Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2001, 09:10 AM
Traci

Default we leave tomorrow!!!!

Good morning, all! Well, our cruise is finally here (and my deadline was met last night at 8:00 p.m. - thank God). After 16 years since our last cruise (Carnival's Tropicale in September 1985 - fun cruise but bit of a nightmare what with the earthquake and hurricane!), we finally join the ranks of the cruising again. I think we're already hooked. We fly to FLL tomorrow morning and will be transported to Miami by RCI to board the Explorer of the Seas. I sure wish we would have been able to go down a day early, but work commitments and everything with my dad kept us from that. Oh, well, next time (see, I'm already planning the next one!). We will be meeting some people we "chatted" with online sometime tomorrow as well. I know it will be so much fun! Today is so busy getting ready and buying last minute things that I couldn't get before because of work. Thanks to all for the great ideas about clothes and not really needing to buy as much as I thought. I will go out today for the few things that I do need but I won't do the expensive shopping spree!

I want to thank everyone also for all of the prayers and support you posted or e-mailed to me concerning my dad. I appreciate it so much!!! Just wanted to let you know that he is doing so much better. Once they got him off of all of the meds from that first hospital, he started to be able to eat. He has been in cardiac rehab for a few days now and he is already eating REAL FOOD! In fact, he got sick on the pureed food the first couple days and they switched him to real food and he did better. He is enjoying eating again and they have been working him like crazy in physical therapy. He doesn't have to wear a hospital gown anymore and yesterday he went to the dining room to eat (still needs some assistance eating but this is a big step)! I can go on this trip knowing that he appears to be truly out of the woods. I will still probably call at least once from port though. Anyway, thanks again.

Well, I must go. I'm getting the gray "washed out of my hair" in a half hour and still have so much to do. I'll let you guys know if I have any last minute questions (I probably will!). I'll try to get online on the ship and say "hi" if I can. And I'll be sure to post when I get back! By the way, I had a thought: I guess on this board I'll say I'm "hooked" on cruising instead of "addicted," but instead of calling myself an "addict," what do I call myself...:o) @#$%&*****!!!!! Sorry, it's been a long week, month, whatever and that thought came to me! I'm crazy sometimes, what can I say?!

Oh well, thanks again, have a great day, and happy cruising!!!!

Traci
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2001, 09:15 AM
Captain

Default Re: we leave tomorrow!!!!

May you have clear skies and calm seas!
Old July 13th, 2001, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Traci,
Just go and have the best time, its very hard not to on Explorer, you'll love it and this cruise will do you good, enjoy and start planning that "next" one ASAP.

Bon Voyage,

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old July 13th, 2001, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Have a fantastic time and please check in when you get back!
Old July 13th, 2001, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Bon Voyage Traci! Have a wonderful time...you need the relaxation after your family ordeal. As for a label for our affliction...how about CRUISE CRAZED?

Mgram
Old July 13th, 2001, 12:53 PM
Jamman & Patti

Have a great cruise!! Be sure to raise a toast to us landlocked cruisers!!