Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2001, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Default pamda's new cage ????

I am very sorry and disappointed about what happened on another board, but I'm always ready, eager, and happy to talk to my friends.

Hope you all find you way over here.

pamda
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2001, 08:44 PM
maw

Default Re: pamda's new cage ????

What is going on?
Old June 26th, 2001, 08:59 PM
Palm Trees

pamda, I'm here under a new board name. I feel just awful about the "situation" and am glad I found you here. I have a strong feeling that this is the first in a very lonnngg string of posts. Your views and advice are from an experienced cruiser's standpoint and I, for one, am interested in what you have to say.

Olga
Old June 26th, 2001, 09:01 PM
bow2stern

Well, that didn't take long... HI, PAM !!!! Actually, I've been a browser here, and occasional poster, since before "that other board," so, I knew where to find you...Very sorry about what happened, whatever it was. Hope we can still be friends, even if I still am loyal to both boards...
Old June 26th, 2001, 09:08 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I can only believe it has something to do CruiseMates sending a little surprise to the gang at Pam's house for the Phrolic party last week -- chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne.

I just want to make it clear that we contributed to Pam's party because we think she is great. We knew it was a cruise-addicts party but it didn't matter to us. We also know a lot of you also come into CruiseMates all the time as well. We also think jealousy is an emotion best left in high school.

Anyway... I have had my own experiences with Mr. Shallo but I never let it get the best of me until now. I think it was really callous of him to banish Pam without even saying thank you for all the contributions she has made to the Addict's community, especially the fantastic party she hosted, but much more as well.

John... if you are reading this, please change the text in your "about us" section of cruise-addicts which you blatantly "borrowed" from our site. It's copyrighted.
Old June 26th, 2001, 09:16 PM
Braves Fans

Glad to see you over here. Your information has always been helpful to us, so we'll communicate with you from this board from now on.
Old June 26th, 2001, 09:26 PM
Kathy G

I left for an Alaskan cruise and came back to all this? Why can't people just get along - it amazes me. I thought rec.travel.cruises board had problems but I never expected it from Cruise@ddicts - what a shame. I think both boards have been great for gathering the all important cruise advice.
I hope that the future holds smooth sailing for all concerned.
Old June 26th, 2001, 09:26 PM
Admiral

Pamda caged? I think not! If you could sweet talk Cap'n Lionel into taking a boatfull of cruising flamingos down the Delaware, well, gatekeeper beware.

Did I mention that I have been receiving the Cruisemates newsletter for quite sometime now?

Why are celebrities always in the hot seat? Here's a glass of beach juice to cool you down my phlamingo phriend.
Old June 26th, 2001, 09:29 PM
sailinglisa

Hey Pamda - glad I found you here. I never thought it would come to this on the other board - the green eyed monster seems to have come out of hiding - why can't people act like adults?
Old June 26th, 2001, 09:33 PM
Palm Trees

sailinglisa, is that you from the frolic? (NOTE: No ph's on this board)

Olga
Old June 26th, 2001, 09:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Pamda!
I'm very sorry for whatever happend at 'the other board".
You can't keep a phlamingo caged for long! Guess we will all have to flock on over here to cruisemates!
I plan on spending much more time here now, and obviously less elsewhere.
DeniseP.
Old June 26th, 2001, 09:38 PM
sailinglisa

Yes, Palmtrees, it is I!
Old June 26th, 2001, 09:52 PM
bostongal

Your posts have helped me many times and as a "lurker" on the other board and a poster and lurker here - I am happy to see you here.

Bostongal
Old June 26th, 2001, 09:53 PM
CruiseMark

Well, I'm just glad we'll have your insights anywhere!

Thanks Pamda,

Mark
Old June 26th, 2001, 09:57 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Well, all phrolicers are certainly welcome here, and CM has always been a friendly site here. I hope you all will give us a chance to prove it.
Old June 26th, 2001, 10:01 PM
Cruisinpat

Pamda,
I knew I would find you over here. I don't know what's going on but I don't like it. Take care of yourself and I'll see you around the cruisemates board!
Old June 26th, 2001, 10:02 PM
Kellie

Welcome aboard Pamda!
I've been a visiter of both this board and CA board, glad your still going to be around!
Old June 26th, 2001, 10:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi all you new posters,
Hope you like these nice friendly boards here, we're glad to have you all.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old June 26th, 2001, 10:10 PM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

Thank goodness I found you....I hate what has been happening over at the other board...what could they be thinking of! I think John may have bit off more then he could chew....You have been so helpful Pamda and as I was reading your book yesterday on my commuter van, one of the other rider's asked me about it and he ordered his own copy today!

DeniseZ
Old June 26th, 2001, 10:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Hi Pamda,
Glad it finally dawned on me to check over here. Also glad to be able to keep in touch via cruisemates. Seeing a lot of former posters here---yahoo!
Angela Z.
Old June 26th, 2001, 10:17 PM
Robocop

Let me welcome all the new posters that have 'discovered' us. I have never said anything about any other boards and still won't as it just isn't mature. I will assure you that everyone is welcome here and we take great pride in being the friendliest travel website around. We also do not censor what people think and only remove a post if it is blatant advertising, profane, or hateful. All honest and well thought out opinions are encouraged and we want everyone to feel they can truthfully express themselves and pass on information that helps everyone learn about our passion for cruising. We also have lots of fun too! <VBG>
Jim
Community Staff Leader
Old June 26th, 2001, 10:24 PM
Passenger

Jake told me I would find you all over here !

Pamda.....very sorry that things have turned out this way. Don't think you are going to be caged for long.

Looks like a lot of us may have found a "new home", eh?

Heather
Old June 26th, 2001, 10:32 PM
First Mate

Hi Pamda:

I've followed your postings elsewhere and am so glad you are here. The end of one era begats the brand new era! Here's to many future postings and cruises.
(Can you feel the love?)

Marilyn
Old June 26th, 2001, 10:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Its a fact of life... on Internet message boards people post and refer to other web sites they've come across and found helpful. There is no sin in that at all, as long as it's not just someone posting blatant advertising with no real desire to be of any assistance, other than for business purposes.

There are many cruise related web sites... the fact is CruiseMates is the BEST. But putting my bias aside <G> we're delighted that Pamda is here at CruiseMates!
Her knowledge, combined with her fun personality are truly reflective of what cruising is all about. I'm now anxious to see what a Phlamingo with Antlers looks like...

Regards,
Kuki
Join us on a CruiseMates Group Cruise... here's how:
<http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/CM-cruises.cfm>
Old June 26th, 2001, 10:40 PM
DisneyBlonde

Hey!! Is this where the party is?
Old June 26th, 2001, 11:06 PM
Admiral

Pamda,

If I had a bb - you would be invited as my honored guest every night!

It looks like you have made alot of friends and they are the kind of friends that stick with you when times get tough.

Hang in there, keep your chin up and let's figure out how to make a great bulletin board (CruiseMates) even greater with our presence.

I am glad that Kuki (along with the other CruiseMates staff) have provided a very friendly place for former addicts to feel welcome at. Thank you CruiseMates!

Theresa
Old June 26th, 2001, 11:07 PM
First Mate

pamda,

Glad I found you! Sorry about what happened on the "other" board. I was so shocked to read that thread. I usually lurked here. I rarely, but sometimes posted here. Maybe that'll change now.....

andrea
Old June 26th, 2001, 11:10 PM
DEANA

I followed you over here.....I usually just lurk around with an occasional message...
sorry the way things turned out....I will stay here.
Old June 26th, 2001, 11:27 PM
Captain

Thanks Theresa for your post telling us how to find the party. Sorry for the mess over there and glad to be here...where I have dropped in from time to time.
Old June 26th, 2001, 11:38 PM
Admiral

Hi Pam....As you and Mary Lou know, I was a poster over here before I ever found the other site. Since I was lucky enough to meet you in person and found you so charming, I am happy that I'll be able to continue talking to you and reading your humorous remarks over here. The people over here are great and you fit right in!
Cindy