Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2001, 05:22 PM
gogetter

Default Cruising..A vacation or a special occasion ?

Hello fine people,

I view my cruise as a vacation to get away from the everyday things in life. It's a whole different mind set, forgetting about my daily grind. NO cell phone...no computer...NO WORK...

I enjoy seeing new things and meeting new people. I persoanlly have been to the Bahamas several times but i do something a little different every time i go.

What do you all think ? Is it a special event..ie like going to church or a play or a ballgame ? Or is it a vacation for you to do things you do not normally do in everyday life ?

I am just wondering as to what people look forward to , or enjoy the most out of their cruise ?

Thanks and have a great day !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2001, 10:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Cruising..A vacation or a special occasion ?

I agree with you. A vacation is a time to get away from your regular routine. No cell phones, laptop computer maybe (for downloading photos from digital camera). Basically a temporary escape from reality.
Old June 9th, 2001, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

For me..
A cruise is ALWAYS a special event!
I normally need a vacation when I get back from a cruise because once I step onboard I don't want to miss any of the cruise moments.

The pre cruise excitement is a feeling I've never experienced on any other type of vacation. I've never left my hotel confirmation slip, from a Las Vegas hotel, in tatters... the way my cruise documents are when I hand them over to the staff at embarkation <g>

The best thing... each cruise, I'm just as excited as I was on my very first cruise.
And I've NEVER come back from a cruise wishing I had done something else.
YUP, I'm ADDICTED!

And I can't tell u how lucky I was that Anne Campbell & Paul Motter at CruiseMates somehow came up with the idea that an antlered/thong wearing Canadian bartender could write about cruising, and share my experiences.

Sure I have to take along my laptop, and sure I have to spend some time taking pen to paper to be certain I don't forget "cruise moments" I want to share with CruiseMates readers. But, in my case this type of "WORK" is not a four letter word..

Regards,
Kuki
<Join us on a CruiseMates Group Cruise... here's how:
<http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/CM-cruises.cfm>
Old June 9th, 2001, 07:41 PM
SuzieQ

Cruising is like nothing else I've ever experienced.

It's like a vacation because we don't have to work. Someone else is steering the ship, and making the breakfast and putting clean towels in the bathroom.

It's special because we experience the excitement of discovering new places, cultures and people.

No matter how you look at it, we are all very blessed to cruise with the people we love. As someone once said, 'It's better to travel hopefully than to arrive.'
Old June 13th, 2001, 10:58 PM
rsawick

A special event that keeps me from working whether at my profession, to improve my surroundings or at making other people's lives better. If i ever catch my wife packing a laptop or cell phone I will accidently drop them over the side!!!
Old June 14th, 2001, 01:43 PM
Admiral

CRUISING IS MY LIFE! After I took my first cruise I came back wondering why I didn't do it sooner! Unfortunately, right now in my life I can only take one per year. I have my cruise pics tacked to my workstation to remind myself why I'm working. For one week in my life, I experience people who's sole purpose is to make me happy. Once I'm flying to my port city my day to day trials and tributations are a distant memory. The biggest decisions I make are what drink am I going to have now and what should I have for dinner. I come back from one cruise thinking about what the next one will be. For someone that works as hard as I do and sacrafice for I make for my "Fantasy Week" a cruise is the only way to be made to feel like "Royalty!"
Old June 16th, 2001, 05:53 AM
Passenger

WOW! Karen, what a fabulous post! Your dissertation of the actual feelings benevolently bestowed upon the unappreciated in life shows your true feelings of the frustrations experienced by all the well meaning whose work is otherwise unacknowledged and without the appropriate appreciation being rendered. As a younger gentleman I recall watching Fantasy Island on TV. It was a fantasy but otherwise a good program. Nonetheless a cruise is the closest proximity to the actual fact I know of. Yes that is why I go also; to escape from the unforgiving reality of life. Yourself feeling like a Queen, I myself feel like a King. One who only whishes that the kindnesses of our earth be bestowed upon oneself as well as others and that someone, anyone, would please say “thank you” for being here. That in and of itself is the true essence of cruising isn’t it; for one to feel better of him or her self and then to be acknowledged thereof? Yes Karen, you are a Queen, a true Queen in your own right.
To Queen Kathy I say thank you for being there in case no other gentleman has had the courtesy to say it to you lately.