Cruiseaholics' 12-Step Program
posted in r.t.c. by Debra Yates Welch
1) We admit that we are powerless over cruises and our lives have become unmanageable.....
2) Came to believe in a cruise greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
3) Made a decision to turn our credit cards and our lives over to the care of cruising as we understand it.
4) Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of the chocoholic buffet on NCL
5) Admitted to cruising , to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of what formal night really means
6) Were entirely ready to have cruising remove all my dignity in the Best Legs contest on Carnival
7) Humbly asked cruising to remove all my dollar chips in the casino in three short hours
8) Made a list of all persons we had met on the cruise ship who we would like to see again on another cruise
9) Made direct payments to the shore excursions desk wherever possible, except when finding a better cheaper tour on our own
10) Continued to take personal inventory of the breakfast buffet and when we were full head straight to line dancing lessons
11) Sought through inside and outside cabins to improve our location with upgrades and room credits, praying only for a open seat with a view in the show lounge and the power to land a decent deck chair in the morning.
12) Having a had a cruise experience as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to cruiseaholics, and to practice these rituals in as many cruises a year as our pocket book allows.