Do you have a "heart of gold?" Or do you know someone who does? To celebrate the US debut of our new ship Golden Princess, Princess Cruises is searching for 50 heroes or heroines who have done something selfless to help others in need. The selected honorees will be flown to Fort Lauderdale, Florida this October as Princess' guests at the exciting inaugural festivities for Golden Princess. Festivities will include an overnight cruise, black tie gala and ceremony to recognize 50 "Hearts of Gold" honorees from around the country.
Nominating someone for the "Hearts of Gold" contest is easy. See how to enter and official rules below.
"Hearts of Gold" Contest Rules
HOW TO ENTER
Contestants should submit an essay (up to 500 words) explaining why this hero or heroine should be recognized (e.g., someone who has put the well being of someone else above him or herself, someone who selflessly gives time to help those in need). If you are "nominating" a hero or heroine, please make sure they have provided consent before submitting their story. Any materials supporting the story are welcome (e.g., photos, video). Entries should also include the name, address, phone number, e-mail address, if applicable, and age of both the nominee and beneficiary of the nominee's actions.
Send entries to: Princess Cruises "Hearts of Gold" Search, c/o Porter Novelli, 220 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017 or e-mail essay to email@example.com (mail in any supporting materials with a cover note.) Entries must be received by July 16, 2001. Entries received after this date cannot be considered. Entries will not be returned.
* The fifty winning nominees, each with a guest, will receive an all-expense paid trip, including air fare, if applicable, to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, scheduled for October 10 and 11, 2001 to participate in a "Hearts of Gold" recognition ceremony and attend other inaugural festivities, including an overnight gala cruise and naming ceremony of Golden Princess. The winning nominees and their guests will share the same shipboard cabin.
* The winning nominees' beneficiary and a guest will also be invited to Ft. Lauderdale to the Golden Princess inaugural and, if able to attend, will receive an all-expense paid trip, including airfare, if applicable, to Ft. Lauderdale. In case of more than one beneficiary, a winning nominee will choose one person to represent all.
* All residents of the United States and Canada are eligible for contest entry as either a nominee or beneficiary. Void where prohibited. Princess Cruises and Porter Novelli are not responsible for any entries that are lost, misplaced or not received by the contest end date whether due to mail delays, e-mail malfunctions or otherwise. Employees of Princess Cruises, Porter Novelli and their affiliates, suppliers of marketing services to Princess Cruises and members of their immediate families are not eligible.
* Nominees selected as winners must be available to attend the Golden Princess launch festivities in Ft. Lauderdale, FL on October 10 and 11, 2001, including an overnight "cruise to nowhere." If a selected nominee cannot attend on these dates his/her prize and invitations to the beneficiary and each of their guests will be forfeited/withdrawn and an alternate nominee will be chosen.
* Decisions concerning the determination of winners and all other matters concerning this contest shall be made at the sole discretion of Princess Cruises and/or Porter Novelli, as applicable, and are final.
* Prizes awarded are non-transferable, have no cash value and cannot be converted to cash. Prizes do not include expenses of a personal nature such as telephone calls, some on-board charges and travel insurance. Staterooms and air travel, if applicable, for nominees, beneficiaries and their guests shall be chosen by Princess Cruises at its discretion.
* Princess Cruises' standard passage contract terms and conditions and all applicable federal, state and local laws shall apply to all nominees, beneficiaries and their guests sailing on a prize awarded herein.
* Contestants, nominees, winners, beneficiaries and their guests, by entering this contest and/or accepting a prize or invitation, shall have given their permission to Princess Cruises to use each of their names, photographs and likenesses without further compensation and shall have consented to media interviews and promotional, advertising, marketing and other such use by Princess Cruises of all materials submitted to Porter Novelli or Princess Cruises. Videotapes, photos and other materials will not be returned.
* Winners and beneficiaries under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult, who will share the same shipboard cabin.
* Winners will be notified by mail by September 15. A complete list of winners will be available from Princess Cruises by October 12, 2001 by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: HEARTS OF GOLD CONTEST, c/o Porter Novelli, 220 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017.
* Contestants are responsible for all mailing expenses and the like incurred by entering into this contest and such costs shall not be reimbursed by Princess Cruises or Porter Novelli.