Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2001, 10:52 PM
mnhenderson

Default Tampa Hilton Airport??

Has anyone stayed at this Hilton?? I got a great rate on hotwire,and am hoping it will be nice for our pre-cruise stay.Thanks ahead of time for any info. Mariann
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2001, 11:45 PM
chetter

Default Re: Tampa Hilton Airport??

I stayed at the hilton and it was very nice but everything closes early except tgif's they stay open late . And if you have some ambition and your young you can go and surf the shuttle trains that is allot of fun .

have fun

Chet
Old July 12th, 2001, 09:56 AM
Chyna_C

Marian,
Are you coming to Tampa to cruise on the Sensation? I live here in Tampa and there is lots to do pre-cruise. If you like clubs and such, Ybor City is the place to go. During the day it is filled with boutiques and other great sites. Busch gardens is a must do if you enjoy rides and animals.
Old July 12th, 2001, 02:37 PM
mnhenderson

Chyna,Yes we are coming to sail on the Sensation in November.We will only be there one day pre-cruise,but I appreciate the info.Do you know if there is a nice mall close to the airport Hilton.We have a five year old,so clubs are pretty much out of the picture. Thanks for the reply. Mariann P.S. Have you heard good things about the hotel???
Old July 12th, 2001, 03:08 PM
Chyna_C

What is the address of the "Airport" Hilton, we have several Hiltons, but I am not sure which one they call the "airport" Hilton, I know the Airport Marriott is attached to the terminal building, but the Hilton I will need a more specific address, There are 8 large malls in Tampa so shopping should be an easy destination.
Old July 12th, 2001, 10:26 PM
mnhenderson

Hi! The address is 2225 Lois Ave. Tampa.Have you been on the Sensation? Thanks again. Mariann
Old July 12th, 2001, 10:45 PM
Chyna_C

The West Shore Plaza is about 3 miles or less from your hotel as best I can tell from the map. It is a nice upscale mall. Take your 5 year old to FAO Schwartz, both you and he will love it!!

I have not been on the Sensation yet, but I will be touring her on July 22nd.
Old July 12th, 2001, 11:26 PM
mnhenderson

Thanks Chyna!! I am sure he will love that.Please let me know what you think after your tour. Mariann