Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2001, 11:48 PM
Passenger

Default Re: pamda's new cage ????

Hi Pam,

I will be dropping in a little more often now.

I don't know what happened but when you put up walls it's hard to get any fresh air!
Old June 26th, 2001, 11:54 PM
Lady Jag

Glad to see so many of my friends here! Boy, Judy, you must have ran right over! You found them all before I did!

Pam - don't worry about the 'other' board. There are SO many of us that have been very disillusioned with it lately; you are not alone!

So, is this the area where everyone comes to on cruisemates? I've been around, but I usually go under specific cruise lines.

HI TO EVERYONE!!
Old June 26th, 2001, 11:58 PM
Admiral

Howdy, gang!
Wow...Pamda and Disneyblonde...found you both...and more.

You can feel the energy in all these postings..the internet is buzzing with activity tonight!

"sue" at this board became "seamom" elsewhere!
Old June 27th, 2001, 12:27 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan

I don't know whats going on, but I am glad someone told us where to find you. This is the 1st time I have posted anything at this board.
Old June 27th, 2001, 12:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Lady Jag wrote:
>
>
> So, is this the area where everyone comes to on cruisemates?
> I've been around, but I usually go under specific cruise lines.
>
> HI TO EVERYONE!!

Hi ya Lady..
The message boards are broken into categories/folders specifically because there are SO many areas to cover. CruiseMates wanted to make it easier for people find information on specific cruise lines or topics without having to scroll through every post.

The Chit Chat Folder is "for everything else".... the Kukiness, the off topic converstations, the odd ball cruise thoughts.
In Chit Chat anything goes as long as it's fun, and friendly!

Regards,
Kuki
Join us on a CruiseMates Group Cruise... here's how:
<http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/CM-cruises.cfm>
Old June 27th, 2001, 12:30 AM
Admiral

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted you to know that I've been a luker here for along time-- just have a better reason for visiting more often.
Kuki--just wanted to let you know how impressed I was reguarding your post on the other board -to Pamda's good bye.
Pamda-- its not good bye but hello and welcome over here.
Take care everyone and lets keep our love for cruising our own community.
Thanks
April
Old June 27th, 2001, 12:51 AM
Lady Jag

Thanks, Kuki. Glad to be posting in this specific area tonight.

I'm so glad to see so many of the posters from the 'other' board! Hope we can all have great discussions over here without being worried about who is sponsoring the site and whether our posts are going to be deleted immediately.

Sometimes things work out for the best, Pam. It sounds to me like you're wanted on THIS site!
Old June 27th, 2001, 01:21 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Of course you can have free and open discussions here without the fear of censorship. CruiseMates has a policy about posts that is easy to follow ---

We don't allow blatantly promotional posts like

"Try ______ ______, she's a great travel agent and we all use her"

We don't allow obscenities.

We don't allow posts that are in the nature of a personal attack and not really about cruising.

We do encourage differences of opionion, and open criticism of the cruise industry. For some reason people have the misbelief that a cruise site that is so obviously supported by the cruise industry is afraid to say anything bad about cruising. Let me assure you, that is absolutely not true. Just read our "Cruise Gripes" message board, or our member reviews, you will see we never censor opinions as long as they are stated in a rational manner and in good taste.

Fair 'nough?

By the way... We are all THRILLED to have you here. I feel like calling Pamda right now to ask her to come and thank you all for your kind support of her.

Paul Motter, CruiseMates
Old June 27th, 2001, 02:40 AM
tannise

Pamda: I only posted a few times on the "other" board, but one of my posts was about shopping in Cartagena. You took the time to answer (and were quite funny too). You mentioned a silk shawl.........I never got back to thank you for the tip. I bought one for $35!! And it was thanks to you. I never was quite comfortable over there, seemed like such a tight community. So sorry about this turn of events. I always clicked on whatever you posted, knowing that it was going to be either informative or funny. Looks like you're being welcomed with open arms. Just wanted to say thanks for all of the advice.
Old June 27th, 2001, 03:02 AM
NJmatt

I have always enjoyed this site,Cruisemates,and always visit often and believe that
Ms Pamda has found a "new" home with a warm welcome and lots of hugs.
Old June 27th, 2001, 06:57 AM
Beginner

What happened???? Too much Phrolicking?? I always loved your (all of you) posts. This is a new board for me, I have a new place to hang around. I can't be without your "with it" advice and know how Pamda. Hope whatever occured works itself out.
Old June 27th, 2001, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Who is this "Pamda" person everyone is talking about? Must be some kind of bear...... :o)

Sure is nice to have a new den to crawl into, though.

Sorry for the "rogue wave," Pam, but glad to see you at home over here with Paul, Ann, Kuki, and "our core."
Old June 27th, 2001, 07:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Bob

Ms. Pamda, kinda of a lurker at the other board always got a chuckle out of your remarks.
Old June 27th, 2001, 07:28 AM
Joe Shaw

Paul lets see how long you want to call the kettle black and leave this post here. Sounds to me like you are rules for removal of posts are exactly what got the cruise addicts site into the mess they are currently in. Some of the posters over there got upset about a travel agent post a week ago and it was removed and then others posted back about wondering why it was removed. So it should be interesting if you can live up to your word and keep everybody happy. I doubt that you can and you will also experience problems. Kuki from this site put it best when he said that there is room out there for many good cruise sites and I will continue to browse through all of them as I have in the past.

Joe S
Old June 27th, 2001, 07:45 AM
Croozin

I can't believe the internet isn't big enough to support two boards. Pam, you were a marvelous hostess at the Phrolic and have become a good friend. The party was certainly good publicity for the other board and for cruising in general. If Cruisemates co-sponsored or even chipped in, so what. Did it diminish the party or enhance it? No one commented that John was cheap to not send the champagne.

If that is what caused the rift, then it is petty beyond belief. The bulletin board is not family, the people that post are. While it's nice to have a "meeting hall" supplied, the meeting can float.and survive. I have enjoyed CruiseAddicts as I had enjoyed other boards in the past. What's made them enjoyable were the friends we've made, who have followed from place to place.

Wherever we "meet" whether on board or onboard, let's remember what this is all about, enjoying and sharing a piece of our lives with our friends.
Old June 27th, 2001, 08:07 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to ChrisC

So this is where you are Pamda. Nice to see some other familiar faces. I will post wherever my friends post.
Old June 27th, 2001, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

Well said Croozin...

Like the new digs Pamda.....

DeniseZ
Old June 27th, 2001, 09:56 AM
NJmatt

The Divine Ms Pamda has found a " new home ",go get em girl!
Old June 27th, 2001, 10:20 AM
First Mate

Hi Pamda!

Just wanted to say hello and let you know I'm sorry about whatever went on, but glad that you have a new home on the internet. Being the shy, quiet person that you are it's nice that you have a place to meet new friends and start to enjoy life instead of quietly sitting home alone.

I'll try to post some pictures in the "other" boards gallery but not sure if that is PC or if they will disappear..

Thanks for the party.

Doug
Old June 27th, 2001, 10:45 AM
cruisinOn

you did not get it from "cruiseaddicts, you got it from Pamda
Old June 27th, 2001, 10:54 AM
cruisinOn

Greeneyed monster? Lisa, use your brain. Who kicked this whole thing off over there by her bid for support and sympathy. John did not say a word.
look at a few facts.
none of you know what went on between them, but it did not stop any of you from leaping to conclusions.
Pamda works for cruisemates.
cruisemates tries to buy cruise-addicts.
cruisemates sends booze to a cruise addicts party that is hosted by a cruisemates employee.
do you want a brick wall to fall on you before you figure it out?
Old June 27th, 2001, 10:57 AM
KathyR

Well said Croozin I agree. So glad I have found my cyber friends and looking forward to meeting new one. Thank Cruisemates for a new place to add to my cruise list. pamda so nice to read your post.

Happy Cruising,
Kathy R
Old June 27th, 2001, 12:53 PM
Robocop

Seems that most are happy finding this website that haven't been coming here in the past. Some seem to be upset or accusatory of CM for being nice to one of it's employees. Sorry that you feel that way but knowing the CM people that I do I have no doubt there was no evil intent, just honest appreciation and kindness. CM is a wonderful website and has been growing tremendously and has had some wonderful reviews by national media. We are friendly and helpful and in many cases yes, a family. That is one of the reason why we do Cruisemate Cruises so we can see each other and enjoy each others company in person. The message boards are for everyone and has many specific places to ask, answer and promote questions and I welcome all to borwse then to their hearts content. THIS board the Chit-chat is just that, a place to chit-chat without anything specific. Heck, we have enven had trivia contests here that were great! For LIVE chat many of us fo to the chat room each weeknight at 9PM EDT until 11PM EDT. These chats are 'hosted' and we have a great time. Thanks to a softwareprogram cussing is not allowed and it is safe for anyone to view without being x-rated. We also have the ability, although fortunately very seldom used, to remove people that are mean or hateful or childish and try and upset the chat. What can I say, great features, great news, great message boards, reviews, chat, family, GREAT WEBSITE!
Jim
Community Staff Leader
Old June 27th, 2001, 07:33 PM
sailinglisa

CruisinOn - I happen to know more of the facts than you think. I am not going to say anymore, because it is time to let it go.