Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2001, 02:34 AM
Beginner

Default Cruise@ddicts

I have visited/posted to this board many times. It is an excellent board. Good responses here; specifically when you visit the particular cruise line board you are interested in. (Yes, I have gathered great info from this board about the Carvnival Celebration) You guys are wonderful.
I am a regular of the Cruise @ddicts board. I'm sure many of you know that.
What a shame it is to trash the owner of the Cruise@ddict board, John. I hope you all think about what you have said.
And, I will mention one thing; I thought that we were a family when we sent donations to Matt, for the Make A Wish Foundation. I was so proud of what Mermaid had accomplished, all for CA to trash it tonight on the @ddicts board....
Cruiseaholic, you can burn your Cruise@ddicts logo items, etc. but that was horrible about your wishing you had never sent them to a boy that has terminal cancer, and whose last wish is to go on a cruise... I hope Matt and his family wear the Cruise@ddict logos proudly on their Radiance cruise to Alaska next Month. I am a proud supporter of Matt's cruise, and the Cruise @ddicts board that has raised a lot of donations. Thank you, Mermaid, you have made one boy's wish come true. Shame on you, CA, for your wishes. I hope you live with them.
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2001, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruise@ddicts

Seawall,

I believe that John Mills wishes he had sent money verses "Cruise-Addicts logo items" to Matt. He is still in support of the cause - he just doesn't want to promote Cruise-Addicts. I emailed this to you last night and still posted the same message again.

Theresa
Old June 27th, 2001, 08:55 AM
Joe Shaw

I have to agree with you Seawall when you say that this forum as well as many others is helpful to us cruisers. I have read your posts over at the cruise addicts site and they are very helpful. The weather facts you posts are very eye opening. It is sad that people forget sometimes that confrontations exist in the world and it is easy to forget what happened last week or the week before. I visit many of these forums and always see the same complaints from the regulars at that forum. I guess that is why I hop around and tend not to get to sentimental with any of the sites I visit. I think cruising is supposed to be fun and when I see things happen like this and what people are posting and how fast they abandon their previous ties I wonder how they deal with life threatening situations. My wife sometimes reads over my shoulder and she sees these posts and the first words out of her mouth are I am glad we do not cruise with those people because they would always be carrying a set of cards around with 1 - 10 written on them so they could grade people. I can see how it would be easy to get caught up in a clique if I frequented only one of the many forums I visit. That is my main reason for visiting all the sites and remaining outside the group of posters that think they are the reason those forums exist. I do not wish to be the judge and jury for anyone because I do not wish to be judged myself. So I will do myself the favor of not becoming tied to one site and becoming stagnant and old. Now its time to check out my other sites.

Joe S.
Old June 27th, 2001, 10:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Well said Seawall & Joe.

Beth
Old June 27th, 2001, 11:27 AM
DisneyBlonde

Seawall:

I think if CA could rephrase what he wrote, I'm sure he's say he is not sorry to have contributed to Matt's cruise, but that doing so as part of Cruise@ddicts is what he regrets.

As far as trashing John, if you've ever had a difference of opinion with him, you'd know that he is perfectly capable of being as mean and uncaring as the posters he claimed to be protecting the board from. I would not have believed it if I didn't experience it myself.

I discovered information about someone that I felt John should know. I knew it was something he wouldn't be happy about, but as someone who cared about the board and understood John's high standards, I felt an obligation to tell him. In a classic case of 'shoot the messenger', he proceeded to pick on me in subsequent posts, and basically call me a troublemaker.

I don't know what the issue was between Pamda and John, and it's none of my business...but, judging from my own experience with him, I don't see John as the martyr that everyone tries to make him out to be.
Old June 27th, 2001, 11:38 AM
Admiral

I want to thank Seawall and all the cruisers, family and friends of cruisers, that have supported Matt's cruise to Alaska through donations to the North Texas Make A Wish Foundation. The drive to raise funds for Matt's cruise has been announced on a couple of cruising web sites. Donations have come from cruise lovers that post on several cruise site bulletin boards, and I and MAW are thankful for all of them. FYI, it is the policy of the Make A Wish Foundation that the nature of a child's illness remain private. I would like to clarify that I have never said that Matt had terminal cancer. Please respect the policy of the MAW foundation and the privacy of Matt and his family. Thank you, Ingrid

See you all on the boards!
Old June 27th, 2001, 12:00 PM
Admiral

I just wanted to say How much I respect all of you for your posts and responces to "the boards". Through my own experiances I have learned to keep an open mind and not jump to any quick decisions--etc. Yes I have leaned from my mistakes and from others--and still continue to do so. Although I do alot more lurking lately I cherish the the friendship and compasion I get from the cruise boards and the special people on them.
April
Old June 27th, 2001, 03:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Seawall... I for one appreciate your comments. I don't think I've seen a post where Cruise Addicts was maligned, or John attacked personally.
I think whatever the events were to lead up the "following out" may have been led to people wondering out loud.

I've personally been involved in a similar situation to Pamda.... I used to "volunteer" as a cruise chat host at another cruise web site. Did so, and devoted MANY hours to trying to make it a friendly fun site, and help it build.
When I informed them I would be "working" ( hard to call it work <G>) at CruiseMates my access to the site was shut down immediately, and my screenname was deleted! ALL without even a thank you for my 4 years of helping the site grow.

Not a nice thing to do.. and not really a fine showing of family or community spirit.

As I said in my post on Cruise Addicts on this topic. There is lots of room on the Net for cruise related web sites. We cruisers are an insatiable bunch.. for any cruise talk that'll get us through to our next cruise.
People post all the time recommending different web sites they've come across. Nothing sinister about that, as long as the posters sole purpose isn't to advertise, rather than share in a discussion and info.

We at CruiseMates obviously believe it's the best site because we offer such a wide variety of areas.. from feature articles, to live discussions, to message boards.
However I fully understand people surf the web... still looking for even more. I do it myself. And then I happily return HOME to share what I may have learned. Think that's kind of the way it's supposed to work
Regards,
Kuki
Join us on a CruiseMates Group Cruise... here's how:
<http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/CM-cruises.cfm>