Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2001, 10:41 AM
First Mate

Default To Pack..Perhaps To Dream (continuation)

Oh boy -- here's the latest in my saga...

Last nite was so punctuated with different cruise images that I'm not sure I remembered the dream in sequence, but here it goes:

for some reason (assuming it's because I've been reading posts!), I was wearing my Tweetys (Tweety Bird slippers) from the airport in Vancouver to some big building by a BIG ship. There were tons of people there, but all of a sudden, photo flashes started going off with cries of "there she is!" permeating the air. Four women came running toward me claiming Lori sent them to borrow Tweety, who did not want to go; then 3 women started a no-I-did and no-you-did routine (over what I have no clue), something like what you would see in a Three Stooges movie. Then Tweety got into the act, yelling at me for not moving faster, when suddenly I'm confronted by the Fashion Director. Apparently she's almost like a customs agent -- her job was to make sure that I (and I emphasize the "I") had something that would match the lifejacket; apparently, Tweety would do.
Suddenly, Debbie (my cabinmate) and I are walking along Creek Street in Ketchikan, and a salmon starts talking to Tweety (i honestly don't plan on wearing them on excursions!) about going upstream. I try to get Debbie's attention about the salmon, but she's avoiding me (can't say I blame her with the duct tape issues on the balcony earlier).
Wop speed 25 -- all, and I mean all, dinner conversations are directed to Tweety, not me; and I was getting upset about it. Captain Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang (someone please tell me i've read somewhere about a Captain whose name is even close to this!) invites TWEETY (completely ignoring me, much to my chagrin) to the Captain's Table for Tea -- and Tweety abandons my feet! As I leave the table, I notice there are pictures of Tweety all over the ship; they're free to all passengers, except I have to pay $450 for one.
Entertainment: something about a disagreement between Tweety and a dancer, but no clue what and who was involved.
helicopter tour in Juneau: the pilot wanted to wear Tweety (on his head ??) in order to determine which glacier to land on; don't ask particulars, I have no idea.
Skagway: residents determined i was not a good candidate for Dolly's house (not sure if I should be gratified or insulted) and should stay on the train.
Tweety was the hit of the show at Red Dog & Red Onion; for what, I don't know.
That's all I remember right now, but I know there was something about a ship scandal concerning Tweety.

Joanne
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2001, 10:48 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: To Pack..Perhaps To Dream (continuation)

Here is a picture of Captain Bang - from Vision of the Seas.

Click here for full pic of he and his wife and daughter:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/Images/kuki/bang.jpg>
Old June 29th, 2001, 10:49 AM
Admiral

I don't know who's messing with your meds, Joanne, but whoever it is I want to borrow that person.

pamda -- CM Utility Infielder
Old June 29th, 2001, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Paul ...

He doesn't look Chitty at all. I love a Captain with a beard.

pamda
Old June 29th, 2001, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Joanne: I hope your cruise comes quickly. lol
Old June 29th, 2001, 11:47 AM
First Mate

i ate blueberry flavored popcorn before I went to bed; yes, Emma, I was barefoot at the dinner table but a previous dream had me at the top of the staircase in just my Tweetys! (see previous To Pack post)

Thanks Paul -- now I remember seeing that pix of the Captain; please pray that I don't open my mouth and call him Captain Bang Bang!

Mermaid, i have 51 Days!!!

and pamda, maybe this weekend i'll try drinking & see what happens!!

lol, guys

Joanne
Old June 29th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Reefshark

Methinks there's a wee possibility that you might be even wierder than the rest of us...nah, we're all like that.
Old June 29th, 2001, 01:31 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to SeaFan Send a message via Yahoo to SeaFan

Sounds normal to me, those are called pre cruise dreams....it does pay to have the addiction so you can have those wierd dreams lol.

Happy Cruising,
Kathy R
Old June 29th, 2001, 06:28 PM
Lady Jag

Thanks for posting this, Joanne. You've just made this normally abnormal person feel perfectly normal!!! :*)
Old June 29th, 2001, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

> Wop speed 25 -- all, and I mean all, dinner conversations are
> directed to Tweety, not me; and I was getting upset about it.
> Captain Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang (someone please tell me i've
> read somewhere about a Captain whose name is even close to
> this!) invites TWEETY (completely ignoring me, much to my
> chagrin) to the Captain's Table for Tea -- and Tweety
> abandons my feet! >
> Joanne

Joanne,
Let me know what date you're sailing the Vision. I sailed with Captain Bang... and yes he's pretty chitty chitty.. last summer and I did an interview with him and his family for CruiseMates.
He's a wonderful guy.. and he MIGHT just surprise u if he knows u're coming

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
Old July 2nd, 2001, 10:15 AM
First Mate

Hi Kuki,

I'm sailing on the Vision of the Seas on August 19, Inner Passage (48 MORE DAYS!!) And I'm bringing Tweety with me on this trip!

Only had scattered images of a dream this weekend -- not enough to parlay into words, but Tweety was dominant in them; did Captain Bang ever wear a coon hat, you know, like Daniel Boone, while singing karaoke? For some reason, that's an image that sticks in my mind for Saturday nite's dream; of course, that was after Mother Nature's lovely light show left us powerless so we had to finish the "Fuzzier Navel" coolers & beer that was in the fridge.

Joanne