Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2001, 10:05 PM
Mary Lou

Default Welcome-New Posters/Readers

It looks like we will be having some new faces around CruiseMates......I want to extend a very warm welcome to all you new folks.
We are happy to have you at CruiseMates and look forward to reading your posts and helping with your questions.
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2001, 10:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Welcome-New Posters/Readers

thanks for the welcome Mary Lou. I hope the neighborhood is a little nicer here. The neighbors where great where I used to "live". The landlord got a little strange though!
denise p.
Old June 26th, 2001, 10:31 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Here we are as friendly as they come, mate.
Old June 26th, 2001, 11:12 PM
gogetter

Hello,

Does that mean i am welcomed too ????
Old June 27th, 2001, 12:30 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan

Thanks for the welcome. This is my 1st visit won,t be my last I am sure.
Old June 27th, 2001, 01:09 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Of course you are welcome - everyone is welcome! as long as you are friendly, too.
Old June 27th, 2001, 01:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

New arrivals, PLEASE don't take this the wrong way - it's not meant to be anything but a comment and observation. Having come back to this board about a week ago, I find a little irony in the current wave of immigrants. I had recently expressed my concern on the "other" site at some of the censorship occuring on that board. I elected to quietly leave for here after I had some very ripping e-mails come to me from other posters at that site. I didn't flame anyone though I was sorely tempted for a bit. This current situation at the "other" site is a bit ironic to me, given why I ended up coming over and becoming a poster here. Anyway, welcome to those of you who originally welcomed me at the "other" site. I hope that this 2nd time goes better than the first. (waves white flag real friendly-like...lol)
Old June 27th, 2001, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

Thanks you for the welcome Mary Lou....looking forward to getting to know the crew over here better!

DeniseZ
Old June 27th, 2001, 08:22 AM
DisneyBlonde

Thank you for welcoming us to your friendly port.

Diz
Old June 27th, 2001, 08:29 AM
JimG

A little background on some of the new arrivals, for those who have been here awhile.
about 4 years ago a small chat board folded, (I believe it was run by another John) and we all migrated to Cruise 2. That lasted for over a year and of course with the internet expanding like crazy the community grew like crazy. Of course eventually the crazies arrived and things got vicious. Someone spotted a new chat board forming and by careful quiet word of mouth, we all migrated to Cruise@ddicts. I just hate to see it all happening again, BUT there's a mature and civilized community to maintain and I for one will occasionally check back there to see what happens, but will probably join a migration here.
I've been a regular reader of the weekly news and feature articles for over a year, but not a checker of the Cruisemates boards. I really like the idea of an off topic chat area that allows people who don't want that to not have to wade through uneeded stuff when looking for answers. I dont post often, but I will be here lurking.
Old June 27th, 2001, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Jim and all the new posters,
Very glad you found the boards here at Cruisemates, they are one of the best, certainly very friendly. We all try to answer your questions and if we don't know then, will try to find it for you. This certain board has been working nice for posting OT things and helps from not having to lurk through the other specific boards for finding a certain topic or information. In time you'll get used to these and we can even attach pics to most of the boards easily, so enjoy and don't be strangers.

We also have a nightly chat thats great fun if you want to join us, here is the link:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/Chatin.cfm>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old June 27th, 2001, 10:28 AM
First Mate

Thanks for the welcome. We are booked on the voyager 5-02 a very long time to wait and I keep up the exciment for the next cruise by learning all I can from boards like this one. Having become addicted to cruiseing I'll probably check in often.
Debbie
Old June 27th, 2001, 12:37 PM
Robocop

I too wish to welcome all those that have 'found' there way to Cruisemates. While I am sorry there was problems over at that other website, I am not sorry that you seems to have migrated to this website. We here have always tried to maintain a warm and friendly atmosphere and welcome everyone with open arms. I consider this website the most informative of them all and the members and visitors here have become almost family. We are here to help each other and enjoy our addiction of cruising. While you won't see me trashing any other website, you will see me stand up and say that I honestly feel this site is better than the others because we are friends here. Welcome to all.
Jim
Community Staff Leader
Old June 27th, 2001, 12:48 PM
Mary Lou

Well said, Jim.