Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2001, 10:56 PM
steels

Default other boards

Anyone know what is up with the "other board" cruise addicts.com. I cannot get in to their site. Like to check all the boards because I appreciate fellow cruisers input.
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2001, 10:58 PM
Admiral

Default Re: other boards

The server is down on Cruise@ddicts.com. John is working very hard to get the site back up. It has been down for over 24 hours and we are all suffering! Mgram
Old May 1st, 2001, 10:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

The Cruise@ddicts site evidently switched to a different server, and so far the results have been pretty awful. Glitches and complete resets of the bulletin board have been getting more and more frequent in the last week. I've been a frequent visitor to the site since last summer and have tried to become an active poster in the last months, but I find myself coming to this and other sites instead now. I feel sorry for those who are so attached to the BB there. It's such a hassle with all the current problems and I find myself at this and other sites now instead of the cruise@addicts site.
Old May 2nd, 2001, 06:51 AM
Admiral

I started out on the Cruise2 board several years ago, and migrated to the then brand-new cruise@ddicts board when Cruise2 got too "rude, crude and nasty." I've visited and lurked here for a long time, too. I just find it a real shame that John can't find a decent web server host for his site. All of these cruise sites have their place, and CruiseCam and I enjoy all most of them. Those of us who consider the @ddicts site as "home" are indeed frustrated, and most of us are visiting here often. We're still hoping that the @ddicts site will stabilize soon, but meanwhile, why not enjoy cruisemates?
Old May 12th, 2001, 10:24 AM
First Mate

I hope you will keep enjoying our site at Cruise @ddicts, <http://www.cruise-addicts.com>. We have just moved our site yesterday to a brand new server which we hope will eliminate the problems we've had in the past. Thank you to all who have supported our site.

John, Cruise @ddicts
<http://www.cruise-addicts.com>