Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 4th, 2001, 05:24 PM
Admiral

Default Packing -- D-Day Invasion ???

I just read a fairly new review of Cruise Control over on Amazon and got to laughing about this comment:

The chapter on packing is manically exhausting in its detail but has good advice. I did have trouble keeping it all straight because she describes packing practically in terms of preparing for a D-Day Invasion.

This brings the question ... is or is not packing for a cruise SOMETHING like planning for an invasion?

"Don't forget your gun" is probably a little more important than, "Don't forget your tickets and your husband's studs." But still ...

And here I thought I was so laid-back

pamda -- CM First Time Cruisers Hostess
Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2001, 07:08 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: Packing -- D-Day Invasion ???

In my case packing is more like a "duh-day" invasion. I always leave it for the last minute, and then I throw in whatever I have clean, and I always shut the suitcase with words "whatever I've forgotten I can buy" - I mean it isn't as if I'm going to Siberia.

What have I forgotten, and was fortunate enough to be able to buy or borrow?

dress shoes (bought at the last minute)
neck -tie (very easy to borrow)
aspirin (got raked over the coals in the Carnival Kiosk - $5.95 for 12 tablets)
my trusty EAR PLUGS (kleenex will do)
Sinex (had to fall back on Benedryl)
Old July 4th, 2001, 10:33 PM
Audrey Belcher

Well my husband thinks the same way but I want to make sure that I have everything that I need. It is funny that this subject should come up today. My husband does not like the way I pack so I have everything laid out and am lettling him pack and may even leave the house ha ha I know I may be taking more then I should but I am not sure what kind of weather it is going to be so I want to be prepared before I get there for anything. This may be wrong but that is how I am.
Old July 5th, 2001, 12:59 AM
maw

I rather like my hubby to pack. Once we went to Europe and he got tired of carrying two suitcases so he repacked and got one suitcase inside the other and everything into the one suitcase.. So I am giving him the job in Sept.