Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2001, 09:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Overpacked? I think not!

I am one of those travelers that when i pack.I PACK !! I intentionally overpack much to the disdain of my husband,the cabbies ,and the sky caps that have to shlwp my luggage..When i boarded the Westerdam,and was shown to our room,by the stewards,he did not make any attempt to take my carry on...Some how he MUST have known MY shoulder was about to break,so he must have said to himself, fagedaboudit..I have to know when i go away that i have every nessecity at hand,because we all know buying toothpaste or panty hose in MArtinique can set you back a cruise deposit So, how good or bad a packer are you.do you bring the kitchen sink.what can you NOT live without at sea? I think i knew i was a hopeless case when the baggage handler slapped a big fat neon yellow OVERWEIGHT sticker on my large suitcase..Did it bother me? Not in a New York minute

Trip
Friday Chat Host
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2001, 02:49 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Overpacked? I think not!

No such thing, Trip ....

I just worry that the OVERWEIGHT sticker is going to be put on my fanny.

I recently flew from Barcelona to PHL and showed up at the airport with three VERY heavy bags. I was pulling out my VISA card to pay for the overweight when the nice lady said, "Anyone who can get THAT MUCH stuff into three suitcases deserves a free flight !!! "

Now, that was very cool.

And I'm still getting over the hairspray I forgot to pack and paid a gazillion dollars for in Aukland.

pamda -- CM Utility Infielder
Old June 10th, 2001, 12:25 PM
SuzieQ

Trip...about the big "overweight" sticker...That happened to me 2 years ago!

I said to my mom, "Geez, and I only ordered one entree at dinner!" lol

My feeling is if I can lug it from Pa to Florida, they can get it from the dock to the airport!

I plan to wear that sticker as a Badge of Honor in the future...a salute to overpackers everywhere.
Old June 11th, 2001, 10:52 AM
Donnamay

My motto: expect the best, but plan (or pack) for the worst!!
Old June 13th, 2001, 11:54 PM
rsawick

Overpacking is a waste of time, a waste of thought, a waste of space, a waste of strength and will primarily clutter your existence. I strongly suggest "Clutters lasyt Stand" or some other Don Aslett book. You will enjoyment of your cruise will greater the less you have to keep track of.
Old June 14th, 2001, 09:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

when you knock at my cabin door and ask to borrow,- - - - - - - - -please fill in the blanks with whatever YOU forgot to pack,you will thank me