Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2001, 12:50 PM
Admiral

Default Millennium in August

Taking the Millennium again (geez, think they'll remember me??, sure hope THEY didn't ban me!)

Have been in contact with several who did the cruise on May 31 and were on the charter flight from JFK to Istanbul.

Now, I have been advised to take a cab from the airport to the ship direct, instead of going on the Celebrity bus to a hotel for several hours until we go to the ship.

What do you all think? Or should I take the bus, then later take the cab, that way they would be handling my bags?
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2001, 02:25 PM
Kellie

Default Re: Millennium in August

Hi CruiseAholic,

We had arrived in Istanbul a few days early. If you want to get there early just grab a cab. There are plenty of them outside the airport. Not all cab drivers speak english. I had a address and a map with the hotel we wanted to go to. This made it easy for us and the cab driver. When we did arrive at the ship it was early in the day, around noontime the porters had our bags on a conveyer belt as soon as we stopped at the port. Check in was a breeze. Email if you have any questions. Oh one more thing they will take dollars in Istanbul. It should be around 10.00 to the port from the airport.
Kellie
Old June 27th, 2001, 09:19 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Millennium in August

Depends on how many costumes you are planning to pack....remember the tree takes up one whole suit case.....your dresser...Mgram