Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2001, 02:01 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival Paradise or Grand Princess

Ok my boss has chosen his vacation dates so now I can plan mine!

My back to back plan is out so I can only take one week. I'm looking at either Sept, or more likely Oct and have a couple of choices but not sure which to pick.

Am looking at either the Carnival Paradise or the Grand Princess, both Western Caribbean. I'm a Princess addict but think it might finally be time to try Carnival. My pricing on the Paradise would be about $500 lower for an outside than an inside on the Grand, which I loved. Any thoughts?

Just to really confuse the issue other option I'm thinking about is Hawaii on either the Independence or the Patriot. Reviews on these are sure mixed with some loving the charm of the older Independence and the Patriot really getting bad reviews. Should I stick with my first two choices?

Doug
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2001, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Paradise or Grand Princess

ANOTHER Cruise?????? It MUST be nice!

Oh go ahead and try Carnival.
Old July 11th, 2001, 03:06 PM
First Mate

What week are you planning your Western?? Date??

Michael
Old July 11th, 2001, 03:12 PM
First Mate

I would check prices again for Grand they are much lower then you say. They are at the same level as Carnival...For Outside cabin.

I would book Grand!!
Michael
Old July 11th, 2001, 05:53 PM
First Mate

I think you need to recheck with your T.A., Princess is running a special for the Grand Princess for both Eastern and Western Caribbean in Sept and Oct. inside to outside and outside to balcony. It ends soooooon according to my fax the sale ends July 15th and I'm sure the cabins are going fast. Hope this helps.
Nancy
Old July 11th, 2001, 07:45 PM
sailinglisa

Doug - I would stick with Princess unless the price is sooo much better for the Paradise. You could add a new ship to your travels.....
Old July 11th, 2001, 07:46 PM
Passenger

DougH....lucky you for another cruise!!!! Will be interesting to hear what you think of Carnival if you try it....Princess would be my first choice though are the itineraries the same? Good luck deciding
Old July 11th, 2001, 08:25 PM
Admiral

Doug,

I would go with Princess.

I have sailed the sister ship of Paradise (Fascination). I would probably jump at the chance if it was Victory, Triumph or Spirit class ships but probably not for Paradise (Fantasy class ships).

BTW - I have no doubt your TA is giving you an awesome price .

Theresa
Old July 12th, 2001, 10:30 AM
Capt.J.T.

DougH -

My wife & I were on the Grand in early June - It was our third cruise and our second with Princess (first was Carnival Ecstasy). I don't in any way want to knock Carnival - the Ecstasy was a beautiful ship, however, in my personal opinion, Princess is in a league above Carnival. I found Princess to be a much more classy cruise line whereas Carnival seemed to be a bit less formal. The Grand would be my first choice without question. I'm sure you'll have a great time on whichever ship you choose.

Cheers,

Capt. J.T.
Old July 12th, 2001, 12:07 PM
Admiral

MY thoughts-- try Carnival-- for the 500.00 difference in OCT and use the money you would be saving on another trip--hint hint-- or go for it and do the Indepencance-- that will really be a differenct cruise experiance-- I love Hawaii -- ask Dall about it too
I'm sure you will love whatever you choose and when ever you go--
April
Old July 12th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Robocop

Hey, go ahead and try Carnival! Ity's always great to sail differant lines and ships IMHO. Then again, if you can take your vacation Sept 22nd then you should go and book the Triumph on the Cruisemates "test your sanity" cruise. That is going to the Western and will be THE cruise to take.
Jim