Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2001, 07:54 PM
Mary Lou

Default Funniest/Strangest Cruise Story

What is the funniest or strangest thing that ever happened to you on a cruise? I'd love to hear about it.
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2001, 04:43 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Funniest/Strangest Cruise Story

Funny to me and my family but you probably had to be there at the time.

My sister and I went on a cruise in December 1995. I had previously been on a cruise on the same ship two years before that on my own.

My sister and I had boarded the ship and were looking for our cabin. We came to a hallway with a map of the cabins in it so we stopped to consult it when two cabin stewards asked if they could help us. We said which cabin we wanted and one of them said to me "Hello again. You came on this ship 2 years ago, didn't you?" He turned out to be the cabin steward I'd had on that cruise in 1993 and he remembered me!

My sister after that kept quizzing me as to what I'd done on that cruise that was so memorable to him! I still haven't lived that down. :-)
Old June 3rd, 2001, 09:58 AM
Mary Lou

Pat:
That is a great story. Isn't it amazing how some of the ship's employee's remember so well?
I think If I were you, I would have left a lot of that to your sister's imagination.........
just for fun, of course.
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Old June 3rd, 2001, 02:07 PM
Admiral

I have a similar story to Pat's. We sailed on the Horizon January, 2000. When walking into the dining room the first night, a waiter from India ran after me and said, "I was your waiter on the Century, remember?" It was from our 1997 cruise on the Century. He remembered me almost 3 years later. Of course I remembered him - he was such a nice person and excellent waiter. He even made a point to tell our waiter to take especially good care of us. I felt badly because I did not remember his name and, because he was not our waiter for this cruise, I could never get close enough to him to read his name badge. I couldn't greet him by name each time I saw him, so I would just wave and say hi.
Old June 3rd, 2001, 02:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the Grand 23 years ago and got to know the comedian on board real well. This past December he was also on the Sea Princess, and he remembered us from the Grand, plus we enjoyed him as much as we did the first time we saw him!
Old June 3rd, 2001, 02:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sorry, that was 3 years ago not 23 !!!!