Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2001, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Default Oh my gosh - Infinity!

I just read that the big spa pool on Infinity is no longer free - someone said Celebrity now charges $20/day to use it. This is just like the one I loved on Millennium - very warm water with the pipe like rollers for chairs with jets coming out of it.

I hope this is not true or they change it back. What a bad choice in charging people.

And to think I considered Infinity for my cruise to Alaska. Now I know I made the right decision to go with Radiance.

Theresa
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2001, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Oh my gosh - Infinity!

Theresa ...

I remember people being absolutely amazed on Millie that they DIDN'T charge for it.

$20 seems a little steep, though. Maybe for the whole cruise? I'd pay that in a heartbeat.

I LOVED that pool. And I think Merman grew a tail, he spent so much time there.

pamda -- CM First Time Cruisers Hostess

p.s. Hi to Mom and Woof to Island Dog
Old July 1st, 2001, 12:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

I sure hope they change this policy if it is true. I am just ready to book the Constellation. We sailed the Millennium last year and just loved the aquaspa. I would still pay $20 per week, but surely not per day.
Old July 1st, 2001, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Again what will they start charging for next ???? I wouldnt mind if all those little cost were just added to the whole cruise package-- I get really turned off at the nickle and diming to death that starts to happen after you book a cruise.
Thanks for sharing the info
April
Old July 1st, 2001, 03:41 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I don't know if this is true or not, yet, but I'm sure we can find out tomorrow. I loved that pool, too, and it wasn't as if it was over-crowded.

<http://www.cruisemates.com/Images/infinity/Infinity AquaSpa Pool.jpg>

Old July 1st, 2001, 04:57 PM
Admiral

Lucky you Theresa...the Radiance! It's those billiards that won you over, right? Yes, Merman did spend a LOT of time in the aquaspa, and by now his tail has just about disappeared. He would pay too for the luxury of those steel rollers. Did you ever watch people hopping up on the rollers for the first time? Always good for a chuckle, on both sides.
Old July 1st, 2001, 05:57 PM
Admiral

I just hope they don't start charging for the delicious, light lunches they served in the spa area. Mort and I ate lunch in there everyday - it was our favorite place to relax on the ship. However, I like the thalassotherapy pool on the Century better. To me, the water in Millie's spa pool was not warm enough and the pressure from the aqua jets were too weak.
Old July 1st, 2001, 08:11 PM
SuzieQ

Wow, if heaven has a pool, I'm sure it looks like this!

I wonder if the suite passengers will be able to use it gratis?
Old July 1st, 2001, 09:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Diana

The 2001 brochure for the Celebrity Infinity and Mercury cruises to Alaska state that there is complimentary use of Thalassotherapy pool for the suites on both Infinity and Mercury. Of course it also states that for the Staterooms on the Infinity too!

I'm on the July 13th sailing of the Infinity and I will be packing my Celebrity Alaskan brochure to take with them so that I can prove to them that the Alaska sailings in 2001 are advertised to have the free use of this pool. If they need to cut back on expenses or charge more on things to earn more I can understand that, but they should do it for next season and not during a season where it's already been advertised for free. (IMO).
Old July 1st, 2001, 10:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Diane, can you tell me where in the brochure it says the pool is free. I'm going on the Mercury in August and I'd sure like to use the pool, but not for $20 a day.
Old July 1st, 2001, 11:20 PM
Admiral

Not sure if what I heard is true . . but I know somewhere in all cruise brochure fine print is a statement "subject to change without notice" .. .

Hopefully we will find out tomorrow.
Old July 1st, 2001, 11:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Diana

The pool is only free on the Mercury to the guests in Suites. That's on page 57 of the 2001 Celebrity Alaska cruises and cruisetours brochure. The page is the one that shows the Mercury cabin pictures and descriptions. The paragraph that mentions it being free is the one that starts out Celebrity Suite indulgences.

For the Infinity the brochure mentions that pool is free for both Staterooms and Suites (page 45). A few weeks ago I noticed the Celebrity website had it listed as free on the Infinity page that listed the special features on the Infinity. Today when I checked the page had more information about Spa features but no mention of complimentary usage of the Thalassotherapy pool.
Old July 2nd, 2001, 12:07 PM
First Mate

Just called Celebrity and it's true, they are charging for the spa pool. When I pointed out that the brouchure states it's free they gave their standard reply "thats a missprint" Talk about nickle and diming us to death.