Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2001, 05:28 PM
First Mate

Default What is everyone doing this weekend??

Its going to SNOW here Again...So I am going to do some writing and reading. And as always Im dreaming of being on a ship...any ship!!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2001, 05:50 PM
First Mate

Default Re: What is everyone doing this weekend??

We'll be driving up to Ft. Lauderdale to meet all our friends from CruiseAddicts who are going on the RSMC!
Old February 23rd, 2001, 07:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Michael,
More snow?? I think we are getting snow, rain and sleet, ugh. Had enough of "winter", can't wait to cruise!! Me, I have to work all week-end, so I can afford to cruise :-)

Donnassei
Old February 23rd, 2001, 08:21 PM
Mary Lou

I'm planning on actually finishing my income tax return. I've been working on them for three weeks now......not sure why I can't bring myself to finish them. But, I would rather be on a ship!!!!
Old February 23rd, 2001, 09:00 PM
Gaile

No cruising this weekend for me. I'm going to Delaware to watch my granddaughter swim in a region meet. Guess that's the next best thing to cruising, spending time with family. But I'd still rather be cruising.
Gaile
Old February 23rd, 2001, 09:55 PM
First Mate

Michael,
I understand, I too can't wait for the snow to stop. Tuesday it was about 50 deg. here, Thursday we got about 5 inches of snow and now Saturday its supposed to be 45-50 again. If i have to shovel that driveway once more I will scream.When I see the ships leave NY, I wish I was onboard. I really don't care where they are going or for how long. Keep dreaming.
Old February 24th, 2001, 01:54 AM
Carole Dunham

Talk on the phone a lot with my daughter who just got back from Venice, take clothes in to have them altered (have actually LOST a bunch of weight), lie out in the unfortunately glorious sunshine of South Florida (we are having the worst drought in a century and it's supposed to last for at least another year), drool over my latest cruise brochures (Crystal and Orient) and wish I were someplace chilly, but not icy. And get on the computer and asnswer silly questions, .

Carole
Old February 24th, 2001, 05:57 AM
Admiral

I'm a New Yorker too, and it just breaks my heart to see a ship cast off without me aboard. I know how thrilled the passengers are. They're going to a lovely dinner and I'm lucky if I have peanut butter at home!! Worst of all, most of the cruising I do involves flights ranging from two to 24 hours. The pier in NY is a 5-minute taxi ride away!!

This weekend: doing what I do every day. Working at the computer, taking Mr. Ying, my doggie, for a walk and counting the minutes until my next voyage:
Radisson's new Mariner, from the ship yard in France to Ft. Lauderdale. No real passengers, it's a training cruise! My fantasy come true!!
Old February 24th, 2001, 12:07 PM
Judy Lofland

Dreaming of my cruise on the Ecstasy a week ago. Wish I was back in the sunny climate. It snowed on Thur and is supposed to be 50 today. Come on Spring!!!!

Already looking at the brochures for the next cruise!!!

Judy
Old February 24th, 2001, 03:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

My plan for the weekend had been to wake up late, have a hearty breakfast at the buffet, and then enjoy a peaceful day at sea, knowing Sunday was going to be a port day, and I'd be golfing in St Thomas.
BUT THEN I WOKE UP
It's below zero with snow falling and blowing, so I think I'll just stay home and yell at Mrs. Kuki for waking me up!

Kuki
Features Editor
Old February 24th, 2001, 04:00 PM
BEAV

Having fun surfing the net for ideas for a Fall cruise. Millennium Caribbean cruise is how history, Infinity looms ahead in May, so where to cruise this Fall?

And wishing the rain would go away here in Northern California!
Old February 24th, 2001, 07:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Now that we know that the Infinity is on schedule - finally! - we'll sit here in Ohio and worry about -- AIRLINE STRIKES! (And try and figure out just how to get the darn car of ours fitted with wings - or anything that will get us to Honolulu on April 15!)

And, spend most of this morning surfing the web doing comparison shopping on prices for our 2002 cruise - back to the Mediterranean in May - GOSH! - - I wish I had NEVER, NEVER, NEVER seen Venice. Seems like we can't go 12 months without returning to that fabulous city.

And, of course, lots of time will be spent reading these great boards.

Pooh
=^.^-=
Old February 26th, 2001, 12:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Let's hear it for the New Yorkers!
I spent the weekend going through my cruise documents trying to decide which tours to take. My work is never done!