Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2001, 05:55 PM
Disappointed

Default Radiance Panama Cruise

I have finally forced myself to return to reading the fun things other cruisers have to say about their cruises. We had such a disappointing cruise in April that I have been thoroughly depressed about it. I've finally got enough curiosity and anticipation back that I have spent the last three hours reading all the postings. Since I do not usually write, (just read), I thought I would ask others what they do when they are really disappointed in a cruise. We have been on six cruises and the last one, (which was the worst) was on the Radiance, Panama Canal Cruise. We have been loyal RCCL and Celebrity cruisers, but this was a disaster. What would you suggest we do (if anything)? Would it help to write the company? I hate the thought of giving up cruising, but this has left me feeling like I was robbed at sea. What can I do to get back my joy of cruising?
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2001, 07:15 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: Radiance Panama Cruise

First of all - I want to know WHAT WENT WRONG???
Old June 22nd, 2001, 08:43 PM
First Mate

I would also like to hear more. So far it is a general statement, was the food or service bad? Or were you given shabby treatment? Everything is subjective, but if truely something went so wrong, the cruiseline should hear about it, please come back and tell us.
Cher
Old June 22nd, 2001, 08:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

are you pulling our leg?
Old June 23rd, 2001, 02:46 PM
Carole Dunham

When I have a bad cruise (like the Amsterdam last April) I post about it, get the usual sympathy e-mails which stroke the injured ego and get over it and plan the next one. In all the cruise years I've had, and I started cruising in 1958, I've only had two bad and two indifferent cruises. Since I know the chances are the next cruise will be wonderful I try to look forward and not back.

Carole
Old June 23rd, 2001, 10:54 PM
Aaron Caledsky

Default Sorry

Sorry!

Aaron
Old June 24th, 2001, 12:17 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Sorry

We would really like to know what went wrong and need to know in order to give you some opinions. You don't need to do a really detailed response. And let us know what you did to attempt to resolve the problems while onboard. That matters too.

Although I've never had a disappointing cruise, the odds are that the more I cruise, I will. But I know I'll find something redeeming about that cruise. It's got to be better than working 9-5, . And it sure won't keep me from cruising again.

Glad to hear you are back in the cruising community, lurking at least. Look forward to hearing from you.

Sammy
Old June 25th, 2001, 09:13 PM
Disappointed

Thanks for your response. I got a nice e-mail from a fellow cruiser and he had some helpful suggestions. He was on the same cruise. After I pull it all together, I will post it. Thank goodness this was my first experience with a bad cruise and I hope my last.
Old June 27th, 2001, 03:58 PM
Passenger

I can sympathize. We had a horrible cruise last year that really set us back for a while. You look so forward to your cruise that when it goes in the toilet you really don't feel like you had a vacation, and then you start to wonder if it's you ... if maybe you're worn out on cruising and just didn't realize it. Wrong, I equate it with getting hit in the stomach. Once you get your air back (and getting air back from being "cruise deflated" may take a while) you can see more clearly what went wrong and try to figure out ways to avoid it, including never sail that ship again or that line again, or use that TA again etc. Pretty soon all is right with the world again and you've started your countdown to your next cruise. Don't let it get you down for long - cruising is too much fun to have it spoiled by some jerk somewhere.

P.S. Sometimes name calling (not directly, mind you) helps vent as well.