Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2001, 01:48 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default What do you do when....

Cruise got cancelled? No vacation time for a year? Kids need braces?

We all played a game one day that had us rolling on the floor. What can you do around the house to simulate being on a cruise? Here are some of my suggestions:

Turn down your spouse's side of the bed, place a chocolate there and twist his/her towel into a frog (Carnival cruisers only).

Leave tip envelopes in the Kid's bedrooms after gathering up their laundry.

Take all the paintings off the wall - assemble them in the living room and hold an art auction.
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2001, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Default Re: What do you do when....

Burn a CD announcing Jackpot Bingo at annoying intervals and set the player to endless, relentness repeat.

Place the PFD's from your own boat on all family members' beds and hold a muster drill.

Set the table with so much silverware than nobody has a clue about how to eat the carry-in pizza.

Conduct napkin-folding lessons for all children. Fancy-folded napkins go well with the silverware.

Play Bingo.
Old June 30th, 2001, 02:38 PM
Lady Jag

Buy one of those "ocean sounds" CD's, put it in your walkman, lay out on the balcony chaise lounge with headphones on (to drown out all the neighborhood noises), make a brightly colored drink with an umbrella in it and say, "Ahhhhhhh.........."!

Make the kids jump around in the pool to simulate waves while your husband rows you around in the inflatable boat. This will make you feel like you are on a tender.

Print out daily activity sheets with so many activities that everyone's mind is boggled.
Old June 30th, 2001, 07:53 PM
Passenger

Kick back with a limed Corona or two and skip my pager across the neighbors pool.

Terry
Old June 30th, 2001, 09:42 PM
Bensley

Drink alot and pray for better days.
Old June 30th, 2001, 09:43 PM
Bensley

Terry, I like your idea too.
Old June 30th, 2001, 11:29 PM
Admiral

EVERY time you meet another family member somewhere in the house,said "goo d morning (afternoon, evening, night) and don't forget to smile broadly no matter how you're feeling.

Prepare twelve different menu items and ask everyone what they want for dinner. (Or better yet, have twelve different fast food restaurants deliver!)

All sleep in the smallest bedroom in the house, install bunks and blacken the window.(Most appreciated by families who don't know any better because they travel economy with inside staterooms)
Old June 30th, 2001, 11:34 PM
Admiral

You and your travel mates sit down with a heap of money and decide how much to tip the person who cleans your room, changes the linen, serves the food, takes away the dishes and runs any errands you need......hey, mom finally gets paid for the jobs she does 7/24/365 minus the odd holiday!!!!

I'm having fun with this posting!!!.....
Old June 30th, 2001, 11:41 PM
bow2stern

Drive to the Port of Miami, about 20 minutes +/- away; park on Watson Island, just across from Dodge Island, where the Port is; lie down on the ground; kick and scream, "I wanna go, too! I wanna go, Too!........"
Old June 30th, 2001, 11:51 PM
Admiral

Sue ...

You are WICKED. I like that in a person.

pamda -- CM First Time Cruisers Hostess and Utility Infielder
Old July 1st, 2001, 12:56 AM
Admiral

Have a cruise party and invite your non cruiser friends over to see first hand just how over the top you can REALLY be.
Old July 1st, 2001, 05:28 AM
Admiral

Set up the living room at your next family gathering purposefully with too few chairs for those attending. Then leave a towel (or napkin) where you were sitting and pounce on the first person to "steal" "your" chair.

Disconnect the cable TV for a week, or re-program your dish to only receive CNN endless-loop headline news, and perhaps ONE local public-access channel.

Spend the week at a local hotel, and amuse yourselves by calling up the front desk and asking them what time the midnight buffet is, what they do with any ice sculptures they may have after they melt, etc....

Take pictures of your family, and attempt to sell them the prints.

Try to sneak out of the dining room without complimenting or thanking the hostess.

Tell the family that there is a new rule, with no exceptions: Prior to dinner, everyone must attend a mandatory evacuation drill attired in heavy parkas, in the unlikely event that there should be an emergency. Meet in the attic.

I could go on..... but I'm a compassionate Cynic.