Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2001, 02:02 PM
First Mate

Default Share a Special Cruise Moment

My special moment was seeing my mom in her Formal Dress on her first Cruise on The Holland America Veendam. She never gets a chance to dress up. Seeing her so happy.... was just one of my many special moments I thought I would share!!

Have a Great Weekend!!

Michael
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2001, 05:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Share a Special Cruise Moment

Michael,
That is so sweet!
Old April 27th, 2001, 06:06 PM
Admiral

Hi Michael,
I can sure relate to that. My husband & I cruised last May but I never bought a gown. We are leaving May 6th on the Destiny and purchased 2 gowns, and already I feel so special. These are the first ones I have ever owned.
Old April 27th, 2001, 06:55 PM
First Mate

I went on my first cruise for my 16th birthday (1974-Flavia) and my parents had arranged for a cake and the singing but I almost missed it. I was too busy dancing and having a good time. I missed dinner but made it in time for dessert. It was so nice - everyone dressed up every night in those days. I love the formal nights and being all dressed up.

Kathy

Radiance in 7 weeks - Can't wait!!
Old April 27th, 2001, 09:01 PM
Robocop

Michael,
In 1999 we took the whole family, kids and their wives, and my mother on there first cruise. Mom was 80 and her health was just starting to go downhill but she did love the attention and being with the whole family on vacation. We had a formal photo of all of us taken while onboard. That is one of the last photos we have of her as her condition went down rather quickly after that and she passed away just a few months ago. We have that photo proudly displayed not only on our mantle, but all the kids have copies in their homes displayed.
Jim
Old April 28th, 2001, 11:14 AM
First Mate

Robo,
Thanks for sharing!! That is a special moment that you can keep for a lifetime!

Michael
Old April 28th, 2001, 12:42 PM
bow2stern

A number of years ago, my wife and I were on the old Britanis, on a Western Caribbean cruise. As we were returning from Cozumel to Miami, we stopped to pick up a group of Cuban refugees. It took about an hour to make the huge circle, back to where they were seen. As we got closer, you could feel the ship leaning, slightly, to the port side, where all the passengers were lined up, watching. It was an unforgettable sight as the crew helped the four rafters aboard, and you saw the makeshift "raft," made up of old innertubes and odd pieces of wood. To this day, whenever I watch my video of that cruise, I still get goosebumps...
Old May 3rd, 2001, 08:43 PM
Yeoman

May of 1999 we took our family on a cruise to Alaska, it was our Parents 60th Anniversary. I had booked a special private cocktail party in the lounge, and when we got on board, I had left an invitation for the Captain to join us. The party was wonderful, the Captain arrived and invited our parents on a private bridge tour. I will never forget that cruise.