Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2001, 10:41 AM
Judye Leavitt

Default Re: Diptheria shots for Russia

It was recommended to get Diptheria shots for our July 2001 cruise on Galaxy to Baltic. Should we get one? Kids are all current. Is it ok to eat the food there? Especially if not vaccinated.
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2001, 11:52 AM
sandthrush

We got ours several months ago for our upcoming trip this month to the Baltic Capitals. We have never gotten them before, just didn't want to take a chance this time. Besides, we work for our local health department so it was easy and cheap to get them. We also got Hepititus A , tetanus-diphtheria, and I think Typhoid. We got them several months ago to give them time to take effect.

The CDC (Center for Disease Control) has some good information for travelers on their website: http://www.cdc.gov/travel/easteurp.htm

We plan to keep them up to date. How often do people cut themselves or step on something nasty then have to rush out and get a tetanus shot. Prior to this, if someone had asked me "when was the last time you had a tetanus shot"? I couldn't answer.

Have a great trip!
Old July 1st, 2001, 12:13 PM
Reefshark

Yes, if you're not current, definitely get one....IF you can find the vaccine. There's a real shortage of DPT vaccine here.
Old July 1st, 2001, 06:14 PM
Carole Dunham

We were in Russia on a Princess cruise three summers ago. The food we ate in Russia was exquisite. We ate at a deluxe hotel and it showed. they gave us a folkloric show while we dined. I hadn't had the shots and I never got sick.

Carole