Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2001, 05:17 PM
Captain

Default Shipboard Credit Coupons

When we received our docs for our up-coming Maasdam cruise, the coupon for a $150pp shipboard credit was not included. My TA called to request it and HAL was very good about immediately faxing him a copy of our confirmation...we already had the original one from when we booked. On that confirmation it indicates the shipboard credit due us and the fax said that would be sufficient to present to the office when we are on board the ship.

In the past, we have always had a distinct separate coupon and wonder if we will have a problem when on board without it. Do you think we should be requesting that they us forward a coupon? There's plenty of time for them to do it.
Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2001, 05:58 PM
Lady Jag

Default Re: Shipboard Credit Coupons

If you have the time, I would request they send you the coupon. You may not have any trouble on board, but it might save you a lot of hassle if you do. On our last cruise, we received $200 shipboard credit and I brought the receipt that stated that amount with us in case of any problems. We didn't have any, but I have heard of people having problems getting what they were supposed to get as far as gifts and credits.
Old June 28th, 2001, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Hi, Sail 7 ....

I always carry backups of everything (don't even ask about the backups of the computer network at home ...) and never need them. But the comfort level is high.

You would probably like it better if you had the actual coupon, but the letter should be fine. I would take it to the Purser's desk just as soon as the initial flurry of activity is over.

If, by an accident of fate, it gets totally messed up?? Your TA/the cruise line can back it off the credit card you use for on-board charges before you get the bill. At least I think that's how it works.

One hint: Use a credit card with a zero balance for all on-board charges.

pamda -- CruiseMates Utility Infileder and First-Time Cruisers Hostess
Old June 28th, 2001, 07:29 PM
Mary Lou

Pamda:
What is a credit card with a zero balance? I'm unfamiliar with that concept.....lol.
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Old June 28th, 2001, 08:09 PM
Reefshark

Default Pam -

What the heck is an infileder? Anything like an infideler?
Old June 28th, 2001, 08:11 PM
Reefshark

Default Re: Pam -

Must be something that I, as the Lone Ranger, would use on my seahorse... :o)
Old June 28th, 2001, 08:21 PM
Gaile

Default Re: Pam -

My guess is that an Infileder could be a second baseman with Antlers :-)
CM Host Tweety
Gaile
Old June 28th, 2001, 08:54 PM
Captain

Default Re: shipboard credit coupons

Thanks everyone. I always make xerox copies off all docs and tickets and put a set of copies in my husbands carryon and a set in mine....just in case.

Pamda's right...I should have realized that when we get home my TA and HAL can deal with getting it credited to our AmEx.

And we can call AmEx to inform them $300 of the final bill is in dispute until HAL submits the credit. We're going on back-to-backs so I'm sure the shipboard credit will be put to very good "frozen thingee" use...and to snorkeling excursions. After a ton of Caribbean cruises (and resort stays) we're finally going to learn to snorkle for the first time. Think it's about time we got with it!!

Good....now I don't need to stress over not having the coupon! Instead I'll now stress over drowning with a stupid snorkle piece of plastic in my mouth!! Thanks.
Old June 28th, 2001, 10:51 PM
Admiral

Nobody ever said baseball players needed to be able to spell.

Baseball has been very, very good to me.

Pmada
Old June 29th, 2001, 12:08 AM
Audrey Belcher

I did all my pre boarding information thru Princess and made a copy of everything so if they say something is missing I can fill it in quickly at the dock. When I got my docs everything was printed on it but I did not have a express boarding pass I will just have to wait and see next Sat what happens.
Old June 29th, 2001, 07:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

I was told by my TA that I was getting a cruise board credit because of an error
that the cruise line made. When I got on board however I was told I didn't have one
and even with the TA on the same ship to confirm It, I still didn't get It.
Get It in wrighting form the cruise line. I wish I did.