Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2001, 02:14 PM
Mara

Default Freaking out

Yikes!!!!! Freaking out!!! 15 days until I leave for Disney! I want to start packing! I keep thinking that I am forgetting something vital to this cruise, but can't figure out what it could be. I have read everything about the ship, I have the bag already for clothes, I have my list of what clothes are going to be in the bag, the papers are all signed, my flight is confirmed, my house is actually clean (very strange).....but if I don't do something I am going to go insane!!!!!

Help please,
Mara
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2001, 02:38 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: Freaking out

This is ridiculous, no one is ever completely ready... take a look at this checklist and then see if you can't think of something else to do.

Have you tested your camera? maybe it needs new batteries.

Are your shoes polished? Time for a pedicure or dare I say it? a bikini wax?

Have you thought about what you want to do in each port? You could go on the Internet and see what's available. If you decide to swim with the dolphins you should make reservations now - or if you decide to rent a car.

You could go to the gym to tone up for poolside, or visit a tanning salon so you don't blind the waiter with your alabaster finish.

Are all your pants and skirts exactly the right length?

Have you out-grown your undergarments but delayed buying new ones because you thought it doesn't really matter if no one can see them?

If you are married, have you checked out your husband? Has he trimmed the hair in his ears lately? Does his naval peek out between the buttons on his dress shirt?

Please keep us updated on your progress!
Old July 1st, 2001, 12:53 AM
Admiral

Are your Mickey ears packed? Watch all the Disney videos you can get your hands on. Hum the tunes.
Old July 1st, 2001, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Mara ...

If you can find a way for the house to STAY clean, please e-mail me. Or, to help pass the time, you could come and clean MINE !!!

The best advice I have is to make sure ALL your laundry is done so the small stuff -- undies, socks, etc. -- are all where you can put your hands on them when the packing begins.

Second thing ... put a bag (could be a supermarket bag or something sportier) on a convenient doorknob and when you think of something you don't want to forget, toss it in the bag. Numerous bags are also A Good Thing.

Now, if you REALLY want to do something, it's time to clean closets, polish silver, all those icky jobs. Just imagine (knock wood that it doesn't happen) that the ship sinks and family members show up to "do out" the house and find out how you REALLY keep house !!!

pamda -- CM First Time Cruisers Hostess whose house is ALWAYS cleaner on the way out the door.