Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2001, 06:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default YOUR *perfect ship*

If you had the ability to sit in on the designing of a ship,and suggest the things you loved about certain ships you have cruised..what did you adore on one ship,and what was it you hated on that ship that you wouldn't want to see in YOUR ship?
I would begin with the fabulous Royal Caribbean atrium...NO ONE does it better.i would also like to see a pool designed like the one on the Norwegian Sea.no wall around it so you can see the action..the Grand pool was beautiful,but the wall blocked your view..Although I have never cruised the Rhapsody,the pictures of the dining room look absolutley beautiful..Room size would go to Carnival..Maritime artifacts like on Hal would stir the interest of most of us,,I would also like to see the ships shops designed like on the Norwegian Sea..Rather then a lot of small little shops,that might make you wait till they empty out before you can get in.they had one large area that flowed into different departments...it was great...So.how would you design the perfect ship..Pick and choose from your favorite ships and have at it.

Trip
Friday Chat Host
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2001, 07:24 PM
gogetter

Default Re: YOUR *perfect ship*

Hello,

A more intimate gaming parlor.......i liked the covering above the bar on the Sovereign.....i would make all rooms a little larger......more things to do on the deck at night, including hot tubs and pools being open.....a reggae on the rooftop type of party at night......a more extensive room service menu....
Old June 19th, 2001, 08:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I absolutely loved the 3 deck dinning room that Explorer has, very elegant and I have to agree with Trip about the RCCL atriums, no one does them better!
I wish all the cruiselines would follow Princess and have fresh water pools, instead of the salt water, yuck. I have heard that Carnival has the largest cabins, but I was very pleasantly suprised with the cabins on Explorer, nicest yet, and the curved lower portion of the bed was a great design :-) Now add great service and food and thats the perfect ship :-)

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old June 20th, 2001, 06:46 AM
Mary Lou

Trip:
I think I need to experience many, many more ships before I can come up with my perfect ship. To date, we have only sailed with Celebrity and I have loved that experience. But, hearing about and seeing other ships on T.V. etc, I see there is much more out there. One "Must" on my perfect ship is a beautiful atrium and a great place for outside dining (breakfast and dinner).
So I will keep researching and get back to you in about 10 years.....lol.
Of course, the Golden for New Year's could very well turn out to be the perfect experience....just because of my fellow passengers.....CAN'T WAIT!
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Old June 20th, 2001, 04:16 PM
Texas

I would add a Wal-Mart to the Voyager/Explorer type ships. As well as a Papa John's pizza and Marble Slab Creamery Ice Cream Parlor. More seafood at dinner. I was surprised that some type of shrimp, crab, oyster, fish, scallops or lobster entree was not offered every evening at dinner. I love seafood and wanted to pig out on it every day. Also, a down home country cooking place. Keep the Windjammer and turn the Island Grill into Down Home Country Cooking at Sea. A vacation just isn't a vacation if doesn't have fried catfish, collard greens, hot water cornbread, brocolli and rice casserole, sweet potatoes and peach cobbler for dessert w/ a scope of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream. While I'm talking about food, it would be nice to have open grills on the decks by the pools w/ made to order hot dogs, burgers, bratwurst, hot links, grilled corn and sausage on a stick.

Well, I guess you can tell my main interest is the food. I'm all about making it better. It was good on the Voyager but it can be even better.
Old June 20th, 2001, 05:22 PM
Carole Dunham

I would have no atriums at all since they are the weakest part of the ship. I'd like a small ship like Pacific Princess but with balcony cabins and larger cabins. I'd have better kid's areas and programs and a better gym. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing.

Carole
Old June 20th, 2001, 06:46 PM
Yes2cruising

The perfect ship is the one we are on for the cruise.
Old June 21st, 2001, 04:52 PM
Donnamay

Good Cruise Attitude!!!
Old June 21st, 2001, 07:17 PM
First Mate

Love It, Y2, I knew we got along-the one I am on, and the one I am planning on-those are the best, and if not----then I'll make the best of it (love a large stateroom though)
Cher
Old June 21st, 2001, 10:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Amen, Y2 - you've said it all !!!!
Old June 23rd, 2001, 11:36 PM
rsawick

Take the promenade deck and Lido on the Galaxy and the aft pool from Maasdam, add a balcony and a boat that visits Key West and a couple of private islands... oh yes, add a ATM in my room that never runs out of money.