Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2001, 11:53 PM
Admiral

Default Radiance and Millennium same ship?

Hi,

I was in the chat room tonight and "Heather" mentioned that the Millennium/Infinity class ships are actually the same ships as the Radiance.

Except for changes within the ship (such as having an indoor solarium pool verses an aqua spa) and other similiar changes - the ships specs look very similiar in size, length, speed, etc. . Other things look very similiar - outside elevators, etc. .

The only difference that I saw was the capacity of Radiance is 500 more passengers than Millennium. When you compare the layout - it is extremely similiar - cabin sizes are a little different but othe things look very similiar.

I am in the process of booking the Radiance for next summer and am curious if this is actually true? Anyone know? If so, I am somewhat worried about having an additional 500 passengers on the same ship as when I sailed the Millennium.

Has anyone sailed both and can verify this?

Thanks
Theresa
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2001, 12:29 AM
Lady Jag

Default Re: Radiance and Millennium same ship?

You know, Theresa, now that I think of it, the Rad. does look a lot like the Milli. It has the same glass elevators, same basic configuration, etc. Hmmmm..... Wonder if anyone can confirm this? Wonder if they were made by the same Meyer Werft (sp?) Company? Good question - hope someone knows the answer!
Old July 12th, 2001, 01:40 AM
sailinglisa

Actually the Millie was constructed at Chantier's d'Atlantique (sp).
Old July 14th, 2001, 04:49 PM
Admiral

Please don't respond to this message. I tried to bury it fairly deep as a test.

<http://happysails.com>