Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2001, 05:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default The great Pizza debate

Lets make this a two fold survey....

1. Who do u think has the best Pizza at sea?
--- my vote (maybe surprisingly) goes to Carnival, with RCI manning the back of the back with the how can they call that Pizza, Pizza.

2. Who do u think has the best Pizza anywhere? And will they do home delivery Canada?
-- I wont voice a favorite here because no one around here makes a pizza that really stands out.
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2001, 06:48 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: The great Pizza debate

I liked the pizza on the Ocean Princess very much. Thought it was better than the pizza on Carnival's Victory.

Carole
Old March 24th, 2001, 09:19 PM
Big Tuna

Kuki I agree with you, we have not been on the fun ships for a while now but what we remember the pie was pretty good. I must say that Celebrity is getting better at it. Being from New York they say the water is the key to a great pizza.
Old March 25th, 2001, 08:14 AM
Mary Lou

1. Seeing that I have only sailed on Celebrity so far....my vote is for Celebrity.
2. The best pizza in the world is from a little shop in Pittsburgh called "Sir Pizza"
Don't think they deliver to Canada Kuki, but come and visit me and I'll be sure
you will sample some.
Old March 25th, 2001, 01:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Actually the one meal I've yet to try while cruising is pizza, why, because we have the best pizza around in Chicago, just no comparing, so I don't even try. I'd rather get some of the food I don't normally eat except for cruising. On one trip to Hawaii years ago I was talking to a man from another part of the country and when I told him I was from a suburb of Chicago, he said "best pizza anywhere" and of course I had to agree:-) Actually Kuki we have a great place we usually get pizza from and we can ship it, so send me your address and I'll send some off, its Lou Malnati's, just the best you've had!!!

Donnassei
Old March 25th, 2001, 04:21 PM
Teach

I must vote for the Elation but the calzone is even better. Enchantment had the worst when we were on it pluse no selection
Old March 26th, 2001, 05:16 PM
Mike Mastellar

My vote for best pizza goes to the Norwegian Sky. Very good quality and you could order one with any combination of toppings you wanted.

Best Pizza I know of anywhere is a local chain here in Minneapolis. The Green Mill. Chicago style deep dish that outshines any pizza I've had in Chicago. (Sorry Donna.)

Take Care;
Mike
Old March 26th, 2001, 05:23 PM
elycelynne

Hi, Donna.

I'm also from Chicago, and I have our neighborhood Lou Malnati's number committed to memory! Yum!

elycelynne
Old March 26th, 2001, 05:40 PM
gogetter

Hello,

I will go with you on this one Kuki....Carnival has the best pizza.
Old March 26th, 2001, 05:40 PM
Carole Dunham

Hi Donna,

Of course, since you're from Chicago you're familiar with Pizzeria Uno I'm sure. My brother's Godfather started Pizzeria Uno. He'd had pizza in a town at Lago di Como, Italy. He loved it so much he brought the chef to the US and started Pizzeria Uno. His wife was my Godmother. On the menu of Pizzeria Uno they talk about Florence's minestrone. Well minestrone never passed her size 4 lips! She was a great old girl though, just like my other godmother who took me around the world. She died last year at age 96. She looked wonderful, a pure fasion plate, right up until the end.

Carole
Old March 26th, 2001, 07:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Carole,
Yes, know of Uno's too, another great pizza place in Chicago. Mike, notice you mentioned a pizza chain in Minneapolis with "Chicago style deep dish" pizza, key word is Chicago :-)

Elycelynne, we just had a delivery/carry out Lou's put in Schaumburg, don't have the number memorized as of yet, but will soon. Did try it out the other night and its great as usual.

Donnassei
Old March 26th, 2001, 07:56 PM
Gaile

New Yorker here and our pizza is really quite good, but I've had Chicago pizza and that ain't bad either. All you have to do is go on a tour of the "Good Ole USA" Kuki and I'm sure there is one of us in every city to take you to sample pizza, then you can decide for yourself.
Gaile
(Tweety)
Old March 26th, 2001, 11:24 PM
Carole Dunham

All this talk about pizza is making me very nostalgic. I now have to live on a low carb diet, no pizza, pasta, bread, potatoes, white flour, white rice or anything with sugar. There are good substitutes for bread and sugary deserts, but the substitutes for pizza and pasta leave an awful lot to be desired.

Carole
Old March 27th, 2001, 01:23 PM
Bryce

I'm orgianally from the Chicago Area also they truely have many, many good pizza places. One of the best used to be Barones in the western burbs. People from New York City know their pizz too. Don't ever let a "true" Californian tell you anything about pizza, they have no idea. As far as cruising, Carnival's the best, although they could stand a little more cheese.
Old March 27th, 2001, 09:20 PM
bow2stern

We've sailed on about a dozen lines, and the best pizza, hands down, is (surprisingly) Carnival. The rest of their food may be mediocre, to good, their pizza is the best ship pizza. On land, Totonno's, in Brooklyn. They've been making the pizza the same way, in the same brick oven, for a zillion years. They're only open week-ends, and when they run out of dough, they close for the night.....
Old March 28th, 2001, 10:29 AM
Texas

I love Pizza, it's a payday Friday night ritual at my house.

Kuki, I've only been on one cruise, Voyager and you're right the pizza is not good. I would just grab a piece, to have something to do while walking down the promenade.

I must get to Chicago. I like Pappa Johns.
Old March 28th, 2001, 11:22 AM
Cruzman

I sailed on the Carnival Triumph in 99 and declared it the best pizza on any ship! But when I was on the Ocean Princess in spring of 2000 Carnival had definatly been beat! My littel sister (9) and I (18) would every day return to the ship and head to the top of the Grand Plazza to Fabio's and eat the best pizza we have ever had. What added to the over all exeperience was that Fabio's is at the top of the Grand Plazza so you can look down and see all the activity below. The servie in Fabio's was also execelent! While on the Carnival Triumph the pizza place is by the aft pool and you eat it while you watch every one get in and out of the pool. So my vote definatly goes for the Ocean Princess!
As for my vote for land bais pizza try California Pizza in the Copely Plazza in Boston! I know Boston seems odd for pizza but no were else do I know that you can get PeKing Duck Pizza!
Old May 13th, 2001, 06:57 PM
First Mate

Best Pizza - Celebrity Century. Just yummy!!!!!
Seagull
Old May 31st, 2001, 03:13 PM
First Mate

I'm from NJ, where we have some of the best pizza anywhere (mix between NYC and Philly), though I love Chicago's as well.

The only ship I've had pizza on has been the Regal Empress, but it was surprisingly good.

Mike