contstantly. Is there a conspiracy? When will the madness
> end. A pound of bologne cost more than some steaks?

Judging from this question I'd surmize U have to be from California, because this entire scenario has to do with the debacle of the deregulation of the electric power industry.
The cost of electricity to the meat packing plants for running all those vacum cleaners that pick up the meat shavings off the floor which they form into balogna has gone through the roof.
>
> 3> I watched the ocean trail from the stern of the Holiday.
> The churned water seemed to stretch to the horizon behind us.
> Why is that? How long does it look like that?

Until U turn away, of course.
>
> 4> I read once in a magazine that cruise lines sometimes give
> free cruises to people how are willing to come onboard and
> provide lessons or activities for the other passengers. Such
> as cooking, crafting, etc.. Do these possibilities really
> exist. I need a (free) cruise BAD Oh Sage.

Indeed it is true! Many cruise lines offer free passage to those with a talent for instruction or lecturing about all sort of crafts, or topics they feel will entertain their passengers. For example, they'll use Bridge Instructors, dance instructors, or even male dance hosts (if U happen to be male).
On the other hand, these "work for cruise" jobs aren't that easy to come by. If they were do U think I'd be wasting my time working as a Sage.
Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
and all round Sage
Old February 15th, 2001, 11:59 AM
First Mate

Kuki,
I think you may be missing the boat, err opportunity, concerning your, work for cruise answer above. I certainly believe that most cruise line would be willing to offer you that option. You are not wasting your time as a Sage, we need your knowledge. Of course to really capitalize on this opportunity for yourself, you would have to create some sort of character/gimmick. Does the Great Carnak come to mind. You would provide entertainment to the passengers while answering their most perplexing questions. You can be called the "Pursor of Knowledge". Maybe they can set up an office in the library for you. This would probably work best on the more laid back cruises. Maybe trans-atlantic, when people have time to contemplate the unanswered questions of life. For example, have any passengers ever tried to fish from the side of the ship? I have seen members of the crew fishing from lower decks in the Carribean. Just wondering.
Until next time on Sage. Thank you for your reply.
PatD.
Old February 15th, 2001, 04:40 PM
First Mate

I'd LOVE to learn how to become a "ture Sage" -does that have ANYTHING to do with stuffing a turkey????????????
Old February 15th, 2001, 09:40 PM
Admiral

Anne wrote:
>
> I'd LOVE to learn how to become a "ture Sage" -does that
> have ANYTHING to do with stuffing a turkey????????????

I think it has more to do with being a stuffed turkey. At least that's what my qualifications are.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
and all round Sage
Old February 16th, 2001, 09:06 PM
Tim Rubacky

Ok Mary Lou,

I figured it out so we can both start sleeping!!

The hotel kept $25.

Each of the men got $1..total of three dollars.

The bellboy kept $2.

That's a grand total of $30!!!

Mystery Solved!

Tim Rubacky
Consumer Affairs Editor
Old February 17th, 2001, 06:16 PM
Ceddie

Kuki Perhaps you could lecture on how to wear a thong, that should be enough to get a free cruise for you (or maybe the people you scare).
Ceddie
Old February 19th, 2001, 09:34 PM
Passenger

Three men went to a hotel and were told that there was only one room left and that it would cost $30 for the night. They paid $10 apiece and went to the room. The desk clerk, discovering that by mistake he had overcharged them by $5.00, asked the bellboy to return the $5.00. The bellboy, not being as honest as the desk clerk, reasoned that since $5.00 is not easy to divide three ways, he would keep $2.00 and return $1.00 to each of the three men. Each man then actually paid only $9.00 apiece or a total of $27.00 for the room. Add to this the $2.00 the bellboy kept and the total is $29.00. Where did the missing dollar go?

When the desk clerk gave the bellboy $5.00 that meant one man paid $9.00 and the other two paid $8.00. Giving $3.00 back meant one man paid $10.00 and the other two paid $9.00 for a total of $28.00 plus the $2.00 the bellboy kept = $30.00. The question is flawed in that it suggests all 3 men paid only $9.00.
I hope everyone is happy now as it took me 3 hours of mental anguish, tossing and turning in bed to figure that one out.
Alan
Old February 20th, 2001, 09:34 AM
Hyway

I have already addressed this question of the $30 room rate. I will try another way.

There is only $30 involved here:

In the Beginning each man has $10, the bellboy has $0 and the Hotel has $0. Total = $30

After the initial transaction, each man has $0 the bell boy has $0 and the hotel has $30. Total = $30

After the $5 refund, each man has $1, the Bellboy has $2 and the motel has $25. Total = $30
Old February 21st, 2001, 04:47 AM
Passenger

Hyway
I agree with you completely and have no argument whatsoever. Everyone knows the $30 is there. That is not the problem I was trying to solve. I wanted to figure out the trick to the question which made it appear as though $1 was missing. This I believe I've done. It's this simple. The $2 the bellboy had should have been subtracted from the $27 to get the actual cost of the room $25 and not added to it to get $29.
30 - 3 - 2 = 25 It all adds up then but the question wanted you to do this...
30 - 3 + 2 = 29 The question tried to fool you twice by getting you to add the bellboys $2 rather than subtract it and by making you think that the answer was $30 rather than $25.
No hard feelings I hope. You were trying to get the numbers to add up and I was trying to figure out the trick to the question. Alan