Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2001, 01:48 PM
Palm Trees

Default Class Action?

According to other message boards, pax who have booked Millenium-class ships on Celebrity now have to pay for Thallasotherapy pool. Previously, this service was included in ALL cabin classes. We had to pay on the Galaxy, but booked on the Millenium, thinking we'd save some money by having the T-pool included. I understand some pax received money back equiv. to a week in the pool, others have had no luck in receiving compensation.

Since so many people booked these ships with the T-pool included in ALL cabin classes, they will be surprised when they arrive at the T-pool and are asked for a $15 pp fee. Does anyone out there know if this warrants legal action? or are the cruise lines exempt from providing a service that is in their catalog/contract?

Olga
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2001, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Class Action?

The only people who get rich from lawsuits are lawyers.

A nice letter to Celebrity saying that they changed the rules when you weren't looking is probably the best bet.

pamda
Old July 8th, 2001, 02:58 PM
sailinglisa

Palm Trees - even though I don't like what Celebrity has done, they do say in the brochure that terms and conditions and charges may change at any time without prior notification. This is just another case of trying to generate more revenue - and with more and more ships entering service and the number of berths increasing and rates having to stay down to fill all the berths, I think there will be more and more of this kind of stuff happening. It is a shame, I think I would rather pay a little more per cruise to have all the perks rather than being nickled and dimed to death.
Old July 8th, 2001, 03:00 PM
Admiral

I have read that on the Millie, the pool is still free. Looking at the design, would be sort of hard to monitor this usage, it is in a high traffic area.
Old July 8th, 2001, 05:40 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to abbymac Send a message via MSN to abbymac Send a message via Yahoo to abbymac

You can try legal action but the most you could recover is any actual damages....which amount to what, a few dollars a day? Why bother?

The better action would be to have your TA seek to obtain a reduction in your cruise cost to compensate for the loss of the "free" pool. According to what I have read, a number of cruisers have done this quite successfully.

Lawsuits are rarely the best way to resolve a complaint, unless you have SIGNIFICANT damages to recover.

abby
Old July 8th, 2001, 11:40 PM
First Mate

I have only seen ONE poster that got a refund, or was told she would get one, I have seen no others that have, I spent a good deal of my day on the phone yesterday, with the same results-sorry, no refund.
Old July 9th, 2001, 02:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

I was told today that Millie not charging $15 pp per day until after her transatlantic sailing and back into shipyard, so they can install the glass around the pool....however they do it now so they can collect...if you sail on her before sept. 30, you don't pay...is that correct??? martinimomma