Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2001, 06:40 PM
Mary Lou

Default Tall Ships Cometh

The Tall Ships will be sailing the Great Lakes this summer and with any luck I will get to Cleveland to see these beauties. My question is this: has anyone out there gone to these events in the past? If so, what is there to do? I see admission is being charged and I guess I'm wondering what that is for. Naive me thought one would just walk along the water and see these ships, but obviously there is more to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2001, 11:21 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Tall Ships Cometh

There was a tall ship sailing race last year. The race began in San Juan and Miami was it's first port. the ships were here for a day where they picked up new crews, including high school students. We went to see the shipa and paid an admission. We were able to board and inspect some of them. Boy, some of uf ***** about tight quarters on ships. If I had to sail a tall ship I'd never complain about cabin size on a cruise ship ever again.

Carole
Old June 30th, 2001, 03:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Tall Ships Cometh

Next weekend the Cutty Sark tall ships race'2001. More than 100 tall ships. I am looking forward.
Link for the tall ship lover.
<http://www.cuttysark2001.com/>
Gitte